Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -59 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN UK ”
Page 1 | Page 14 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/2/2020 5:57 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Please, try a media fast, and stay away from the news screen for a month. You will be back with a different outlook.
Sister, I once went without a TV or radio for twenty years, and it was bliss. I didn't know what was going on outside of my remote village, and that suited me fine.

My recommendation for you is to go to Somerset House and do your research, using facts, to ascertain the numbers of deaths, and compare them with an average over twenty years. When you see a huge difference in the numbers of deaths beginning with C19 outbreak, you can then try to ascertain the cause of that big leap. I put it to you that the cause was an infectious disease, and that without lockdown and isolation, the numbers would have been even higher.

Watch carefully, as lockdown is eased back, and in places the numbers of infections and deaths begins to rise again. To me, that is proof positive. What is it saying to you?


News Item7/2/2020 5:11 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Those are personal speculations based not on knowledge, but derived from all the given propaganda that withholds and often twicks real facts.
Sister, I would disagree. The speculations, sure, they are like projections, used often in business. So the actual figures I said may be inaccurate. However, deaths in the UK, as I have said many times, can be checked out at Somerset House, by any member of the public. And an investigation there would show that way above average figures of deaths in the UK since the outbreak of C19 were recorded. This cannot be gainsaid. Therefore, if the deaths were not due to C19, what then?

I would put it to you that the graphs shown on BBC every day were true not engineered. That the increase of deaths daily until they reached a peak of over a thousand every day, were due to the spread of C19, and that the peak was held at just over a thousand a day due to the lockdown measures and self-isolation, without which the graph would have increased and increased to an unknown figure.

BTW, the quote I posted was from a blog called 'The UK's Independent Fact Checking Charity'.


News Item7/2/2020 3:10 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Any figure has to be put in the right context.
What is the world wide population?
How many deaths of average flu occur yearly world wide?
Good morning Sister B. Is this the sort of info you are looking for?

"The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza."

When you consider that guvs all over the world are on a severe economic downturn because of their attempts to fight C19 through lockdowns and isolation etc. then the figure of over 500k deaths becomes meaningful. Imagine what that figure would have been if guvs had ignored the coronavirus. 500 million? A billion?


News Item7/2/2020 2:34 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
JD Saved by Grace wrote:
Too much craziness is happening in the world, and it gets worse, day by day. Always something. If it's not one thing, it's another. Help me Lord Jesus.
It's a great prayer JD, simple and to the point. And with things hotting up in the world, we will be asking the Lord for his help more and more. Thankfully it is only for a season, and the joys of heaven will be ours.

News Item7/2/2020 2:29 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
4
comments
I wonder if the charismatic pastors have got prosperity on their mind, like when they extract some money from guv coffers through the courts.

News Item7/2/2020 2:22 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
Globally there are now 10.6m coronavirus cases and more than 515,500 deaths.

Just read that in the news this morning. I don't know if it's true or not. It may be a whole lot more.


News Item7/2/2020 2:17 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
9
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
I think we all saw this coming.
We sure did, Quiet Brother.

The UK has been very gracious in offering three million HK people a place back home if they wish it. I do not know how the numbers crunch, but it is a nice gesture. Of course it means upheaval, but it may be one way out.


News Item7/2/2020 2:10 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
Thank you cv for your lengthy post.

Long time no see, I hope you are well enough.


News Item7/1/2020 4:11 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
Mike wrote:
It's robbery when some of what you give them is given back, but disguised as aid. There is no issue with state gov maintaining state roads and bridges, state courts and police, etc. There is issue when they decree what shall be taught local schools. That isn't their realm of responsibility. State money used for schools, given as carrots to donkeys, would be better used for the services of which you wrote. If schools cannot pay their own way, where does the the funding come from, other than from the people in the first place? The districts need provide their own funding, or adjust superintendents' and teachers salaries and retirement packages according to what they can afford. Biblical, no?
Mike, are you saying that there has been a recent change in the system? That the curriculum in schools is now set by the state, whereas it was once set independently? That appears to be what you're saying.

As for biblical practice, I honestly do not know what the Bible teaches about it. Is there some teaching on schools? I mean schools which cater for every child, not just the people of God.


