1. Unless we understand the relationship that the Law relates to the gospel, we cannot understand what the gospel actually is.
2. The biblical testimony of the Law is that it requires of sinners what they are not able to do. Although the Law is holy, righteous and good, that is the bad news for the sinner. *The goodness of the Law is terrible news to one who can't keep it and that means everyone born in Adam.*
3. The Law, thus stands between the sinner and salvation, until something is done for the sinner by someone who is able to make satisfaction. The Law is not something that you do to honor God and be accepted on that basis, it is false religion, even if it comes under the guise of Christianity.
4. Anyone who tries to approach God on the basis of their own law keeping is going to be condemned, because without satisfaction of the Law for the sinner there is no amount of doing that pleases God. *The justice of God has to be satisfied for the sinner or else the wrath of God abides on them*.
5. Please take time to hear the gospel testimony in the story of Joseph as he went back to Laban, his uncle, to find a bride‚Ä¶
Great Sermon! I am on my second time listening to this fantastic sermon and loved it even more. I'm sure that no matter how many times I listen, I will find more nuggets that bless me and draw me closer to Christ.
Please listen for it is so informative and Pastor's gift from the Holy Spirit will bless God's chosen people.