Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -51 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | United Prayer | SA Center | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/23/2021
SUNDAY, OCT 5, 2008  |  93 comments
Obama’s Other Pastor
In the early summer of 2000, the Houston megachurch pastor Kirbyjon Caldwell got a phone call that would change his life. The George W. Bush campaign was on the line, wanting to know if Caldwell would introduce his friend the governor of Texas at the Republican National Convention. "I was shocked. I did not expect the call," Caldwell recently said over lunch in Houston. "And I told the guy, I've got to pray on this. This is big."

It was big. George W. Bush was—to state the obvious—a Republican, and in Texas, as elsewhere, relations between African-Americans and the GOP were strained. Caldwell himself was a registered Democrat, though he had voted for Bush for governor. The last Republican president to garner more than 30 percent of the African-American vote was Richard Nixon in 1960. As the pastor of a huge congregation, Caldwell knew that 11,000 mostly working- and middle-class ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.newsweek.com

Seals 5 & 6: Persecuted Church
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Seals 5 & 6: Persecuted ChurchDr. Joel Beeke | 11/11/2012
•  Being Good Citizen of America • Jeff Arthur | 12/7/2008
•  America's Greatest Need • Russ Sukhia | 7/1/2007
•  The Christian and Government • Pastor John MacArthur | 6/27/2009
COMMENTS  locked  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 93 user comment(s)
News ItemSystem Notice
SermonAudio.com
This forum thread has been closed by SermonAudio.
No further comments are permitted for this news item.

News Item10/28/08 1:42 PM
RV | Kenosha  Find all comments by RV
http://conservativecolloquium.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/obama-supports-infanticide/
93

News Item10/28/08 1:08 PM
KK | USA  Find all comments by KK
Everyone check this link by Michelle Malkin - Oct 26, 2K8 11:44 PM
.

[URL=http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/26/obama-in-2001-how-to-bring-about-redistributive-change/]]]Obama in 2001: How to bring about “redistributive change;” Update: Biden decries “mean,” “ugly” questions[/URL]

.
Socialism and its redistribution of the wealth is at the heart of Obama's desire to thwart THE CONSTITUTION and restructure America as "We" know it today !!!

Elect Obama and Government will get BIGGER AND MORE INTRUSIVE and FREEDOM will be diminished as he and the other liberal socialist nutcases in DC "REDISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH"

Barack is BAD NEWS !!!

Veritas Vincit !!!

"IN" Christ, KK

Postscript: **If McCain/Palin are elected and they don't deliver ... there will be BIG TROUBLE for the Republican Party next time around !!!

92

News Item10/27/08 5:59 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
RV wrote:
Vogue you seem to discredit folks based on where they are from.
Me for being from Kenosha and someone else because they are from the UK.
What do you say to people that you disagree with that live somewhere in California?
RV:

Read my comments from the "Obama from Kenyan" mess. The Judge threw that foolishness out as he should have! Hooray for him!

91

News Item10/27/08 12:28 PM
RV | Kenosha  Find all comments by RV
Vogue you seem to discredit folks based on where they are from.
Me for being from Kenosha and someone else because they are from the UK.
What do you say to people that you disagree with that live somewhere in California?
90

News Item10/25/08 1:01 AM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
Here in the USA, I know many blacks who claim to be Christian but who are supporting Obama just because of his skin color. The expectation is – I should be supporting him, too. But as a Christian there is no way I can support this man who is pro-abortion, pro-sodomy; not to mention his socialist/communist leanings, etc., etc., and other problems. In fact, Obama stayed in a church that was preaching Liberation Theology. It caused a huge controversy because of ugly statements his “pastor” made. Obama only left this “church” (which is filled with heresy and lies) because of political expediency. Clearly, by his fruit he’s not a true Christian – though he claims to be." USA[/QUOTE]Ms Sword:

We've heard all of this chatter before. Do you have something original in your arsenal? There are lots of Pro-Choice Republicans! Tom Ridge is one of many examples, even as Chuck Hagel...and they all profess to be Christians.

You guys buy into it because they're "Republicans", you know, the "God Party." The mere fact that you're from the UK causes me to doubt the authenticity of your profession!

89

News Item10/24/08 4:14 PM
KK | USA  Find all comments by KK
swordandtrowel

It's refreshing to hear such conviction and clarity !!!

.....................................................

GOD BLESS HER !!!

GOOD POST !!!!
_________________

Vogue

S T I L L ... you cling to your wearying same "old" misguided, skewed and starry-eyed propagandizing hyperbole/hyperbola !!! -

You're just Obama drunk !!! - Spare us your endless wearisome blather !!!

A pig in a suit is still a pig.

