Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
483

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -19 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | The Vault | United Prayer | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  5/18/2022
SUNDAY, FEB 8, 2015  |  26 comments
NASCAR's Darrell Waltrip :'You're Going to Hell If You Don't Know Jesus'
Darrell Waltrip, a three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, shared how he became a follower of Jesus, telling the audience at the National Prayer Breakfast, which included President Obama and the Dalai Lama, "If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior … you are going to hell ... good guys go to hell."

"Speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast is the biggest thing I've ever done, the most influential audience I've ever addressed and the most important speech I've ever given," the keynote speaker and hall-of-famer Waltrip said. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com
COMMENTS  locked  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 26 user comment(s)
News ItemSystem Notice
SermonAudio.com
This forum thread has been closed by SermonAudio.
No further comments are permitted for this news item.

News Item2/12/15 4:10 PM
s c | Oh  Find all comments by s c
Waltrip did have a very moving testimony. It could probably resonate with most of us who know the Lord.
I'm not sure that using the terms "good guy or good gal" was a good idea even though the conclusion was correct...as I'm guessing that most who consider themselves "good" would probably dismiss the statement.Only humble and broken people would be moved by such a statement. We,of course, know that there are none who are/do good.
I could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing the Word of God/Scripture in his speech. Though quite emotionally stirring...it is always the Word of God by which faith comes.
Please correct me if I am wrong as far as the lack of Scripture used.
He did seem very sincere and I was very happy that the President,particularly, had an opportunity to hear such a powerful testimony.
26

News Item2/11/15 2:45 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Ok my thoughts on another post must be out of bounds, so WELCOME BACK John UK!!
Christopher000 wrote:
Welcome back, John.
Thank you brothers! And any others I might have missed.
25

News Item2/11/15 12:21 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Hey Pilgrim! The millennium is indeed a difficult subject and I don’t have all the answers or even most of them. I am a strong believer in the post-trib rapture and I also believe that after the rapture, Christ will reign on earth for a thousand years. But, I will be the first to admit that his thousand year reign is difficult to comprehend or explain, but scripture does in fact teach it; some say figuratively, but nonetheless, it is there. The only thing I will argue is the rapture, but I think I am going to perhaps study some on the millennium and see where it takes me. Hope you are well rested from your hiatus and welcome back.
Thank you bro, I'm good. LTRU

Yes, the post tribulation rapture, where rapture is the catching up of the saints after their resurrection, followed by catching up of living believers, followed by the general judgment, followed by eternity. Well that's IMHO.

24

News Item2/11/15 10:46 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Berford H wrote:
...
Only asking UnpS
still awaiting proof for your assertion that Mike or premills say Christians don't have eternal life. You have yet to bring one up. You have made the statement that Mike or premills don't believe in eternal life (but that it ends after 1000 years) for Christians. Either retract the statement or prove it to be true. Not your reasoning, actual proof that they have stated that eternal life is not for believers, just a millennium. Thank you.

MS yes, it was a blessing to see DW speak the truth to all gathered.

23

News Item2/11/15 10:31 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Find all comments by Michael Hranek
Berford H wrote:
1. In the Word of God we are promised eternal life as you know. Why then has this been reduced to 1000 years?
Berford H
As gently and respectfully as I might
While it might seem to you that your questions are logical

It is nevertheless not logical to ask questions that begin with a flawed or worse dishonest premise, in this case PreMills have reduced eternal life to 1000 years, this is as politely as I might, nonsense
(note this well: it is pretty much safe to say Pre-Mills take the word of God literally, meaning literal where literal and figurative where figurative _ allegorical or spiritualized interpretations often lead into flawed premises)

So now I have a question for you

Have you watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHfJpmcX7Y
Darrell Waltrip remarks at National Prayer Breakfast

Was it a blessing to you?
Is it something you can thank God for?
Or have you watched it, and please forgive me for asking because all of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, only so you could find fault?

Let us know as this thread might better serve the people of God, those genuinely saved to learn from this what our Lord and Savior would have us take note of and by His grace be better witnesses

22

News Item2/11/15 10:30 AM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Meanwhile...back to this article.
What a glorious and courageous testimony before world muckymucks.
Mr. Walltripp certainly did take the opportunity and occasion to speak a word in season....
21

News Item2/11/15 10:12 AM
Berford H  Find all comments by Berford H
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
challenging the straw man here.
My questions are genuine Unprofitable Servant. I'm sorry you feel upset by the questions. I meant no harm.

