Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
141

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -8 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN LEE ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Hope | David Gay
Patti from Murrysville Pennsylvania
"Amen brother amen...the saved always see themselves as the worst of..."
-10 hrs 
Sermon The Pilgrimage Of Faith | Phil Snyder
Laurie Bernardini
-12 hrs 
Sermon Christmas, NOT for DUMMIES. A Christmas lecture... | Stephen A. Chronister
Joseph Hunter from Philadelphia
-15 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item12/17/2020 11:31 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
15
comments
Do not be afraid! That is an order! Only kidding, Mike. The Bible tells those who are afraid to trust the Lord. And it also tells those who trust the Lord that they will not be afraid.

Little birds at a bird feeder are afraid. They take a peck and look round for danger. They take another peck and look round again for danger. And they do that continually. And the reason they do that is because there is danger.

Now just because the Welsh guv has announced that the situation in Wales is far worse now than it was earlier in the year, there is no need to fear. But there is a need to consider your ways.

When the Welsh do not consider their ways, the number of cases in Wales goes up and deaths ensue. And this will continue until the whole of Wales is wiped out and we are all dead.


News Item12/17/2020 11:18 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
Evangelical Feminism and Biblical Truth

(856 pages. This book complements the materials found in Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by providing detailed answers to multiple objections that were raised in the thirteen years of intensive discussion and debate from 1991 to 2004.)

Egalitarians, or evangelical feminists, consider men’s and women’s roles in the home and church to be interchangeable. In this helpful book, Bible scholar Wayne Grudem considers over a hundred egalitarian arguments and finds them contrary to the Bible. According to Grudem, the Bible teaches that God values men and women equally. However, their roles in home and church are complementary to each other, not interchangeable. Arguing against both feminism on the left and male chauvinism on the right, his carefully researched handbook is a valuable resource defending the complementarian viewpoint.

http://www.waynegrudem.com/evangelical-feminism-and-biblical-truth

It seems that hardly anyone knows anything about this subject, which is one of the reasons why women are these days acceptable in church office, as preachers and teachers, etc. with authority over the man. Strawman building and destroying will not change the facts.


News Item12/17/2020 9:55 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
6
comments
The words of Jesus are so revolutionary that it is inevitable that they will cut across the religious but unregenerate bodies. Even Christians find his teaching too radical for them, so they try to find a compromised church, where they can at least have the outward appearance of orthodoxy.

News Item12/17/2020 9:47 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
Frank wrote:
Yes brother, they were emancipated when there was no need to emancipate. I have heard many preachers say regarding how women were formed. They say something like: "notice it doesn't say they came from Adam's foot.
IMO, the church should be ashamed of itself for thinking that being submissive to their husbands as unto the Lord is some sort of put-down. And having gentle and quiet spirits is meant only when you enter a church. That is compartmentalizing sin.
Thank you brother, I wondered what that meant.

Yes, the more submitted we are to our head, the better it gets. And the more disobedient we are to our head, the worse it gets.

You would think that the human being would have sussed that out by now. But no, the sinful nature, even though it be defeated and has no dominion over the Christian, always seems to win this particular battle. Either that, or people are just not Christian, and are still servants of sin, incapable of serving the Lord in the way he has prescribed.


News Item12/16/2020 4:51 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
Mike wrote:
Not arguing for the sake of argument, John, but for clarity. It was Adam’s sin, not Eve’s that got them kicked out of the garden. It is Adam’s sin that brought death on the earth, and it was Adam, not Eve who was held responsible, because Eve was deceived, and Adam wasn’t. It was for him to protect her, and he failed. Why? He was with her when she ate of the fruit. He listened to her instead of God and ate.
Thanks for the clarity, Mike. I'm glad some are still awake.

Yes, Eve is still being deceived, and Adam is still failing to protect her.


News Item12/16/2020 4:14 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
Frank wrote:
Brother, what a kind, loving and wise comment.
Bro, I'm sure it must grieve the Holy Spirit, to see the way in which women have gone, in the last 100 years or so. I am noticing it more and more these days, how God's plan for men and women has been subtly reversed, which just shows from where the movement came from in the first place. You are well versed in this subject, and I am seeking to catch up, bit by bit, lest I myself become a man who is disappointing to God in this area.

News Item12/16/2020 4:09 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
27
comments
Adriel wrote:
Aaaaargh!!
The end IS nigh!!

Tell everybody Christ Jesus is coming soon!!

Amen and Amen, Adriel.

To the regenerate it will be an encouragement, and to the unregenerate it may stimulate them, if the Spirit permits, by way of calling them to repentance and to receive the Lord Jesus Christ.

Some of the scripture involved in mine own conversion was this text:-

Revelation 6:15-17 KJV
(15)  And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
(16)  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
(17)  For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?


News Item12/16/2020 4:01 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your response John. So Daniel should have jot gone along with Nebuchadnezzars decree at the end of chapter 4 of Daniel? or Darius decree in chapter 6? The Jews should not have returned to their land by decree of Cyrus? Mordecai should not have made a decrre in Esther?
An addressing your statement ygat they should not join in a march.
What did our Lord say, he that is not with us is against us. I would agree thus is not a Christian endeavor
Brother, I am not about to disagree with your points, which are perfectly valid, and would surely be useful in another argument.

