Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 min
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN UK ”
Page 1 | Page 13 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/5/2020 9:51 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
James Thomas wrote:
Your welcome John.
DKH and his understanding of the reformation and the fruit of the Spirit.
Aha! I do not think DKH has an affinity with the Reformation. Either that, or he is not explaining himself very well.

What think ye? We will bear fruit of some sort. It will either be bad fruit (from our own heart - Jeremiah 17:9) or good fruit (from the indwelling Spirit - Galatians 5:22-23).


News Item7/5/2020 9:04 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
Thank you James.

But what or who are you responding to, and what is your main point? Thank you.


News Item7/5/2020 5:31 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
Bro Remo, thanks for sharing some aspects of your life. I find it fascinating, even down to the calf just being born, and which you have to attend upon.

I have always told people that if they wish to know, generally speaking, the beliefs I hold on a variety of subjects, simply turn to the 1689 Baptist confession. This is for convenience really, not because I am a great believer in creeds and confessions.

In recent years I have experienced a different form or structure of the church, which has always rejected the clergy/laity style of church, in favour of a more open form of worship and ministry, being practised by groups of Christians called Brethren.

I'm sure that if each poster was to give an account of his Christian pilgrimage thus far, there would be quite a variety on display. And I'm talking about just the genuine Christians. But this variety ought only be on secondary issues, which do not affect salvation. Primary issues, however, are crucial, and we all ought believe the same thing, especially when it comes to the good news of the gospel.

It seems to me, bro, that our anonymous friend DKH does not hold to those primary doctrines which are crucial for salvation, and he most likely belongs to a cult.


News Item7/5/2020 3:04 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
Good morning Remo, and I wish you a happy Sunday.

I like to get to know people and what they believe. Fellowship is always enhanced the more people know each other.

With that in mind, could you peruse the 16th chapter of the 1689 Baptist confession of faith, and comment on it, whether you believe it correct or incorrect. Thank you. Here it is:

http://www.1689.com/confession.html#Ch.%2016


News Item7/4/2020 4:41 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
John 3:8 KJV
(8)  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

This is a most wonderful teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ, showing that the sinner does nothing regarding his new birth, but is dependent on the sovereign Lord having mercy on him.


News Item7/4/2020 5:20 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
Remo, I am sorry you spent a half hour preparing a message, and then decided to delete it. I am looking for something far simpler than that. Ah, I see you have done it:

"Look and Live!"

This is the summation of both the OT passage and the lifting up of Christ at Calvary. In both cases it is a response to what God has done for sinners, and it is just a look. A look with the eye of faith. And there is nothing else needful. Jesus has done it all.

Isaiah 45:22 KJV
(22)  Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

John 3:36 KJV
(36)  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:18 KJV
(18)  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There is plenty of evidence that God gives eternal life to them that believe. Is it enough? Yes, it is enough. Nothing more required? No, nothing more required. This is justification by faith in Jesus Christ, and a man could go to heaven immediately upon his justification.


News Item7/4/2020 2:37 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
114
comments
DKH, I am glad you are sticking around, at least for a while. And I am glad you take the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ seriously, as I do.

Here below is some teaching of the Lord Jesus, and it would be helpful if you would preach a short sermonette on it. I regard it as the gospel explained by Jesus in a very simple way, using a comparison from the OT.

John 3:14-15 KJV
(14)  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
(15)  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Thank you.

Now if you have gone, perhaps WatchmanRemo would care to preach a sermonette on the passage, so that it may become clear what you believe about what man must do to have eternal life. Thank you.


News Item7/3/2020 1:48 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
27
comments
Mike wrote:
Anyone shocked?
I have had a few shocks in my time, Mike bro.

At my place of work I once cut through both live and neutral wires together with my wire cutters, thinking all power was off. But it wasn't, and there was a great bang, and my wire cutters were ruined, the metalwork melted. Thankfully, by God's grace I was not harmed, but I nearly fell off the ladder I was standing on.


News Item7/3/2020 1:43 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
29
comments
Adriel wrote:
...
Come Lord Jesus, Come Soon.
Adriel, do you believe we are seeing evidences as from the Bible concerning the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Same question also to Frank, if you are so inclined to give an opinion, brother, stranger and pilgrim.


News Item7/3/2020 6:35 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
Watchmanremo other name wrote:
Now I see why the bug hates you.he he he.
Blessings to u brother.
P.s its hard to love these others. But Christ says too. Pre venture God only will grant them repentance . Who God calls he also.....................

