Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
 16,000

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -0 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  11/30/2020
WEDNESDAY, OCT 28, 2020  |  13 comments
Barrett Confirmed: Supreme Court Has 1st 'Reliable Conservative Majority' in 90 Years
The U.S. Senate confirmed Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court Monday, capping a rush to have her seated by Election Day and culminating a decades-long effort by conservatives to reshape the nation’s highest court from a left-leaning body to one that is more reliably right of center.

The Senate confirmed Barrett by a vote of 52-48, with Republicans comprising all the “yes” votes and Democrats joining one GOP senator (Maine’s Susan Collins) in voting no.

Barrett will replace the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who was a hero of the Left and passed away Sept. 18. at the age of 87. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianheadlines.com

   11/30/20  |  Federal appeals court upholds Tennessee ban on abortion for Down... • 1 comments
   11/30/20  |  Couple delivering Christmas presents to family stopped by police • 11 comments
   11/28/20  |  Dutch Doctors Can Now Secretly Place Sedatives in Food before... • 29 comments
   11/27/20  |  California Pastor Temporarily Turns His Chapel Into a Strip Club... • 11 comments
   11/25/20  |  Trump Pardons Michael Flynn • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( SOCIETY ) NEWS | MORE..
   11/06/20  |  A Tribute to Alan Cairns, SermonAudio's First Preacher • 15 comments
   11/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Dropbox Support for Convenient Uploading! • 2 comments
   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to Portland
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 37 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 13 user comment(s)
News Item10/29/2020 3:58 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank wrote:
If you don't understand the difference between the catholic jesus and my Jesus, then I can't help you. Last one to you on this issue.
Barrett embraced the biblical Jesus as her Lord and Savior and thus she is saved. Romans 10:9 states if anybody confesses Jesus as Lord then they are saved. Anybody includes a Catholic.
13

News Item10/29/2020 3:45 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Yurich USA wrote:
If Barrett embraced Jesus as her Lord and Savior then she is saved. Since when is it evil to want a conservative majority on the Supreme Court to overturn abortion and homosexual marriage?
If you don't understand the difference between the catholic jesus and my Jesus, then I can't help you. Last one to you on this issue.
12

News Item10/29/2020 3:40 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank wrote:
She will fool many because of their cultural progressive views of Christianity where any professing Christian who is conservative is considered to be in the faith.
So what you are saying is we should compromise for a greater good. Note the below:
Romans 3:8 “And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.”
If Barrett embraced Jesus as her Lord and Savior then she is saved. Since when is it evil to want a conservative majority on the Supreme Court to overturn abortion and homosexual marriage?
11

News Item10/29/2020 10:48 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Yurich USA wrote:
I am against a married woman working outside of the home also. But Barrett is a conservative judge making the Supreme Court a conservative majority which will mean the overturning of abortion and homosexual marriage. And that is important.
She will fool many because of their cultural progressive views of Christianity where any professing Christian who is conservative is considered to be in the faith.

So what you are saying is we should compromise for a greater good. Note the below:

Romans 3:8 “And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.”

10

News Item10/28/2020 6:25 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Barrett is an Originalist---The logical consequence of that ❗
excerpt from, "Amy Coney Barrett’s Judicial Philosophy Doesn’t Hold Up to Scrutiny"
https://tinyurl.com/y37c2u7b
Irrelevant. Didn’t you hear the news? She’s a Supreme Court judge. Besides, her judicial philosophy holds up much better than the leftist elastic sentiment that the judges should legislate when the people, through their representatives, fail to do so according to leftist whims. Is that authority granted to them by that old fashioned Constitution, Jim?
9

News Item10/28/2020 5:19 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank wrote:
Well it looks like we have a genuine conservative feminist on the Supreme Court. I say feminist because she has only been a part time wife and mother. Since scripture is clear that women should stay at home “when possible” and care for her children, why should we give this woman a pass and not all women? Did she or does she need to work?
Anyway, she has been heavily involved with some organization as a ‘handmaiden” that is referred to as “people of praise”. This group reminds me of the “skull and bones” group as far as secrecy goes. They are also heavily involved with the Charismatic movement.
So, at this point I consider this committed catholic to be an abomination to Christ’s church. She will fool many because of their cultural progressive views of Christianity where any professing Christian who is conservative is considered to be in the faith.
I just pray this is a sign that we are nearing the end.
I am also aware that the handmaiden title may be a lie.
I am against a married woman working outside of the home also. But Barrett is a conservative judge making the Supreme Court a conservative majority which will mean the overturning of abortion and homosexual marriage. And that is important.
8

News Item10/28/2020 2:24 PM
The Quiet Christian  Find all comments by The Quiet Christian
Jim, I think your argument is passe at this point. It was relevant during the debate over the Constituionality of the National Bank about 200 years ago. However, this phrase from the Constitution has generically been used: "to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying into execution the enumerated powers."