I don't want to be ugly, but your stultifying thought processes are beyond THE RELM OF ROBUST RATIONAL COMPREHENSION ---- you are an individual whom, within the council of his own mind, has taken leave of his senses -- you have assimilated into the Obama collective and can no longer differentiate between RIGHT and WRONG -- thus you have become disingenuously “fallacious”/”illogical” and this has earned you a most illustrious title within “Our” social hierarchy -- I dub you “EXTRINSICLLY IRRELAVENT” !!! - IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT !!! – AND IT DOES FIT YOU AND OBAMA WELL !!! -

I couldn’t help poking a little fun at ya !!! -

Veritas Vincit !!!

“IN” Christ (Ever A Work In Progress ), KK

Postscript: Obama isn't The Power in DC, he's just a south end of a north bound horse (one amongst many).

88

News Item10/24/08 3:07 PM
swordandtrowel  Find all comments by swordandtrowel
True spiritual discernment is color blind!

I share an excerpt of a letter sent to[URL=http://www.biblebasedministries.co.uk/about/]]]Bible-Based Ministries[/URL],a Gospel Ministry to South Africa.

"I am a black woman); and the Lord converted me far later in life (age 35)
For me it can be a particularly lonely walk from the standpoint that many people do not understand that when it comes to standing firmly on the side of Christ verses going the way of cultural “traditions” (so to speak) – I have to roundly reject “tradition” if it contradicts God’s clear teaching. Let me give you an example. Here in the USA, I know many blacks who claim to be Christian but who are supporting Obama just because of his skin color. The expectation is – I should be supporting him, too. But as a Christian there is no way I can support this man who is pro-abortion, pro-sodomy; not to mention his socialist/communist leanings, etc., etc., and other problems. In fact, Obama stayed in a church that was preaching Liberation Theology. It caused a huge controversy because of ugly statements his “pastor” made. Obama only left this “church” (which is filled with heresy and lies) because of political expediency. Clearly, by his fruit he’s not a true Christian – though he claims to be." USA

87

News Item10/24/08 2:28 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
Please spare us your calamitous canter toward the cataclysmic incantations of Obama's comportment !!!
Obama can't have a TRUE BEARING --- his "Compass" is defunct !!!
Veritas Vincit !!!
"IN" Christ (Ever Desirous of "CHANGE" That Matters Now and Eternally), KK

Dear KK:

Before you attempt to denigrate Barack Obama, please take a basic spelling and grammar course! You make absolutely no sense whatsoever!

If you are going to try to be intelligent, at least write intelligently. Barack is the Political power in Washington. This has nothing to do with idolizing him.

Even his own constituents in the Senate all agree. This man is gifted, talented, and very eloquent as everyone already knows.

He is a family man; loving husband, and doting Father. His intelligence speaks volumes, and unfortunately, many people, epsecially White men, are very jealous of his rise to the top!

John & Cindy McCain are "Home Wreckers", with John being a "serial" adulterer. Sarah Palin has also succumbed to the "Forbidden Fruit" by sleeping with her husband's best friend!

She is incompetent, lacks intelligence, doesn't know and understand the issues, and has a perception by the American people as an "Air Head". Go back to the drawing board and see what you come up with!

86

News Item10/24/08 1:08 PM
KK | USA  Find all comments by KK
Vogue / California

I see you're still at your same "old" misguided, skewed and starry-eyed propagandizing hyperbole/hyperbola !!! ---

You are a man who has thrown logic and caution to the wind --- NOT TO MENTION FAITH AND THE DISCERNMENT WROUGHT IN AND THROUGH FAITH !!! --- You have set Obama up as an idol of sorts and by so doing your eyes are covered with the scales of duplicitous funk !!!

"We” all understand that America is in need of "CHANGE", but let "Us" not enter into a hypercritical state of mind that lends itself toward "CRAZED" panic and dysfunction --- this can only result in hypercorrection, (such as choosing a man like Obama with his "lack" of Political Prowess and Moral Fortitude), that will further handicap America/Americans taking "Us" farther down the slippery slope of moral depravation, impoverishment and Constitutional privation that will lead to the shipwreck of THE FREEDOMS "Our" FOREFATHERS FOUGHT AND DIED FOR !!!

Please spare us your calamitous canter toward the cataclysmic incantations of Obama's comportment !!!

Obama can't have a TRUE BEARING --- his "Compass" is defunct !!!

Veritas Vincit !!!

"IN" Christ (Ever Desirous of "CHANGE" That Matters Now and Eternally), KK

85

News Item10/24/08 12:32 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
After all he would be president of the left, not of the people.[/QUOTE]Mike:

You sound like a sore loser even before your man has been defeated. Wow! What Prophecy. Sarah Palin is in no way qualified to be VP let alone the President.