But my whole argument is that behind all these marches is not the will of God or the Spirit of God, but the Ecumenical Movement, with which I will have no truck. Christians need to realise that joining together with churches which deny the gospel are opening up themselves to evil forces which are determined to destroy the gospel of Jesus Christ, by the simple method of watering it down until there is nothing left but water.


News Item12/16/2020 12:18 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
The right to peaceably assemble was unknown during the time of the writing of the Scriptures, so to say it is not warranted in Scripture is meaningless, it was unknown.
This is about taking a stand for the lives of the innocent and against murder, if you cannot find that warranted in Scripture, please go back and read your Bible again.
I disagree Bro US, I find no warrant for Christians to join with non-Christians or nominal Christians in order to enforce law on others or change minds (get people to repent of their sins). As I see it, that is going against God.

However, as a believer in freedom of speech, I am very glad you posted that, because you too believe in freedom of speech, and you exercised that right and posted what you did. And I encourage you to continue to do so, as it stimulates thought and may help others to arrive at the truth, whatever the truth is on a particular matter.


News Item12/16/2020 12:08 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
Frank wrote:
Yes brother, the feminist movement is from the god of this world. The great whore term obviously stems from and refers to this movement. There is nothing that can be done about it, but that doesn’t mean we should support or promote it like some men do on this forum. Men are primarily responsible for this movement and that would include me. Jezebels need them and they can easily get them. All they have to do is say good post brother.
The below verse is often forgotten and leads to compromise.
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Yes indeed, Frank. When the Lord made woman he made something quite remarkable, and he is to be praised for it. Her role in life was set, and for a while she took that role, and all was well in the garden. She was a help for the man, and he appreciated her. There was no aggravation, no arguments, no usurping of the authority of the man. It was clear what God's plan was, and in the relationship God had with his people, all was well, and all was good.

Until she sinned.

And women ever since have been trying to get right away from their God-given role, and live a life of their own choosing, often including the teaching of men.


News Item12/16/2020 4:48 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Romans 1:17
"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed,.... By "the righteousness of God", is not meant the essential righteousness of God, the rectitude of his nature, his righteousness in fulfilling his promises, and his punitive justice, which though revealed in the Gospel, yet not peculiar to it; nor the righteousness by which Christ himself is righteous, either as God, or as Mediator; but that righteousness which he wrought out by obeying the precepts, and bearing the penalty of the law in the room of his people, and by which they are justified in the sight of God: and this is called "the righteousness of God", in opposition to the righteousness of men: and because it justifies men in the sight of God; and because of the concern which Jehovah, Father, Son, and Spirit, have in it. Jehovah the Father sent his Son to work it out, and being wrought out, he approves and accepts of it, and imputes it to his elect: Jehovah the Son is the author of it by his obedience and death; and Jehovah the Spirit discovers it to sinners, works faith in them to lay hold upon it, and pronounces the sentence of justification by it in their consciences." John Gill

See 1689 Baptist Confession - chapter 11


News Item12/16/2020 2:57 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
March for Life, March for Jesus, this sort of March, that sort of March, none of them has a biblical warrant, and the Lord observes the ecumenical participants who have not in mind any other thing than increasing the power of the Ecumenical Movement by getting nominal Christians to join together in a sort of united way, under a sort of common denominator, in which you are unlikely to find the gospel which tells sinners of their guilt before God, their destination of hell, and their need to repent of their sins and see in Jesus Christ a wonderful Saviour, willing and able to save them from the power and consequences of their sins, and give them a new birth and a new heart and a godly sorrow over their sins, which thing leads to repentance and a new direction in life, under the headship of the Lord Jesus, following him for the rest of their life, being preserved by the Spirit that they may persevere in the faith, all of which the Lord is praised and exalted for his great grace and mercy, showing that he is well able to make a sinner holy, and keep him holy in this dark world.

News Item12/16/2020 2:44 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]

News Item12/16/2020 2:36 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
It never fails to encourage me when I see in the news the very things that the Lord Jesus Christ prophesied would occur before his second advent.

The coming of the Lord draws near, the time is at hand. This daily routine will cease, and God will show who are his true servants and who are charlatans and deceivers. It is a fact that those who do not love the brethren have not yet passed from death unto life, they are still in their sins.

"We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren."

"Ye must be born again."


News Item12/15/2020 6:08 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
49
comments
In the world there will always be those who are obedient to God and there will be those who are disobedient to God. There will be some who are partially obedient to God and there will be some who are partially disobedient to God. There will be some who are very obedient to God, and there will be some who are barely obedient to God. Every human being without Christ will be disobedient to God by their nature. Every human being who has Christ will have a mixture of obedience and disobedience, because of the remnant of the sinful nature and the indwelling of the Spirit of Christ which war against one another within, and there is a big battle raging. Some Christians win some battles, others win more battles, some seem to win nearly every battle. Some Christians lose many battles, others lose not so many battles, and yet others seem to lose hardly any battles. Some seem to wish to lay down and die, like Mr Ready-To-Halt, others are larger than life, like Mr Valiant-For-Truth.

