Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 min
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/31/2020
TUESDAY, SEP 8, 2020  |  76 comments
Christian author Jen Hatmaker files for divorce
Weeks after posting a message on social media revealing that her family was working through an “unexpected crisis,” Christian author Jen Hatmaker, a mother of five, has filed for divorce from her husband, Brandon.

Hatmaker, who made headlines in 2016 for affirming same-sex marriage, wrote after nearly three weeks of social media silence at the time: “I’ve been quiet. In short, we are deeply hurting in our little life. As I’ve written, there is a difference between secrecy marked by shame, and privacy marked by discretion, and we are in the second category.”

Hatmaker said her “greatest regret” was speaking against homosexuality. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

   10/31/20  |  Ballot Initiatives Could Tighten Abortion Laws in Colorado,... • 1 comments
   10/31/20  |  Nearly half of Gen Z Americans view socialism favorably: survey • 2 comments
   10/30/20  |  Medical experts challenge transgender ideology in science video... • 3 comments
   10/29/20  |  High school investigates coach for tweet criticizing gay marriage • 4 comments
   10/28/20  |  Ohio wedding officiant will not have to perform same-sex... • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( SOCIETY ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  Special Report: SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to...
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 36 comments
   10/06/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: FTP Access Allows Uploading Sermons in Batch • 5 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to Portland
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 36 comments
   10/06/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: FTP Access Allows Uploading Sermons in Batch • 5 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 76 user comment(s)
News Item9/12/2020 6:20 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
It doesn’t show dates/times.
76

News Item9/12/2020 5:29 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Steven, I refer you to my post of 9/12/2020 5:25AM. If you cannot access it, I will repost it.

Just caught your post before turning in.

75

News Item9/12/2020 5:16 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
John… it is interesting to me how many times I can say the same thing in slightly different ways because the point is missed… I’m starting to believe that to be intentional and not incidental.
To be clear: there is no scriptural mandate for which specific sins, beyond rejecting of the Holy Spirit, would classify a person as lost or saved. Saved people sin… As we noticed by the man in a sexual relationship with his stepmom. Lost people act spiritual… As evidenced by the Pharisee in Luke 18. Our job is to provide grace always and (for the church body,) chastisement when needed. Not to sit around just blatantly bad mouthing people and questioning salvation. As I have stated, neither of us know whether she is saved… if she claims so, what she needs is Church discipline. Then let the spirit work on her. Call sitting on here lambasting everyone who does something wrong as “on their way to hell“ is making Christians look ridiculous because we are celebrating it
74

News Item9/12/2020 5:25 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
BTW Steven, I do not want you to imagine that I classify anyone as 'beyond the pale'. Obviously some are, because God has 'given them over'; they loved not the truth, so God prevented them from ever 'hearing' the truth. Those not elect are not so much 'beyond the pale' as non starters. God chooses not to extend his mercy to them, so they perish in the sins which they love, and deservedly so.

But no-one really knows if a sinner will ever repent. While there is life there is hope.

Luke 13:4-5 KJV
(4)  Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
(5)  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

With regard to Mrs Hatmaker, I would be thrilled if the Spirit of God convicted her of her sins and brought her to repentance through the new birth. So it is mere speculation on my part that she is reprobate. I think it is highly likely, but time always tells. She will either get worse and worse, in which case she will perish; or the Lord God will have mercy upon her and bring her to the cross, and bring her to his word, which so clearly points out her grievous sins.

And if I was in her case, I would hope Christians would point these things out to me.

73

News Item9/12/2020 2:17 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Stevenr wrote:
John, let’s be honest. we have no evidence that anyone on this forum is saved outside the fact that they can talk the talk.
What an odd life you must live, Steven. Every day you meet people, and you do not know whether or not they are Christians. Man, it must be worse in America than I supposed, when the Christians do not stand out, living righteously, and the sinners stand out, living ungodly lives. It's all become a blur. The tares are in the church and no-one knows who they are. They have learnt a few evangelical phrases, and they are good for baptism and can become Sunday School teachers, deacons, pastors. Yes, the devil sure has won victories, and it is because of backsliding. God's people no longer care what happens. They have become hedonists. They think being religious is all that is necessary for heaven.

But Mrs Hatmaker, now surely the evidence points to her being unregenerate? We know full well she is now supporting the LGBT cause and is filing for divorce. What would you say if the reason for her divorce is so that she can 'marry' another woman? Hmmmm?