She is clearly incompetent, and that is why the McCain campaign is scare as the devil to allow her to go on tough shows like "Meet the PRess" and "Face the Nation" or any other challenging media outlet. She doesn't know the issues as further demonstrated with her interview with Brian Williams.

She asked about what it means to have "pre-conditions", and her answer was on the level of a first grader, which means that she flunked!

Mike, I know you want McCain to win, but he is simply a boring, tired old man that can't even get his own base excited about his campaign.

Also, it was brought out by several sources that McCain and Palin has absolutely no chemistry, which could easily be seen when they were sitting next to each other in the Brian Williams interview. If Obama wins, he will be America's President! Why don't you man up and admit that McCain is really not your choice?? Many Republicans have done just that!

84

News Item10/24/08 10:41 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Vogue wrote:
Mike:
The ONLY reason to vote for Barack Obama is simple: He is the Best Candidate by far! America doesn't want anything to do with the "Old Man" and his novice VP pick. Even Governor Arnold here in Cali said that she is not ready! Duh, Arnie.
Too bad Arnie as politician hasn't the character of the characters he played in the movies.

What silliness to declare Palin unready for VP, but Obama ready for the presidency. How blind are you who will not see.

If perchance Obama wins, and that is no sure thing in spite of what some false polls say, and in spite of all the dead people who will vote for him, YOU call him Mr. President. After all he would be president of the left, not of the people.

83

News Item10/23/08 9:43 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
Mike wrote:
I'm sure that somewhere in this is a reason to vote for Obama.
Mike:

The ONLY reason to vote for Barack Obama is simple: He is the Best Candidate by far! America doesn't want anything to do with the "Old Man" and his novice VP pick. Even Governor Arnold here in Cali said that she is not ready! Duh, Arnie.

82

News Item10/23/08 7:56 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Vogue wrote:
Being from Kenosha, you are probably not use to people other than Blacks speaking out against the atrocities that Whites have put on other people!
I'm sure that somewhere in this is a reason to vote for Obama.
81

News Item10/23/08 3:14 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
You may be saved but based on your racist behaivor it seems doubtful.
You need to repent to Jesus Christ not Obama.
Concerned for your soul
Rick[/QUOTE]RV:

You are amazing with your "child-like" rhetoric that amounts to 0. I absolutely agree with you that our skin color is designed by God, and it is for that reason that I ask the obvious question: why has White people treated people of color (especially Blacks) with contempt in America?

For the record, and I am sure you will be surprised to know that I am not Black! You assume it because I can speak the truth about what I have witnessed in this so-called "Christian Nation" as it relates to racial bigotry. If you must know, I am a combination of Greek, Irish, and Italian.

Black people are to be commended for their having to put up with the nonsense from Whites for well over 200 years! Yes, I am saved without a doubt. I met the Lord when I was just 15 years of age and have walked with Him ever since. What about you "Mr. God who knows man's heart?"

Being from Kenosha, you are probably not use to people other than Blacks speaking out against the atrocities that Whites have put on other people!

80

News Item10/22/08 5:31 PM
RV | Kenosha  Find all comments by RV
KK and Mike
I admire your patience with Vogue.
It is pretty obvious that this man is racist.

Vogue at the foot of the cross the color of our skin makes no difference.

The color of our skin is designed by God, and God can never say Oops.

I could care a less who anyone on this site votes for but I do care when someone may think they are saved when they arent.

What could possibly be worse then someone who thinks they are saved but they are not?

You may be saved but based on your racist behaivor it seems doubtful.

You need to repent to Jesus Christ not Obama.

Concerned for your soul
Rick

79

News Item10/22/08 4:25 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
KK wrote:
Oh I see, Dr. Alveda C. King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., isn't African American enough for you so in your mind her opinion dosen't count ??? -
Exactly, KK. Vogue suffers from a very selective form of racism.
78

News Item10/22/08 3:10 PM
KK | USA  Find all comments by KK
Vogue wrote:
First, Ms. king doesn't qualify as a "Prominent black Leader". She only has notariety due to her blood connection.
Oh I see, Dr. Alveda C. King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., isn't African American enough for you so in your mind her opinion dosen't count ??? -

It's clear that you seek to overcome any and all objections to Obama the half-wit by smearing those who hold to sound principled views.

Vogue, you're TOOOOO MUCH !!!

Maybe it's all those drugs Obama did back in his college years that has distorted his thinking and shipwrecked his moral compass !!! -- Obama is so far to the left he has fallen off the edge !!! -- -- and unfortunately you have followed him -- the blind leading the blind !!! -

You and Barack should know that smoking your dirty socks is bad for your thinker !!! -

Poking a little fun at ya !!! -

You can save your breath trying to promote the JObama ticket here ------ we're not much for shoveled dung -- it stinks too much !!!

