Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -20 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | United Prayer | SA Center | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  8/4/2021
MONDAY, JUL 20, 2015  |  56 comments
Confederate flag demand has Alabama company 'absolutely swamped'
When the controversy over the Confederate flag erupted last month, the owner of a Huntsville flag company said her business would make the flags even if no one else would.

And that's apparently what's happened.

"I'm not aware of another company in the United States making these flags," said Belinda Kennedy, owner of Alabama Flag & Banner, in an interview Thursday with AL.com.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.al.com
COMMENTS  locked  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 56 user comment(s)
News ItemSystem Notice
SermonAudio.com
This forum thread has been closed by SermonAudio.
No further comments are permitted for this news item.

News Item7/23/15 8:07 PM
pennned  Find all comments by pennned
John for JESUS wrote:
It would perturb me if God reinstated slavery.
that's where cultural cleansing leads.
56

News Item7/23/15 7:11 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
It would perturb me if God reinstated the Confederacy and slavery. Ex sinners having been forgiven won't bother me, because that will be everyone who is there but Jesus. Though I find it hard to believe those men in charge of a rebellion against decency would be saved. Did they not have the Holy Spirit?! I do think the Civil War was about the wealthy who owned slaves because very few people actually owned other people. Even Southerners had the sense to know slavery was wrong and a lot of the ones who would have liked slaves couldn't afford them.
55

News Item7/23/15 9:18 AM
pennnned  Find all comments by pennnned
John for JESUS wrote:
kjg...
Yeah, the Union soldiers were a bunch of rapest, sure. I guess your argument is slavery is okay because of rape?!
nope, but its realistic.

the more I study this, the more I'm convinced the spirit of the endtime new order was on their movement (the Northern bankers). I believe slavery was a thorn in the south that kept them from winning. but the great majority were not slave owners, and the slave owners brought down the value of the honest man's work by pushing slaves into the market. its an economy of unequal balances based on the thievery of some. so what is it these poor farmers were fighting for?

well....why is it ron paul goes before congress and tries to reinstate state jurisdiction over abortion crimes????

to save the babies lives from those who come and take power to kill and destroy.

in our system states rhgts and indvl freedoms have been linked, because the usurpers take the first to grab the second for monopoly power.

54

News Item7/23/15 8:47 AM
kjg | Amerika  Find all comments by kjg
@John for Jesus

I don't know their motives, only God knows. And His Judgement overrides yours. And as I said earlier, ALL men's deeds are filthy rags, including Abe Lincoln. If Jefferson Davis or Stonewall Jackson is in the Kingdom of Heaven, is this going to perturb you and shun them?

53

News Item7/23/15 8:26 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
To say one state had the moral high ground on an issue doesn't make it perfect. We can agree on one thing then, that the Confederacy was as filthy rags to God and is long gone. So why in the world would a Christian support it's use by the state?
52

News Item7/23/15 7:27 AM
kjg | Amerika  Find all comments by kjg
@ no idols from state

Amen, brother, to James 4!

51

News Item7/23/15 7:10 AM
kjg | Amerika  Find all comments by kjg
@John for Jesus

Whenever someone says that a man-made state/political entity has the moral high ground, it reminds me of Isaiah 64 of men's righteous deeds as filthy rags. Violence and murder are a stench to God regardless which opposing side committed them. Each country/nation has its sinful baggage. You might be disappointed not to find the US Federal Government in the Kingdom of God. As for the Confederacy, is dead and buried along with its issue slavery. Why don't we all move on fight slavery that exists today that is found in the sex trafficking or economic cronyism found in plutocracy.

50

News Item7/23/15 6:34 AM
No Idols | State  Find all comments by No Idols
From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. ... James 4.

applied then& now the sinners benefit from the humility that their side is not perfect either & needs cleansing by the Blood of the Lamb.

49

News Item7/23/15 6:12 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
kjg...

Yeah, the Union soldiers were a bunch of rapest, sure. I guess your argument is slavery is okay because of rape?!

48

News Item7/23/15 12:01 AM
kjg | Amerika  Find all comments by kjg
@ John for Jesus

30,000 Union soldiers died in Confedrate POW camps. 26,000 Confederate soldiers died Union POW camps. Since you are a Northern transplant living in the South, you do not comprehend how some Southerners hated the Federal troops who pillaged farms and raped not only white women but also black women. Historians have documented this from government records.

47

News Item7/22/15 7:46 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
I know the United States isn't perfect, but it's the country God has placed me in and I can appreciate it's founding principles unlike the Confederacy's. The Union had the moral high ground because it wasn't trying to divide the country that God brought together and they wanted to put a stop to slavery. Ew, how immoral! Just because it was hard to do and many people died, and the Union prisoners were treated horribly by the Confederates, doesn't mean God didn't support the United States. When laws are made to support abortion, people that respect the Constitution understand that the laws are unconstitutional. When the Conderate States practiced slavery and rebellion, it was endorsed by their "government".
46

News Item7/22/15 6:56 PM
pennned  Find all comments by pennned
John for Jesus, the federal gov has legalized the slaughter of the unborn through Roe v Wade. Ron Paul introduced legislation when he was in congress that would have moved the jurisdiction for this back to state courts.

what say you?

move it back to the states where abortionists can be prosecuted and where children's rights can be represented or keep the jurisdiction in the hands of the judges who created law out of thin air?