72

News Item9/11/2020 7:32 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
So, John 4—what was that man’s fruit prior? We don’t know. What was this woman’s fruit prior to this? (Just because she is propoed up by an ungodly society doesn’t mean that is her only “fruit.”)
We don’t know. My ENTIRE point.
And thank you for the last sentence.
71

News Item9/11/2020 7:09 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Stevenr...

I'm positive the man caught in a relationship was saved because the Bible says so. It isn't a supposition! The Bible also says we can know who is saved by their fruit. According to Jen's constant disobedience of God's Word, she is not saved. A bad tree bears bad fruit. However, it really doesn't matter according to church discipline and it doesn't mean she should be given up on.

70

News Item9/11/2020 6:05 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
John, let’s be honest. we have no evidence that anyone on this forum is saved outside the fact that they can talk the talk.
So, I never claimed to have evidence of either destination. What I said is that we are called to Grace and God is the judge of who has Christ, and if she IS a child God will deal with her in this life or the next. If not—same thing. But to cast judgement of her position is not ours to do.
69

News Item9/11/2020 5:12 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Stevenr,

You said, "And there you go, yet again making a judgement that essentially says that the Holy Spirit is powerless to convict and reclaim someone.
Do you not believe that God loves His children, and chastens them? Do you not believe that God wants a chastened child to return to Him?
Where is your faith John? Or are you too interesting in celebrating the Devil’s victories?"

And so I asked, "Now then Stevenr, what you need to do, is tell me upon what evidence you are basing your belief that Mrs Hatmaker is one of God's elect?"

And you replied, "..... I believe that is above our paygrade."

So you have no evidence whatever that Mrs Hatmaker is a child of God, yet you imply that God loves her and will chasten her and desires her return to him? This is a poor do, Steven. You can't make judgments like that without evidence.

You say I am wrong to believe she will end up in a lake of fire because of the evidence in front of me, yet you yourself believe she will be in heaven eventually, without any evidence whatever.

Now I must say that I believe this convo will turn out profitable to both of us, and I believe this because the Bible says so. Therefore do not permit the devil another victory, but receive grace upon grace.

68

News Item9/11/2020 4:39 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
Now then Stevenr, what you need to do, is tell me upon what evidence you are basing your belief that Mrs Hatmaker is one of God's elect?

As. I so eloquently stated earlier… (that was humor, I’m not eloquent,) I believe that is above our paygrade. Beyond that, I will direct you to Dr. Tim’s answer of what IS our responsibility.

67

News Item9/11/2020 4:30 PM
Ransom Out of the Silent Planet  Find all comments by Ransom Out of the Silent Planet
The woman has turned apostate by embracing sodomites, no shock she’s divorcing.
66

News Item9/11/2020 3:53 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Stevenr wrote:
And there you go, yet again making a judgement that essentially says that the Holy Spirit is powerless to convict and reclaim someone.
Do you not believe that God loves His children, and chastens them? Do you not believe that God wants a chastened child to return to Him?
Where is your faith John? Or are you too interesting in celebrating the Devil’s victories?
Stevenr, if Mrs Hatmaker (soon to lose the Hatmaker part by divorce) is a child of God, then God her Father will reclaim her shortly, or even lengthily, because she is one of God's elect for whom Christ died specifically, and God has promised to keep all of his elect and beloved children. This is what grace is all about, the salvation of God's elect, his sheep, and the justice towards the non elect, the goats. God will be glorified in both the elect and the non elect. It's a fact.

Now then Stevenr, what you need to do, is tell me upon what evidence you are basing your belief that Mrs Hatmaker is one of God's elect?

After all, the only evidence I have seen thus far, would make it clear that she is a rebel against God, unregenerate, a promoter of LGBT vileness. So to my mind she is reprobate.

65

News Item9/11/2020 3:39 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
All the Pharisees chant,
“Go Satan Go
You got her in your tow
Devils gonna win
Overcome with sin
Give my Pharisaical self some vindica—tion.”
Yay team!

I mean, really.