You do realize you never addressed the specific points I made earlier on this thread ??? -- You're a real piece of work Vogue, just like the man you so blindly promote, you just don’t get it !!!

Veritas Vincit !!!

KK

77

News Item10/22/08 1:00 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Vogue wrote:
KK:
First, Ms. king doesn't qualify as a "Prominent black Leader". She only has notariety due to her blood connection.
Second, McCain knows nothing about "morality". Remember, it is McCain and his wife, Cindy who are immoral people. Both are "Adulterers", "home wreckers", and "Beer Guzzlers".
You guys are trying everything in your power to keep Barack from winning. Again, be prepared to call him "Mr. President!"
There is an option however, you can move to England....but then you would still have problems because both the Mayor of London and their Prime Minister favors Barack Obama, with the Mayor giving an official endorsement! He is clearly the better, more qualified candidate!
McCain is too old and washed up! His time has come and gone.
You are a strange one, Vogue. You, in your ageist elitism, (common to Obamaniacs) say McCain is too old, yet his mother is still alive. Ever considered that his genes might be stronger than Obama's?
76

News Item10/22/08 12:55 PM
Vogue | California  Find all comments by Vogue
KK wrote:
[URL=http://newsblaze.com/story/20081019083329zzzz.nb/topstory.html]]]Prominent Black Leaders Support McCain[/URL]
.

.
"Vogue", how do you fell about the article ??? -- Are you going to spin it or take it to heart ???
.
This is just one of many issues Obama and his political gurus don't want to discuss !!!
Veritas Vincit !!!
"IN" Christ (Ever A Work In Progress), KK

KK:

First, Ms. king doesn't qualify as a "Prominent black Leader". She only has notariety due to her blood connection.

Second, McCain knows nothing about "morality". Remember, it is McCain and his wife, Cindy who are immoral people. Both are "Adulterers", "home wreckers", and "Beer Guzzlers".

You guys are trying everything in your power to keep Barack from winning. Again, be prepared to call him "Mr. President!"

There is an option however, you can move to England....but then you would still have problems because both the Mayor of London and their Prime Minister favors Barack Obama, with the Mayor giving an official endorsement! He is clearly the better, more qualified candidate!

McCain is too old and washed up! His time has come and gone.

75

News Item10/22/08 12:02 AM
KK | USA  Find all comments by KK
[URL=http://newsblaze.com/story/20081019083329zzzz.nb/topstory.html]]]Prominent Black Leaders Support McCain[/URL]

.
This link above is an article Published: October 19, 2008

EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT AND PASS IT ON !!!

You don't hear the left-wing media reporting this TRUTH !!!

MORALITY MATTERS, BUT NOT TO Barack Obama !!!

LIFE IS AN ISSUE FOR ALL AMERICANS !!!

LET "US" COME TOGETHER ON THE COMMON
GROUND THAT CONNECTS "US" ALL !!!

LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
MUST BE HELD WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF WHOLESOME
PRINCIPLES !!! --- THE FOUNDERS WERE WISE ENOUGH
TO FOLLOW A HIGHER LAW THAN THAT OF "self" !!!
“IN THE NAME OF GOD AND COUNTRY” ---
SHOULDN'T "WE" DO THE SAME ?!?!?
.

Men who hold to the mind-set Obama ascribes to will take this Nation to the lowest lows of inhumanity and moral bankruptcy !!!

"We" MUST REPENT AND COME TOGETHER !!!

I PRAY THE LORD WILL TOUCH THE "HEARTS" OF men and women THROUGHOUT THIS LAND TO STAND AS ONE !!! “IN” Jesus Name, Amen.
.

"Vogue", how do you fell about the article ??? -- Are you going to spin it or take it to heart ???

.
This is just one of many issues Obama and his political gurus don't want to discuss !!!

Veritas Vincit !!!

"IN" Christ (Ever A Work In Progress), KK

74
There are a total of 93 user comments displayedSubscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 | last


Nowra, New South Wales Australia
Shoalhaven Gospel Church

Play! | More

Dr. Sacha Walicord
How Dare this Man Teach!

John
Sunday - AM
Walker United Reformed
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06

Hourly:
Grace Regenerates
Dr. Harry Reeder
Second Presbyterian Church
Staff Picks..

Mark S. Wisniewski
Las Armas De La Luz

Romanos 2021
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

Sermon: #19 Your Money in The Bank
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
TECH TALKS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Podcasting New!
Listen Line New!
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2021 SermonAudio.