The Journey: Making the Most of the Rest of Your Life!
â€śWhen Life Throws You A Curveâ€ť
Big Idea: Developing a proper perspective on adversity.
Life Interrupted (vs. 12â€“20)
- Imprisonment (vs. 12â€“14)
- The outcome:
- The Gospel advanced. - The courage of others is increased.
- Harassment (vs. 15â€“20)
- The outcome:
- Christ is proclaimed. - Hope is explained.
Life Interpreted (vs. 21â€“25)
- His Choice
- Personal - â€śfor to meâ€ť - Purposeful - â€śisâ€ť - Providential - â€śto die is gainâ€ť
- His conflict (vs. 22-26)
- His conclusion (vs. 27â€“30)
1. What was a time in your life or the life of someone close to you when good came from adversity?
2. When people are in a life and death crisis like Paul, they are sometimes better able to focus on what is really important. What was Paul's focus? With all of life's demands, how do you sort out what is really important?
3. What did Paul mean by â€śfor to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gainâ€ť?
4. Pray for others and yourself in the struggles you are currently facing. Pray that God will help you to keep a clear conscience, a courageous testimony and a Christ-centered focus.
Rick Baldwin began his ministry at Wildwood Baptist Church on Sunday, March 6, 2005. He has a passionate love for God and people, and is a powerful communicator of the Word of God. Pastor Rick received his Bachelor of Ministry from Luther Rice Seminary in 1981. He accepted his...