64

News Item9/11/2020 3:35 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
And there you go, yet again making a judgement that essentially says that the Holy Spirit is powerless to convict and reclaim someone.
Do you not believe that God loves His children, and chastens them? Do you not believe that God wants a chastened child to return to Him?
Where is your faith John? Or are you too interesting in celebrating the Devil’s victories?
63

News Item9/11/2020 2:27 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Dr. Tim wrote:
That she isn’t right with God and is a candidate for church discipline, however, is beyond question. She should be dealt with scripturally, like any other fallen church member.
Stevenr wrote:
Exactly Tim
Not going to happen. She doesn't accept the scriptural position on homosexuality nor divorce, nor adultery, so to imagine she will accept church discipline is a non starter. Besides which, she's a famous author and preacheress, don't you know.
62

News Item9/11/2020 2:16 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
Exactly Tim
61

News Item9/11/2020 1:35 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
Well, Stevenr, some folks say that Matthew is really a continuation of the Old Testament way of doing things. That’s mighty handy for them if they want to claim that tithing is foreign to the New Testament.
Whether this lady is saved or not is, as a famous (or infamous) fella said “Above my paygrade.” That she isn’t right with God and is a candidate for church discipline, however, is beyond question. She should be dealt with scripturally, like any other fallen church member. Nada mas y nada menos.
60

News Item9/11/2020 12:52 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
John 4
Again, supposition based on no stated Biblical fact. We don’t know if the man’s testimony was good or bad before his relationship with his stepmother. That is the point.
It’s not for us to stand around making unilateral statements over whether this woman is lost or saved.
What there is however is a Biblical process that Christ gave us in Matthew 18 to deal with someone who has fallen, which is the process Paul suggested regarding the man.
Someone in Christian leadership needs to approach her and tell her where she is wrong. If she doesn’t listen, take a few witnesses, and then if it doesn’t change, bring her before the Church and then announce she is under Church discipline.
59

News Item9/10/2020 4:04 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
B. McCausland wrote:
Sure, barren Christianity abounds, result of false gospel pulpit 'talks' and esay belivism.
How true Adam Clarke had it, even 2 centuries ago.
Surely I Corinthians 5 deals with the necessity of church discipline,
"Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. "
Thank you sister for your comments. Most welcome. It is always good to hear from you, Sister B.
____________

It is true that I do not know for whom Jesus died, but I do know that few there be that find their way to the portal and enter through that door into the kingdom of God.

All I can go on is the evidence placed before me. Is this lady a member of a church? She ought to be shunned, not accepted. Thrown out of membership, not received with open arms. In the OT, purity within the camp was taken seriously. Today, it seems churches are so lax, that they are filling up with tares. Would anyone care to disagree? Some churches are only tares, not one believer. It's a fact.

58

News Item9/10/2020 3:39 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Stevenr...

Another thing to consider is Jen Hatmaker has begun to bare fruit and none of it good. Preaching the word is overstepping her bounds, accepting the sin of homosexuality, and now divorce for unbiblical causes.

Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Matthew 7:17‭-‬20

I get what you are saying about the man who married his stepmother, but it was of a different situation. He may have bore good fruit until then and when confronted with his sin, had trouble breaking away from it because he was already entrapped. He may have still held to the tenets of the faith otherwise and just needed harsh correction for this one thing. I'm not saying I am exactly right, but there are those who leave or are expelled from the church who were never part of the body and then there are those who are kicked out for disciplinary reasons who are still saved. I lean toward her not ever being saved because of her fruit.

57
There are a total of 76 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Ballot Initiatives Could Tighten Abortion Laws in Colorado,...
the quiet christian: "while the recent confirmation is comforting in a sense, these..."
-33 min 
Nearly half of Gen Z Americans view socialism favorably: survey
the quiet christian: "but a key component is the gospel. not the theraputic gospel...."
-39 min 
'I Was Wrong': Albert Mohler Says He's Voting for Trump
mike from new york: " jim lincoln excerpt from, 'at least never trumpers stood..."
-3 hrs 28 




Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05

Dr. James M. Phillips
#174 The Real Islam & the..

Systematic Theology 2017
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Chris Hand
Signs & Symptoms (2)

Heaven's Treasure Seekers
Crich Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Election Sermon 2020

If My People Called By My Name
Reformation Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Connect with Thousands of Pastors

Join the Larg­est Online Comm­un­ity & Mess­age Board for Min­istry. Disc­uss COVID & More.
https://churchanswers.com/f..

Sermon: Perfect Love Casts out Fear
Shawn Reynolds

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Portland, OR
  31   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV New!
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP New!
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.