Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
198

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -15 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ GLUE STICK ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon God's Purpose in His Calling | Gil Rugh
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska
"Barnes' New Testament Notes ¶Romans 8:15 ¶The Spirit of adoption...."
-3 day 
Sermon Trials and chastisement | Mike Walker
Gary and Janey Hollback from Wheelersburg church
-3 day 
Sermon Taking the Rainbow Back | Sean E. Harris
Daman Sood from India
-3 day 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 9 user comments posted recently.
Survey12/21/08 10:39 AM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
John UK wrote:
If all will be willing to communicate the gospel by whatever means they can
Ah John, I perceive you are now happy with me. Have I passed the test?

But John since you liked my last post, that raises a question; "Do you only like the nice bits of the Bible which pander to the human emotions of happy, glee, elation, pleasure etc?

In the Beatitiudes the Lord teaches that the Christian status in this world is poverty, mourning, meek in the world of stong, difficulty in finding any righteousness, merciful in a world lacking mercy, trying to make pure what is impure, seeking peace in a violent world, and being persecuted by all and sundry around us.

These are formidable trials and tribulations in a world run by Satan and sins.

Should not the whole counsel of God be preached, even the hard parts? Or do you think that we need to be nice, cordial, winsome to people, to get them into salvation?
This being so how much of the Bible do we need to hide from prospective candidates?

John, I believe the Elect of God are brought into the true Church by divine grace and power. The Holy Spirit and God's gift of Faith are what overcome sin in the mortal to bring them to Jesus. Only thus do we discern joy and suffering in Holy Writ.


Survey12/20/08 6:14 PM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
John UK wrote:
Now then my friend, you've given here the negatives. Have you ever, personally, encouraged the saints
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have PEACE WITH GOD through our LORD JESUS CHRIST:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and REJOICE IN HOPE of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, HOPE:
5 And HOPE maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost WHICH IS GIVEN UNTO US.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by HOPE: but HOPE that is seen is not HOPE: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet HOPE for? 25 But if we HOPE for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Rom 12:12 REJOICING in HOPE; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

H - His
O - Own
P - Person
E - Eternal

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead"
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."


Survey12/20/08 5:00 PM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Windspirit wrote:
I would add that you string together verses, and you have no passion for what you are saying. It is all so matter of fact. There is nothing of a hint of personal experience.
Therefore you imply that because I have a different doctrine to you, I am impassive. Strange conclusion to arrive at.

GOD said.
Quote
Romans 9::-
"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy ON WHOM I WILL have mercy, and I will have compassion ON WHOM I WILL have compassion."
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
Therefore hath he mercy ON WHO HE WILL have mercy, and whom he will HE HARDENETH"
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which HE HAD AFORE PREPARED unto glory"

"Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?"
Hath not THE POTTER POWER over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto HONOUR, and another unto DISHONOUR?"

The Elect are
"According as HE HATH CHOSEN us in him BEFORE the FOUNDATION of the WORLD, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having PREDESTINATED US unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, ACCORDING to the good pleasure of HIS WILL"


Survey12/20/08 3:32 PM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
John UK wrote:
Conspiracy theorists would say that glue stick was clearly a fundi/freewiller arminian/man-centred works gospel Catholic infiltrator, seeing as he presents neo-Calvinism in such a cold, frozen-hearted, God-dishonouring, unthinking, uncaring and unemotional way.
Me, I think he's just a neo-Calvinist who needs to read a few Spurgeonics, or maybe Bishop Ryle's commentary on the four gospels (full version).
There's a cure for every spiritual sickness if you know where to turn.
I guess you are a conspiracy theorist then John.

Definition of a "Conspiracy theorist" = must be those who disagree with John's theories???

I have read both C H Spurgeon and J C Ryle and enjoyed them both immensely. It's great to read the books, sermons and articles of good solid 5 point Calvinists.

Jesus taught many church goers won't get saved.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus taught that HE will reject many too.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.


Survey12/20/08 11:50 AM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Windspirit wrote:
Well, you have made a BOLD statement, but you have not defended it.
You have just "thrown it out there."
You will now need to explain the difference,
I personally believe the verses I quoted 1Cor15:45,47,48 illustrate the difference between the two Adams.

But
Simply put
Clearly as mortal
We need God
We need Christ.
We need Holy Spirit.
To
Make an essential difference to justification, sanctification and salvation.

Adam, although prior to sin in the mortal - disobeyed/sinned,
Christ did not!

What makes the difference is GOD/grace.

The dominion of sin is a powerful domain not to be underestimated.
This dominion coupled with the serpent/Satan we require divine assistance to overcome. Rom 6:14ff and 7:14ff.

6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[=] Thus grace alone makes the difference. Demonstrating two contrary opposing domains. eg. Gal 5:17.

18 Being then MADE FREE from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness

22 But now being MADE FREE from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.


Survey12/20/08 11:12 AM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Windspirit wrote:
To which I would say, Adam was a human with emotion and without sin when he was created.
Ahhhh. .but, of even more importance, I would point out that you are calling into question the humanity of Christ. You didn't mean to do that with your premise, did you?
No!
Christ was without sin, - which makes a huge difference.

As for Adam
He disobeyed/sinned;
whereas Jesus did not.

There is a distinct difference between created being and divine, in the body/soul/spirit part of first and second Adam..

1Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

However
I repeat the point I made earlier. It is GOD who has mercy ON WHOM HE WILL.
Rom 9 refers.


Survey12/20/08 10:22 AM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Par3 wrote:
This is a terrible way to state this.

When you say, dispassionately, that God sends the rest to hell,

Hard Facts

Prov 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.
4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God alone delivers from darkness

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Thus implying that the rest remain in darkness.

This next verse appears straightforward and comprehensive

16 For *BY HIM* were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

GOD alone can enable us to fight against these principalities.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The unsaved are not provided with the armour of God. Where do you think that leaves them?

___________
Windspirit
"Without emotion, one isn't even human"
BUT
Without sin one isn't human.


Survey12/20/08 9:40 AM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
A post like this makes the "god of total irresistable predestination and LIMITED atonement" sound more like the devil than the God Jesus Christ Himself has told us of and makes me consider just who is resisting the work of the Holy Ghost?
What Michael??
You don't believe the Bible???

Quote
Romans 9::-
"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth"
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory"

Human sentimentality has no place in true Biblical doctrine, Michael!

"Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?"
Hath not THE POTTER POWER over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto HONOUR, and another unto DISHONOUR?"


Survey12/17/08 12:25 PM
glue stick  Find all comments by glue stick
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
Me wrote:
a) Not so. He doesn't hate the way Satan hates. .with intent to destroy.
FYI
God does NOTHING the way Satan does.

Satan CANT do what God does.

But God has mercy upon whom HE will, and sends the rest to hell.




Dr. Peter Masters
The Sufficiency of God's Word

2 Timothy 3:16
Bible Study
Metropolitan Tabernacle
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06

Kevin Swanson
SBC: Dealing with Sexual Abuse

What Revival Would Look Like
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Dr. James M. Phillips
#99 I was Not Disobedient..

Acts From The Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sponsor:
Restoring in-Person Worship Habits

Free Web­inar with Thom Rainer & Church Answ­ers June 24 at 2 pm East­ern
https://churchanswers.com/w..

Sermon:
Truth Is Fallen!
Dr. Stephen Felker

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites New!
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2021 SermonAudio.