Welcome to our spot on sermonaudio.com | edit page
The Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church was established in 1855 and met in a brush arbor and log house. As membership increased, a larger church building was erected. In 1876, John R. Moore donated three acres of land for church and cemetery purposes. The first recorded burial was that of Henry Nixon in 1879. State representative George Turner Hinson is also buried here, as are veterans of several wars. A new church was erected in 1947, and a fellowship hall was added in 1977. The church and cemetery continue to serve the community as they have for more than a century.