News Item7/1/2020 2:28 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
The USA could have done a "Darwin Experiment" instead of locking down. The experiment would have involved ignoring the so-called, imaginary virus from Wuhan, China, carrying on as normal; and then, if there actually was a virus which was capable of killing people, it would probably only have killed the weak and useless in society, and as Darwin proposed, the fittest would survive. I'm sorry if someone else proposed that already, I must have missed it.

Of course, in the UK, that would never happen. For some reason we are very careful to help the elderly and vulnerable, which is why the life expectancy age is so high now in the UK - it's because of the - wait for it - the National Health Service.


News Item7/1/2020 2:18 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
Mike wrote:
It would be better if school districts paid their own way, instead of pretending State "aid" is anything more than robbery from taxpayers in all districts to bribe them each in return with the money robbed. Math seems to evade. It's like if I give $100 to Jim, and Carl gives $100 to Jim, and Jim keeps $40 for managing, then gives Carl and me back $80 each, calling it Jim aid in the process. Why is this hard to figure out?
I like the way you put that, Mike.

It's a bit like you giving Jim $100. He keeps $40 for managing, and with the rest he repairs the roads you drive on, maintains the court rooms, police and fire service etc, and whatever else the guv does with tax money. I'm not sure though why you call it robbery of taxpayers. Do you not believe in that system, which is the same in the UK? Is there another system which I've never heard of? You hinted at school districts paying their own way. How would that work out in practice?


News Item7/1/2020 10:40 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Frank wrote:
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

And like you said; I have learned much from women on this forum and in my email exchanges. The Lord leads and guides them the same way He does you and I. And their different perspectives are very helpful.

Frank, I am convinced that some women are especially gifted by the Lord, and can be a great blessing. Sometimes, as you say, their "different perspectives" are very helpful. [I agree with the rest of your post.]

I just caught this from your previous post:

"Let me just say this; anything I have done for the Lord was done by the Lord. Nothing I have ever done was because I had any special calling or bravery. Our heavenly Father never shares His glory with anyone."

"Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

Too true, bro! That verse is one of my favourite verses, which shows where all our motivation and service comes from. So that we might say, "To God be the glory, great things he hath done."


News Item7/1/2020 9:08 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Frank wrote:
And they shouldn't be there!
Isaiah 3:12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
I guess it is one of those slippery slopes, and I doubt we'll ever see a return to Bible-based Christianity, unless these issues are sorted out and dealt with.

I have the greatest respect for women; I love them and see God's purpose for them in scripture. But it is very rare nowadays to see Christian women play their role as God intended. Indeed, one the few places you will see it firsthand is in Amish communities. I'm not commending Amish by saying that, merely observing that from what I've seen of them, there is a sharp distinction between the men and women, and both men and women play their biblical role.

In my observations of the way women are in general, in churches in the UK, I can think of very few who were behaving biblically, and not causing a problem to other church members.

But then, I would say that is true of most of the men also. We are in the midst of a great falling away, an apostasy to end all apostasies. And it behoves us to Get Back To The Bible.


News Item7/1/2020 8:12 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Frank wrote:
It was my pleasure. This was weird. My post showed up 37 minutes after I tried to post it. I know you are thinking it was OMI, but it wasn't.
Ha! You don't think it was diverted to Homeland Security or the FBI for examination before they let it through? After all, there are a lot of evangelical feminists in politics, and they are not frightened to admit it.

News Item7/1/2020 8:01 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Frank wrote:
Brother JohnUK,
This is the first I have seen of this thread. In fact, I didn’t even read through it so I’m not sure where the dissent started. I wish I had seen it earlier so I could have come to your aid.
It is impossible to deal with evangelical feminists. It is impossible to win an argument with evangelical feminists and they take great pride in that. What I try to do is be as fair as I can and then simply ignore what they say. Tell them the truth and then leave them be. I know with certainty that you are not a misogynist as you work with women in your country and women in the Middle East.
Like you, I have been accused of serving a false God and of being a misogynist. If someone goes that far, then they truly should be ignored.
The only moniker I am going to address is Lurker. Many years ago I accused him of supporting evangelical feminism and apparently my fellow ember hasn’t changed.
2 Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Anyway, hang in there.
Thank you Frank. Lord bless.