I don't know if you are a PreMill or not, but it seems logical to ask the questions.

1. In the Word of God we are promised eternal life as you know. Why then has this been reduced to 1000 years?
2. What happens to the Christians during this 1000 year period and afterwards?
3. Does the PreMill theory contend that God's promise of eternal life is revoked, annulled?
4. What additional research or analysis does God need to undertake of His elect, during this 1000 years, which God found wanting in the current period of time?
4.B. Is the 1000 years extra to this lifetime - Or part of eternal life?
5. Does this additional 1000 years of study by the Lord teach us that He is not as omniscient as we first thought?
6. If the Christians pass the first test of this current period of time - Can we fail the second 1000 year period?
7. Is Heaven, where we ultimately go to be with the Lord, after the 1000 years or during the 1000 years? And again is this promise of Heaven changed by this second period of research?

Only asking UnpS

20

News Item2/11/15 6:34 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Thanks Mike. You are right that there is no end to it, and it should never be a cause of severing friendships or casting off others as an unclean thing. All of us will know the truth in an instant when the Lord Jesus comes visibly in the air with a great shout and the sound of a trumpet, with every eye seeing him, and unbelievers mourning because of him, but the believers lifting up their heads as their Saviour calls them onwards and upwards.
Hey Pilgrim! The millennium is indeed a difficult subject and I don’t have all the answers or even most of them. I am a strong believer in the post-trib rapture and I also believe that after the rapture, Christ will reign on earth for a thousand years. But, I will be the first to admit that his thousand year reign is difficult to comprehend or explain, but scripture does in fact teach it; some say figuratively, but nonetheless, it is there. The only thing I will argue is the rapture, but I think I am going to perhaps study some on the millennium and see where it takes me. Hope you are well rested from your hiatus and welcome back.
19

News Item2/11/15 4:41 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Me too. I don't spend much time talking about it, as there is no end to it. But if some wish to stay behind, maybe they can get a special dispensation.
A comment on yours: The a-mil(not-mil) by def says there is no 1000 yr. mil reign. The premil doesn't say the church age fails, but that it ends.
Thanks Mike. You are right that there is no end to it, and it should never be a cause of severing friendships or casting off others as an unclean thing. All of us will know the truth in an instant when the Lord Jesus comes visibly in the air with a great shout and the sound of a trumpet, with every eye seeing him, and unbelievers mourning because of him, but the believers lifting up their heads as their Saviour calls them onwards and upwards.

It's a shame there is no better word than a-mil, because the 1000 year reign is certainly believed in, and we're nearing the end of it.

Maybe it was C I Scofield who formulated the idea that God's dispensations failed every time because men got it wrong, and that the "church age" follows the same route, going apostate in general. I know I heard it somewhere.

18

News Item2/10/15 11:14 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Berford H wrote:
Mike how come you PreMills promise a 1000 years whereas the Bible promises eternal life?
Also what happens during and after the 1000 years to the Christians?
Eternal length of time:-
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have ETERNAL life.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is ETERNAL life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 17:3 And this is ETERNAL life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into ETERNAL life.”
challenging the straw man here. Please be so kind as to show where in any post on any thread the good brother Mike from NY ever said Christians do not have eternal life? Where he said Christians only have 1000 years? In fact, because you lumped it as a premill doctrine, bring us a quote from a premill that states that Christians don't have eternal life, it only last 1,000 years.

Not wishing a debate on millinealism, just proof for the one statement that you made please, thank you.

17

News Item2/10/15 4:28 PM
Berford H  Find all comments by Berford H
Mike wrote:
But if some wish to stay behind, maybe they can get a special dispensation.
Mike how come you PreMills promise a 1000 years whereas the Bible promises eternal life?

Also what happens during and after the 1000 years to the Christians?

Eternal length of time:-
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have ETERNAL life.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is ETERNAL life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 17:3 And this is ETERNAL life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into ETERNAL life.”

16

News Item2/10/15 3:44 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
Brother, if I was starving to death, I still couldn't eat one of those haggis things.
Mike, I've been studying premillennial, pretribulation, catching away theology, and I reached this conclusion. See what you think:
Both the a-mil and the premil are currently awaiting the return of Christ. The former expect him to come visibly and in judgment on the whole world; the latter expect him to come invisibly to take up the saints before a great tribulation period, after which he will reign physically in Jerusalem. And both are expecting an increase in evil before Christ comes: the a-mil because as the 1,000 yr reign of Christ from heaven comes to an end, the devil is let loose on the world, bringing in chaos in the world and apostasy in the churches: the dispy because the "church age" is expected to go the same way as all other dispensations, i.e. ending in failure and apostasy.
I'm still working on it.
Me too. I don't spend much time talking about it, as there is no end to it. But if some wish to stay behind, maybe they can get a special dispensation.

