1. The family of Joseph has now arrived in Egypt into which they were led by Judah that *he may show them the way to Goshen*-a gospel testimony expounded.
2. Two tales of salvation told-salvation by grace alone-as exemplified by the family of Jacob getting blessed of Pharaoh and being settled in the best land in Egypt (Goshen) and the second part-what becomes of those who seek to salvation by the works of their own hands.
3. But the family of Jacob was not blessed because they deserved it. No, rather, they were blessed on account of another. They were blessed on account of Joseph who earned his position with Pharaoh because of his God given wisdom by which he had saved the whole nation from starvation.
4. On the B side we have the testimony of the Egyptians and the Canaanites-who at the height of the famine ended up getting stripped of everything they owned just so that they could eke out a living.
5. And this the picture of one who is under the Law, trying to buy salvation by the works of their own hands. The result of which is that they get stripped of whatever they have. If anything, this in keeping with what the Lord Jesus said, *'For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."* The family of Joseph had more given to them and yet freely. The Egyptians had what they had taken away until they sold themselves into slavery to Pharaoh.
6. This is a most wonderful gospel testimony and should be a blessing to any who seek to know God's way of salvation.