News Item7/1/2020 6:32 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
Chris from England wrote:
...
However, when I was in college in the 1970’s, I already saw some of these things developing. Now it is just much more aggressive and forceful.
It is surely an awful thing to discern the end result of a certain direction. How must the prophets have felt when giving out the word of God? Or when Jesus, coming into Jerusalem, sighed and wept when he foresaw the total destruction of the city and the carnage involved?

News Item7/1/2020 6:28 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Ladies, surely affinities and likeness of trail of thought are sustained often with John on my part, yet of late, obtuse reasoning on his part has brought in incongruent thinking patterns for which commendation was not possible.
No one knows what a person is going through while posting here. Some sort of sickness, in more that one way, might underline or exist.
However and definitively, ladies, if one does not have an encouraging way to uplift, correct or direct, is better to hold on to one's peace, rather than to fire off to a member for whom Christ died.
Maturity always has a way of showing itself.

Thank you, Sister B.


News Item7/1/2020 4:32 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Lurker wrote:
John, I said I had nothing more to say but I can't let this stand without an answer.
If this is what you truly believe then I implore you..... be gone and never return. There is no place for such unwarranted and malicious contempt of our dear sisters in Christ on this forum.
Lurker, I thank you for your post, coming as it does from your heart, not from a masked Christian who is trying to be "nice" and "good" and portray himself as the spiritual business. I much prefer honesty to hidden anger and violence, because violence and anger, bottled up, can cause mental problems for which there is little hope, except of course in Jesus Christ, whose healing of sins and sicknesses is found in his atonement.

However, because you tell lies about me, you yourself leave yourself open to devils by the back door, and on top of that, rebuke by the Almighty. So it is out of concern for you that I speak up, as I see nobody else cares about your eternal soul.

You say I have "malicious contempt of our dear sisters in Christ on this forum". What I wish to know is, Which "dear sisters" are you referring to? And how do I show "malicious contempt" for them?

Unlike you (whom I forgive), I have never told anyone here to clear off and never return.


News Item6/28/2020 3:40 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
It often happens this way, when people run out of arguments, they simply go on the attack, as has been evidenced by a series of posts from feminists who have ganged up to have a go at me because it makes them feel good to do so. It has nothing to do with what I say or believe, I am merely a target to aim at, a sort of sport for American feminists.

Well, I'm not one to hang around when I'm not wanted, and there is nobody coming to stand by me in support, so I'll leave you all to it, and wish you well. I will pray for all of you later, as some of you may well be dying of C19 when it returns with a vengeance, after lockdowns were eased off too early.

Have at it you feminists, and have a gas. It only serves to prove my point, that you have not Jesus dwelling within you. You say, "I am fine, my church is fine, my doctrine is perfect, my ways are correct, my skirt is the correct length (eh?), I have the love of Jesus in my heart (eh?)

Now someone will try to get my post removed. Pathetic.

I will NOT be tuning in again to see any replies, so you may say whatever you want, only the Lord will see, and the Lord is the one to consider.


News Item6/28/2020 3:14 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
91
comments
Lurker wrote:
...
Sure, the unregenerate may say those things...
Lurker, I'm not talking about the unregenerate.

Oh well, sleep on. It will be crucifixion time soon enough.

And still nobody will have a try at my question. I never realised it was that hard. But hey, sure it is.

BTW, to all my American friends, who love and respect me as a disciple of Jesus Christ, I have this to say. Human nature being what it is, and the lockdowns causing such consternation of mind that people are getting mentally and physically ill, whenever such time as the lockdowns are eased back a bit, instead of an inch people will take a mile. This will undoubtedly cause a second wave of C19, which may be far worse than the first. The only way this sort of unknown virus will be beaten is by isolating, and isolating inevitably comes with deprivation, and with deprivation comes anger and rebellion, especially against their gov. And so C19 happily goes on, until the human race becomes decimated and all the rebels have died off.

Ask the inhabitants of Florida and Texas about this reverting back to lockdowns and see what they say.

Jump to Page : back 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 more


Jim Byrd
Christ is All: 1

Colossians 3:11
Sunday Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Hourly:
Not Peace But a Sword
Dr. Bob Jones Sr.
Bob Jones University
Staff Picks..

Shawn Reynolds
Wisdom is Justified

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sermon:
Cuando Dios Está Enojado
Mark S. Wisniewski

SPONSOR | 6,700+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
MyChurch App New!
Watch
Android
MyChurch App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.