45

News Item7/22/15 4:27 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John for JESUS wrote:
Mike...
I wonder if Joshua complained this much about Egypt or Daniel about Babylon? It seems to me they were thankful for where God placed them. Even though those nations were not perfect. You seem sad because slavery no longer exists and try to point out all of the flaws of your own country in order to equivicate. There is no going back to those days, let it go and be glad for what you have today.
No, not at all sad because that form of slavery no longer exists. It should never have been. But no one should willingly be taken in by the history rewrite. Just trying to get you to see how little difference there is regardless of who is in charge. Your saying God favored the North because of its moral superiority simply isn't true. If you're happy with what our country has become, and think we should be grateful for it, now that is what's sad.

Slavery still exists, btw.

2 Peter 2:19
"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

I think you might be able to name many forms of bondage today.

44

News Item7/22/15 4:03 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Mike...
I wonder if Joshua complained this much about Egypt or Daniel about Babylon? It seems to me they were thankful for where God placed them. Even though those nations were not perfect. You seem sad because slavery no longer exists and try to point out all of the flaws of your own country in order to equivicate. There is no going back to those days, let it go and be glad for what you have today.
43

News Item7/22/15 11:33 AM
Wayfairer pilgrim | Lubbock,tx  Find all comments by Wayfairer pilgrim
The victors became the perpetual enslaver of poor minorities, the killer of the unborn, the destroyer of sovereignty of states citizenry and the perpetrator of a secular faith. And in truth, the economy of Babylon.
42

News Item7/22/15 11:07 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John for JESUS wrote:
The Constitution makes it clear that Congress must vote on territory that belongs to the U.S. The new States that were made were the Confederate States. Anyways, do any of you really believe that it was a commendable thing to leave the union over the right to own another person? Not only that, but the slaves weren't even considered human enough to vote! That's the side you are tying your horses to? Lol. When God judges the nations, how do you thing the Confederacy will fair? Does anybody really believe it will rise again? Israel lasted and has lasted a whole lot longer. The Confederacy couldn't even squeeze out a decade of exhistance. What "country" has ever lasted that short of time?
The US government never owned the States, nor were the Confed states new ones. Where did those ideas come from?

Is the US favorable in God's eyes today? Is our fat government, which began overeating in the 1860's, favorable? Was God really on the side of the North, as you believe, considering the North had more casualties than the South? When the newly empowered national gov, after that "civil" war, moved west to move the aboriginal nations out of their lands, did God see that favorably? Why or why not?

41

News Item7/22/15 10:20 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
The Constitution makes it clear that Congress must vote on territory that belongs to the U.S. The new States that were made were the Confederate States. Anyways, do any of you really believe that it was a commendable thing to leave the union over the right to own another person? Not only that, but the slaves weren't even considered human enough to vote! That's the side you are tying your horses to? Lol. When God judges the nations, how do you thing the Confederacy will fair? Does anybody really believe it will rise again? Israel lasted and has lasted a whole lot longer. The Confederacy couldn't even squeeze out a decade of exhistance. What "country" has ever lasted that short of time?
40

News Item7/21/15 7:00 PM
no idols | state  Find all comments by no idols
[URL=http://www.bonniebluepublishing.com/the%20right%20of%20secession.htm]]]right of secession: History & quotes[/URL]
, Chief Justice John Marshall, in Gibbons v. Ogden wrote that "limitations of a power furnish a strong argument in favor of the existence of that power. . . . He concludes:

What would have been the point of the foregoing proposed amendments to the Constitution of the United States prohibiting or limiting the right of secession if under the Constitution the unfettered right of secession did not already exist? Why would Congress have even considered proposed amendments to the Constitution forbidding or restricting the right of secession if any such right was already prohibited, limited or non-existent under the Constitution?

Morse goes on to discuss the conditional ratification of the Constitution by three of the original thirteen states, which carefully reserved the right of secession. They were Virginia, New York, and Rhode Island. Virginia used the exact wording of her conditional ratification of the U.S. Constitution, in her Ordinance of Secession.
----
The right to leave does NOT mean it was right to leave- just like the right to divorce doesn't mean it is always right to divorce.

Sinful lusts led to war. Js4:1-3

39

News Item7/21/15 4:15 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John for JESUS wrote:
Mike...
Yes. Article 4 Section 3 days:
New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.
Ok then. What new State was formed within the jurisdiction of any other State? What new State was formed by the junction of two or more States? The Union was not a State, nor the Confederacy. No new States were formed. Unless of course you mean West Virginia, which was formed within the jurisdiction of the State of Virginia, because the folks in the west end of Virginia favored the Union. So the clause you posted was ignored by the Union, wasn't it?
38

News Item7/21/15 3:37 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Mike...

Yes. Article 4 Section 3 days:
New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

37
There are a total of 56 user comments displayedSubscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last



Dr. Curt D. Daniel
7 Things Not in Heaven

Pulpit Supply 2019
Sunday - AM
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06

Dr. James M. Phillips
The Face of Death

Dr. Jim on Mission Field
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sponsor:
Theology- How Deep Will You Go?

The Bible has power and truth like no other book. Would you like to really dig in?
https://veritasschool.life

Sponsor:
Theological Lessons for Every Believer

God gave the depths of his Word for all bel­iev­ers! Let's go deep
https://veritasschool.life

Sponsor:
How Deep Can You Go?
https://veritasschool.life

SPONSOR | 6,700+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
TECH TALKS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Podcasting New!
Listen Line New!
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2021 SermonAudio.