A comment on yours: The a-mil(not-mil) by def says there is no 1000 yr. mil reign. The premil doesn't say the church age fails, but that it ends.

15

News Item2/10/15 6:52 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Welcome back, John.
14

News Item2/9/15 6:06 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Find all comments by Michael Hranek
I just made the time to watch Darrell Waltrip's talk ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHfJpmcX7Y

... I have become a Darrell Waltrip fan (btw for you ladies who post here he says some wonderful things about his godly praying wife that ought to encourage you all as well)

Have to tell my pastor as he enjoys NASCAR

Oh! Was Obama there? So what. Imho I think that was almost incidental for what he said for those who would hear

13

News Item2/9/15 5:11 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Ok my thoughts on another post must be out of bounds, so WELCOME BACK John UK!!

12

News Item2/9/15 4:51 PM
s c | Oh  Find all comments by s c
John,a site that you might find to be of interest: www.goodnewsforcatholics.com
11

News Item2/9/15 1:56 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Yuck to haggis. But it is good to have you back, bro.
Brother, if I was starving to death, I still couldn't eat one of those haggis things.

Mike, I've been studying premillennial, pretribulation, catching away theology, and I reached this conclusion. See what you think:

Both the a-mil and the premil are currently awaiting the return of Christ. The former expect him to come visibly and in judgment on the whole world; the latter expect him to come invisibly to take up the saints before a great tribulation period, after which he will reign physically in Jerusalem. And both are expecting an increase in evil before Christ comes: the a-mil because as the 1,000 yr reign of Christ from heaven comes to an end, the devil is let loose on the world, bringing in chaos in the world and apostasy in the churches: the dispy because the "church age" is expected to go the same way as all other dispensations, i.e. ending in failure and apostasy.

I'm still working on it.

10

News Item2/9/15 12:12 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
John, the gospel of Christ is all about Christ, not you. It is what HE has done, what HE is doing, whom HE saves, whom HE brings to heaven. HE seeks and saves that which was lost. John, you need to make much of Jesus Christ and the love he has for sinners. In order to come to "faith in Christ", people need to hear about "Christ". Preach Christ, preach his blood, preach his grace and mercy. But remember, "ye must be born again".
Haggis Hunter, och aye Scotty.
I'll never understand how you can eat those things.
Yuck to haggis. But it is good to have you back, bro.
9

News Item2/9/15 11:58 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
Waltrip is correct in the way that he presents the biblical doctrine of salvation. That is the way that I present the biblical doctrine of salvation on discussion forums by telling individuals that unless they trust in Jesus alone for salvation and embrace Him as their Personal Savior that they will be spending eternity in Hell.
John, the gospel of Christ is all about Christ, not you. It is what HE has done, what HE is doing, whom HE saves, whom HE brings to heaven. HE seeks and saves that which was lost. John, you need to make much of Jesus Christ and the love he has for sinners. In order to come to "faith in Christ", people need to hear about "Christ". Preach Christ, preach his blood, preach his grace and mercy. But remember, "ye must be born again".

Haggis Hunter, och aye Scotty.

I'll never understand how you can eat those things.

8

News Item2/9/15 11:50 AM
haggis hunter  Find all comments by haggis hunter
John UK wrote:
It seems to me that you've got that upside down, Ike. There is nothing you can do to "become an elect of God". Election is God's prerogative, and it stems from his love, grace and mercy. We have all forfeited any possibility of merit before God by our sins, both original and actual.
Correct.

btw: Welcome back Sassenach.

7
There are a total of 26 user comments displayedSubscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last


Sean E. Harris
The Sanctity of Marriage:..

Genesis - In the Beginning
Sunday - AM
Berean Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06

Hourly:
Dr. Law & Dr. Grace
Lester Roloff
Sovereign Outreach 4 Grace
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
BR #89 Murderer's Row

Bible Readings by Dr. Jim
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Dr. Sacha Walicord
Why the Law

Trinity United Reformed Church
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Rabboni: My Great Master, Lord
Shawn Reynolds

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android New!
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
TECH TALKS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Podcasting
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards
QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2022 SermonAudio.