Fellowship Baptist Church Coney Island | SermonAudio

718-372-5022
Fellowship Baptist Church Coney Island
2929 W20 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11224
MyChurch: pastorrubino | Set
Jeffrey from New York City
Robert Rubino | What's Wrong With You People?

Sermon9/29/2021 5:58 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Don't Make Stuff Up!
“ Don't Make Things Up ”
Should these two verses still be enforced in our society? Any exceptions? " 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11: 14-15/

Sermon9/27/2021 3:09 PM
Cynthia from Pittsburgh  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cynthia
The Curse Of Polygamy
Robert Rubino
Good teaching. Perspective is spot-on. I hardly ever hearOld Testament teachings anymore, This is rich

Sermon5/30/2021 7:35 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Historical Ignorance
Robert Rubino
“ Profound and Challenging! ”
Wonderful expression linking Christ, recovery from our abysmal apostasies rampant in culture and church, OT experience of the Jewish people, and the importance of providing more historical context for the living. He also alludes to the corporatist a-historical mentality that has grown so much since the 1950's -- where, instead of people having roots, we increasingly define ourselves within the context of consumerism (e.g., by the things we buy and have) rather than by the struggles and beliefs of our ancestors as they struggled to live and to be with God and man.

Sermon5/14/2021 4:40 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Nice Guys Finish Last
comments
We are to be faithful followers of Christ, and that means being obedient. We are not to "water down" the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus, but to live them out to their fullest come what may.

Sermon5/14/2021 4:38 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Nice Guys Finish Last
Robert Rubino
comments
“ We Must Be Men and Woman Who Are Faithful!! ”
Yes, we must first and foremost be seen as faithful, and not be "nice" just to get what we want from others. It is an unequivocal call for obedience, but it is not a legalistic message.

Sermon4/22/2021 6:31 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Shut Up and Learn Something
Robert Rubino
“ It's Never Too Late..... ”
I was greatly encouraged listening to this sermon. Peter changed from sleeping to a man of power and faith. He matured. Ptr. Rubino brings this out powerfully towards the end of the sermon. He rails against "soft Christians." The church today is full of soft Christians and pastors who lack knowledge of the Word as well as knowledge of history. He mentions the human sacrifices of Marcus Aurelius. Just his mention of Marcus Aurelius encourages me since I am a philosophy professor, and never hear Aurelius' name mentioned in any church in 32 years. But I did not know that he was involved in any human sacrifices. This helps reveal the deep moral significance of our Christian faith and the Word of God. The sermon brings moral issues alive. I wrote a letter to my daughter and her boyfriend which letter has been put off for too long. I need to move out of the baby Christian frame of mind which I have been in even though I convinced myself that while teaching in public high school for 21 years that I was a "bold witness." It was only bold by comparison with the lackadaisical effeminate witness with which I had been acquainted. I need to embrace Christ even more deeply. After listening to this sermon I feel it is possible even though I am of an advanced age.

Sermon4/22/2021 3:39 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
We Are Making Up Sins
Robert Rubino
Ptr. Rubino reminds us not to make up sins, especially sins about wealth or poverty or about depression. We can overcome depression or fear through Christ, but in themselves fear and depression are not sins. We might be afraid for example when we see the outpouring of hate as we stand for Christ. But we then overcome that fear through the power of the Holy Ghost. He is constant in His love, and is there to renew us. Just today I heard on my car radio that New York is not going to treat prostitution as a crime. I fully intend to write letters to the editor of the local papers and to the mayor. This is an evil rule. Making money by selling one's body is clearly a sin. I feel a sense of fear writing to Mayor DiBlasio's office, but I am overcoming that fear. Bless you Ptr. Rubino.

Sermon4/22/2021 3:02 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
A Rock That Can Not Be Moved
Robert Rubino
“ A Profound and Deeply Moving Sermon ”
I first began reading the Bible seriously in 1971, and at that time was studying Jeremiah. Fifty years have passed, and the Lord allowed me to hear this sermon about Jeremiah. All the years in church (I'm a Jewish born again believer for 32 years), I have never heard one sermon on Jeremiah although he has always been my favorite prophet.This sermon has so much truth, so much love, and so much sensitivity that it is impossible for me to detail all its merits in this short space. But listening I see that I'm just beginning to understand the challenge of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the born again believer. I have meditated long and hard on the meaning of "Take up your Cross daily, deny yourself, and follow me," and have to the best of my ability in prayer and faith to follow Him. But this sermon is calling me, I believe, to a new level, a new depth, a new inspiration. I have sent the link out to others, and I listed some of the super-charged realities dealt with in the sermon on a sheet of paper on my desk.

Sermon4/22/2021 2:05 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
“ Important Insights About Fatherhood ”
Ptr. Rubino helped me see the verses about Caleb and his daughter more clearly than before. I did not see the significance or implications of these verses for understanding father/daughter relations more deeply and thus more Biblically. He focuses on what we can learn about fathers and daughters. Fathers should dearly love their daughters and continue to stand against their daughters being treated as used cars to be "test driven" in a series of promiscuous pre-marital "events." Of course, even women will see this "test driving" as part of their sexual liberation from male domination -- control by fathers and husbands who actually might value purity. Rubino does not use the words, I have just used, but his meaning along these lines really comes across. And the meaning is not only his meaning, but the Lord's meaning. Caleb wants his daughter to marry a brave man, a leader. Rubino uses the word "integrity." Fathers should want their daughters to marry men of integrity. Although Rubino does note define integrity, I think he would agree with me that a man of integrity says what he means, and means what he says. Additionally, and more importantly, his unyielding integrity is built upon the rock of Jesus Christ.Without this sermon I would not have properly understood these verses.