It is a cause of great rejoicing to me that justification is by faith alone in Christ alone, where even the faith is a gift of God, authored by Jesus Christ himself, out of his great love for his people.


News Item12/15/2020 5:35 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
3
comments
I am living in an interesting period of history, in the country known as Wales, sometimes known as God's Acre. And many people here still speak Welsh which they call God's language, and some of them refer to hearing angels singing, in Welsh of course. My guess is that the great revival in 1904-5 caused some of this, when God drew near to earth, and brought thousands into a fear of God experience, simply by his being there and manifesting his presence.

Today, over a hundred years later, there is nothing left. Churches have backslidden away, individuals have backslidden away, and God is noticeable by his absence in assemblies and church services. This has led to all sorts of man made practices in the church context, with by far the majority of genuine Christians trying to get their joy from broken cisterns rather than have the simple but effective joy of the Lord.

In many chapels across my county, if a gospel preacher is invited to come preach, his message will either be censured, and he will not be invited again, or his message will be ignored and commended with a sickly smile from the church secretary.

Apart from a small remnant, Christianity is finished here in Wales. The only reason I can see that, is because my eyes are open.


News Item12/15/2020 5:20 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
77
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
SA has shown Jim L and many of us an incredible amount of grace. We live in a "cancel culture" in which we can no longer tolerate opposing views in the public or private fora (forums?). While I vehemently disapprove of Jim's politics and his god, "thank you" to SA for not just jettisoning posters like happens on Facebook, Twitter, and many other places. Great example!
Instead, they have shown Jim grace, that same grace the Lord has shown us thru the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Quiet Brother, I cannot turn in without commending you for this post, which I read several times. The grace of God found in the Bible is solely for his enemies - not all of them but for those whom the Father covenanted with his Son to save, and for whom Christ has died specifically.

Of course it is only God who knows who these elect souls are. It is not our work on earth to save the elect. It is our work to preach the gospel to every creature, and through that means, God will save his elect. Thusly it becomes us to be gracious to all, as God has been gracious to us.

Your post made me imagine what it would be like if communists ran the forum. Sure JL's posts would be removed, along with all the others.


News Item12/15/2020 8:30 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
68
comments
1 Corinthians 15:21-22 NLT
"So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life."

There is no avoiding the headship. If you avoid the headship of Adam, you also must avoid the headship of Christ. Federalism divides all men into one of two camps: Adam's camp and Christ's camp. And we are either in Adam or we are in Christ. There is no fence sitting with this basic of all doctrines. Is Adam your head or is Christ your head?

Is the subject difficult? Why not begin here and study up on it until you get it. I guarantee that when you get it, you will become more joyful, more worshipful, more zealous, more content, more assured. And you will never ever consider anything you have done contributes any merit regarding your salvation. The federal headship of Adam or Christ discounts that as a possibility. Just as Adam is separate from you in the matter of your being dead in sins and will die twice more in the future, so Christ is separate from you in the matter of your being accounted righteous (justified) and will live for ever in the power of an endless life.

http://www.1689federalism.com/


News Item12/15/2020 6:14 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
68
comments
Romans 5:12-14 NLT
"When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break. Still, everyone died—from the time of Adam to the time of Moses—even those who did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is a symbol, a representation of Christ, who was yet to come."

Roman 5:16-18 NLT
"And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ. Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone."

If you deny Adam's sin bringing condemnation to all, you deny Christ's righteousness as the means of reconciliation between sinners and God.


News Item12/15/2020 4:47 AM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
68
comments
Lurker wrote:
Here's what you are overlooking:
Rom 5:13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Imputation of sin by the law. Paul (along with all the Jews) was brought "under the law" on Damascus Road.
Lurker, you say you want me to answer your text and point you make, but it will be impossible to do so without referring to imputed sin on all before the law came (Sinai), even death upon all who did not sin according to Adam's sin (so in that sense were born innocent) in the very next verse. So why did they die, if the wages of sin is death? Simply because of Adam's sin imputed to them. They inherited it. They were there in the garden. Sin is the only cause of death. They had not sinned. Therefore you are only left with Adam's sin imputed to them. And that is what happened. And Adam's sin imputed to all means that all die. The Bible even says that, it is plain teaching.

As for the expression 'under the law'. Baby boys who were born under the law were circumcised at eight days old. Saul of Tarsus was circumcised when he was eight days old. Therefore.....Therefore......

Therefore......Yes? No? Yes? Of course:

Saul of Tarsus was born under the law.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Andrew Quigley
Church Infighting - The Cause!

The Christian's Trials
Sunday - PM
Ottawa Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06


Sponsor:
Leading a Post-COVID Church

Free eBook by Thom Rainer - A Past­or's Guide to Min­istry Chall­enges & Opp­ort­un­it­ies
https://churchanswers.com/l..

Sermon: Good Friday - Christ's Free..
Martin T. Geehan




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2021 SermonAudio.