News Item7/3/2020 5:43 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
Amen Remo, the salvation of God is truly massive and momentous. It is no small thing. But it has become lopsided among many, where their emphasis is upon the justification, and any mention of the word "works" causes them to make a beeline for Galatians and thoughts of false prophets.

However, the whole point of Christianity is to rescue men who are sinners, and restore in them godliness of life in every avenue.

God rescues men from the consequences of their sin, which eternally is to perish in the lake of fire. God rescues men from the power of sin in their life, which means they live differently by the grace of God. And God rescues men from even the presence of sin, and for this they have to wait until either they die or the Lord Jesus returns.

Matthew 3:8 KJV
(8)  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Acts 26:20 KJV
(20)  But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

These two texts show that DKH is right to emphasise repentance meaning a change in the life. But let it be known that this is wrought in the sinner by God himself, because the sinner is unable of himself to so turn.


News Item7/3/2020 5:10 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
29
comments
Spirit-filled Christianity is the only way to solve problems like this. Trying to get the flesh to obey something because it is right will always fail.

The Quiet Christian wrote:
The world does not define the work of the church. The Head of the body does.
I was so delighted to read these words, Quiet Brother. This principle grips me more and more as each day passes. We must never allow the world to define the work of the church, nor even the pastor or church leaders or elders. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the body, and he alone has the right to define the church's work. Amen.

News Item7/3/2020 5:01 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
DKH wrote:
To be clear, I'm not trying to earn my salvation. Nor am I trying to work my way to Heaven.
I just love Jesus and He told me "if you love Me keep My commandments". Should I obey Jesus or not? Can't seem to get a straight answer.
Also, He told his followers to tell others to obey whatsoever He commanded them. Should I tell others that or not?
I've just been trying to do what Jesus wants me to do, not because I'm trying to work my way to heaven, but rather because Jesus has bought me with His blood and redeemed me and forgave my sins and I dont deserve it one bit. And because of that I am so SO grateful. I want to do whatever pleases Him most. And, you wont believe this, but He even said He would give His servants the power to do what He wants us to do!!! Isn't that amazing!
DKH, I am greatly encouraged by the words of this post, for you are saying that your works do not contribute anything towards reaching heaven; rather you work and serve Christ out of gratefulness to him for saving you by grace. This also is my testimony.

You ask, "Should I keep the law of Christ?" Yes. [John 14:15]

You ask, "Should I obey the commission of Jesus?" Yes. [Matthew 28:20]

Am I reading you right?


News Item7/2/2020 5:33 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
DKH wrote:
...
Thanks for caring John. I’m a follower of Jesus and I trust you are as well.
Yes indeed I am a follower of Jesus. I love and worship him, serve him, and always seek to do whatever he tells me. But I am very imperfect in all these things, and have failed the Lord a multitude of times. So I never depend on myself for my salvation, but only what Jesus Christ has done on my behalf.

Let me give you a text which has always been a blessing to me, whenever I have been concerned about my salvation. It is the teaching of Jesus in Luke 18:9-14. This deals with the justification of a sinner, when he has genuine faith. A man thusly justified is heaven-bound and he cannot improve his justification because he has been declared just by God, having the righteousness of Christ imputed. You cannot get better than that.

Please do not mix that up with subsequent sanctification, or you will lose the solid foundation of Justification By Faith Alone in [the works of] Christ Alone.

I believe this is where your problem lies, and I hope you are enabled to see that, and receive salvation as a little, humble child.

Now I really must turn in.


News Item7/2/2020 5:16 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
Brother John, you have raised a valid question about the Biblical authority surrounding government operation, although the point you raise is more specifically to education.
I'm not sure you will find those principles in total in your Bible. I don't see many of them in mine. Perhaps that's because the Bible is a book of 2 Tim 3:16 uses for believers in Christ/redeemed by Christ and churches (groups of believers/redeemed). Certain principles do obviously apply and the responsibility to educate is given to fathers in both the OT & NT.
Parents have options today though to delegate that authority to a school or do it themselves. At the loosest interpretation, dad is still responsible.
The problem comes when the state, via the school, attempts or succeeds in usurping parental authority & responsibility.
Quiet Brother, thanks for your post, and seeking to improve my knowledge on the subject. Thank you.