Sermon4/15/2021 8:01 PM
Louis Oliver from Henderson tn  Contact via emailFind all comments by Louis Oliver
I do appreciate your sermons

Sermon4/11/2021 2:03 PM
Jeffrey from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey
What's Wrong With You People?
Robert Rubino
“ Restoration of the Church Militant Begins Here!! ”
Pastor Rubino keeps pounding home a challenge to all of us to stand for Biblical truth. Even many Christians who go to church every week don't know that there is such a thing as Biblical Truth! He says repeatedly that we must follow the Full Gospel or the Fully Orbed Gospel. The connection between the ideas or principles of the Bible with real life as it is lived must be re-awakened. Re-awakening however does not mean revival. No, judgment is upon us. But we have to get through it as believers by faith, and then begin to rebuild. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Thank you pastor.

Sermon2/2/2021 7:13 PM
Steve Smith  Contact via emailFind all comments by Steve Smith
What Can I Do?

Sermon2/2/2021 6:35 PM
Ptr. Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Ptr. Jeff Ludwig
Don't Back Down!
Robert Rubino
“ A Call To Backbone For the Church ”
Ptr. Rubino makes a strong case for staying strong--the faith and fortitude that comes from rock solid commitment and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. "To as many as received Him, He gave the power to become children of God and to believe in His name." (John 1:11). Are we friends of God? Or are we fair weather friends living in the twilight zone of feel-goodism within our church families? We must firm. Persecutions will come. Can we take the heat? Even we attempt to evade persecution by caving we will still be persecuted. That's an irony that Ptr. Rubino points out that the fearful ones fail to understand. God bless you Ptr. Rubino. May the Lord give me the grace to stand firm in my witness!!

Sermon2/2/2021 5:34 PM
Ptr. Jeffrey Ludwig from New York  Find all comments by Ptr. Jeffrey Ludwig
“ A Message For Every Serious Christian ”
Pastor Rubino's message is a call to remain focused on our identities as Christians, as believers in Christ. Our identities as conservatives or libertarians, whatever, or even as U.S. citizens should be secondary. Rather, our identities as Christ-followers and as citizens of the Kingdom of God come first. He uses Christ's raising of Lazarus from the dead and the events preceding and surrounding that miracle to convey or communicate a deep understanding of what he has in mind. Although I strongly support the message and tone of this sermon, it is not an expository sermon which is what I typically expect. It is unusual and given all that happened after Jan. 6 with a second impeachment of the President, this sermon really is prophetic as PastorRubino warned his congregation that it would be wise not to go to Washington on Jan. 6. How right he was!! And his comments about the pro-homosexual utterances and actions of Pres. Trump should give all Christians pause as well as the behavior of Ivanka who is not a Christian role model. Thank you Ptr. Rubino for this profound and very timely message!

Sermon12/17/2020 2:23 AM
Mrs Jamie O’Connor from England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mrs Jamie O’Connor
Man-Up or Die!
Robert Rubino
“ Not your every day sermon! God honouring ! ”
Pastor Rubino puts things into a context many can relate to and shakes us out of ‘religiosity’. Many thanks to the Lord Jesus for raising up this man. May others follow likewise.

Sermon12/7/2020 6:27 PM
Peaches Edwards from Pittsburgh  Find all comments by Peaches Edwards
John Piper Made Trump!
Robert Rubino
comments
“ Greatly Encouraging! ”
Really encouraging to move forward with Christ leading us unto righteousness and righteous servanthood.

Sermon12/7/2020 4:54 PM
Nobody Here from Everywhere  Find all comments by Nobody Here
John Piper Made Trump!
comments
Everyone should listen to this sermon. Everyone. May God bless the true seeker of truth.

Sermon12/3/2020 6:36 AM
Dottie from Georgia  Find all comments by Dottie
John Piper Made Trump!
Robert Rubino
comments
“ Powerful ”
I was taken aback by the Pastor’s boldness here. Don’t get me wrong; I think he speaks truth. I am just not used to hearing the quiet part said out loud.

Sermon12/2/2020 11:58 AM
Dr. E. A. Johnston from Tampa, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by Dr. E. A. Johnston
John Piper Made Trump!
comments
Thank you Pastor Rubino for a rousing message on routing out the false teachers in our midst who have deceived this present generation of biblically ignorant congregations who cannot discern between their right hand or their left. Unfortunately, I heard many popular Baptist pastors quote these heretics and by doing so lend credence to their ministries, but by doing so only end up undermining their own. Keep on preaching the truth my brother!

Sermon11/24/2020 2:41 PM
The End of The World, Again?
“ Thanks ”
Your sermons have helped me during this time. We are a small church that meets in homes. sovereign grace independent ministry Baptist church

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dr. Stephen Kim
Blasphemy Against The Holy..

Mark 3:20-35
Mustard Seed Church

Hourly: From the Midst of the Fire
Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
10th - Tenth Presbyterian

Steve Bradley
Threefold Use of the Moral Law

Trinity Reformed Presbyterian

Sermon: The Inspiration of The Bible..

Podcasting New!