I wonder if it is a Catch-22 situation? If a young man wishes (being a capitalist) to secure a great job, professional, well paid, he will need to get to a level of education acceptable to the profession, and getting educated at home may not cut the cloth.


News Item7/2/2020 5:05 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
DKH wrote:
Thanks for asking! Jesus said "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand."
DKH, thank you for being open and honest about what you believe, concerning the gospel and God's message to sinners.

I will also be honest, and say that I feel very sad for you, but happy that you have turned up here, where already you have received some good advice from others.

If you believe that man is lost and hell-bound by nature and by deed, but you also believe that there is a heaven, you will obviously be concerned about your sinful nature and sinful deeds, and how these can be dealt with by a holy and just God who must punish sin.

I say "dealt with by God" because there is nothing a sinner can do about it himself. What he needs is grace and mercy, and it must all come from God. And this is why the gospel is good news; everything needful is done by the Lord himself, and we appropriate it through a God-given faith. God supplies a new heart, making us a new creature; he forgives sin - every last sin; he credits us with the righteousness of Christ. We contribute nothing, absolutely nothing; it is all of grace. Check out Romans 3:21-26.

If you seek to contribute one little thing, you will not make heaven. I will pray now for you. G'night.


News Item7/2/2020 2:11 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
9
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
Grateful for that half of the population who have the ability to emigrate with a UK passport, Brother John.
Quiet Brother, I just happened to glance over this story this morning, and I believe the British gov is doing all it can to make an easy passage for anyone in Hong Kong to depart. It seems the best thing to do, because if they rebel, it will only end in tears. China obviously has its plan, and will implement it, even if it costs greatly on both sides.

News Item7/2/2020 1:59 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
DKH wrote:
Another interesting note. In the book of Acts, the Apostles rairly (if not ever) talk about the atonement when sharing the gospel. That comes later in the epistles (letters written to believers). The Apostles preached Jesus and told people to follow him in Acts. They didn’t preach a fact about about Jesus which is walk a lot of Christians today preach. To be clear, the atonement is important but overused in witnessing.
DKH, when you have a moment, I would be interested to know what you consider to be the heart of the gospel message to sinners.

For example:

John 3:16 KJV
(16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Would you say that God "gave his only begotten Son" refers to the atoning sacrifice at Calvary, made by his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, particularly, redemption by his blood?

And that "whosoever believeth in him" refers to believing this about Christ, and believing, comes to him, receives him, and in receiving him, receives eternal life, because "he that hath the Son hath life"?

Thank you.


News Item7/2/2020 1:37 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
Frank wrote:
Brother JohnUK,

I have been elected and chosen by God through faith in Christ from before the foundation of the world. This election is based solely on God’s righteousness, and grace that have been bestowed upon me not based on works that I have done, am doing, or will ever do, but to fulfil His desire and purpose. Because of God’s effectual calling and the new nature He has given me, I confess that Jesus Christ is God, very God and man, very man and that He is my Lord and Savior. God Himself is then my Messiah and my Redeemer who came to this earth, took on humanity, lived a perfect life as the Son of Man and willingly shed His blood and was pierced through for my iniquities. His death on the cross was a singular event (IT IS FINISHED) and reveals His victory over Satan and demonstrates His righteousness for all to see.
God loved me from before the foundation of the world and because of His love, desire and purpose, He will conform me into the image of His precious Son as He has promised. He has given me a new heart that loves Jesus and based on that love, I desire to obey Him and to walk in a manner worthy of my Lord and Savior.
Amen brother, and amen. This is a testimony full of scripture.

News Item7/2/2020 12:53 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
99
comments
Frank wrote:
...
Interesting comment on Paul. Yes some consider him to be a misogynist and they pick and choose what to believe is spiritual.
Well said brother.
It's a sad fact bro. But real spiritual joy and freedom will come to anyone when they accept the whole of the Bible as the very word of God, and see it as a blessing not a restriction. Alas, so many women will always miss out on the best blessings, for allowing their own flesh and carnal nature to trump the word of God, when it comes to their God-given role, designed for peace and a good equilibrium.
Jump to Page : back 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 more



Jim Byrd
Christ is All: 1

Colossians 3:11
Sunday Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS



Shawn Reynolds
Wisdom is Justified

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Finding Peace for your Soul
Dr. Sacha Walicord

SPONSOR | 2,800+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
MyChurch App New!
Watch
Android
MyChurch App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.