An originality not only looks at the words, but the original intent of the authors of the Constitution and subsequent federal legislation to ensure law is applied in the manner in which it was intended.

The author of your posting also has intent - to whip to a frenzy the uneducated mobs to cause a Socialist revolution such as occurred in France to topple the monarchy.

The Constitution may be many things to many people, but it stands against such mob rule situations. The very balance of powers between the three branches does this. It is a system designed to check the universal problem of Total Depravity.

There is another "system" in place to check Total Depravity. He is the Holy Spirit. Above all, I commend faith in Christ Jesus.

7

News Item10/28/2020 2:17 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Angus King et al. via Jim Lincoln wrote:
. But wait a minute. What about the Air Force? Is it mentioned in the text?
No, but these fools Beg the Question in assuming the 1947 Nat'l Security Act (which among other things, established the USAF) conformed to the Constitution. Just because it wasn't challenged (so far as I know) doesn't mean it was Constitutional. The advent of intercontinental bombers and ballistic missiles was a good reason for an Amendment, for these have the same role and high costs as the Navy.
6

News Item10/28/2020 1:20 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Barrett is an Originalist---The logical consequence of that ❗
Angus King Jr. and Heather Cox Richardson wrote:
....
In some cases, interpreting the Constitution with an originalist lens is pretty easy; for example, the Constitution says that the president must be at least 35 years old (“35” means, well, 35), that each state has two senators (not three and not one), and that Congress is authorized to establish and support an Army and a Navy. But wait a minute. What about the Air Force? Is it mentioned in the text? Nope. Is there any ambiguity in the text? Again, no. It doesn’t say “armed forces”; it explicitly says “Army” and “Navy.” Did the Framers have in mind the Air Force 115 years before the Wright brothers? Not likely.

So is the Air Force unconstitutional, []....

excerpt from, "Amy Coney Barrett’s Judicial Philosophy Doesn’t Hold Up to Scrutiny"

https://tinyurl.com/y37u2c7b

5

News Item10/28/2020 11:37 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Well it looks like we have a genuine conservative feminist on the Supreme Court. I say feminist because she has only been a part time wife and mother. Since scripture is clear that women should stay at home “when possible” and care for her children, why should we give this woman a pass and not all women? Did she or does she need to work?

Anyway, she has been heavily involved with some organization as a ‘handmaiden” that is referred to as “people of praise”. This group reminds me of the “skull and bones” group as far as secrecy goes. They are also heavily involved with the Charismatic movement.

So, at this point I consider this committed catholic to be an abomination to Christ’s church. She will fool many because of their cultural progressive views of Christianity where any professing Christian who is conservative is considered to be in the faith.

I just pray this is a sign that we are nearing the end.

I am also aware that the handmaiden title may be a lie.

4

News Item10/28/2020 11:15 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Jury's out [is this a pun?] on whether this Court will live up to such a claim.

Besides, I wouldn't put it past the Dems to impeach these judges, since we've already seen they're willing to lie to do it to a President they don't like. And of course they would try FDR's dirty trick of packing the Court.

3

News Item10/28/2020 7:24 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
I heard that Barrett is a Catholic who embraced Jesus as her Lord and Savior and was Baptized in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.
2

News Item10/28/2020 12:37 AM
Uncle Sam | North Central Texas  Find all comments by Uncle Sam
Answer to Prayer!
1
There are a total of 13 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Couple delivering Christmas presents to family stopped by...
watcher: " john lee sure we do, adriel. but you know what the scots call..."
-33 min 10 
Federal appeals court upholds Tennessee ban on abortion for...
mike from new york: "i wonder what the man from nebraska will find fault with in..."
-1 hrs 
Climate Alarmists Caught Manipulating Temperature Data Yet...
adriel: "there is obviously a lot of money to be made in this global warming..."
-1 hrs 17 



Bill Parker
Motivated by Mercy - 2

Motivated by Mercy
TV Broadcast
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05

Larry Wessels
James White, True Apologist

Christian Answers of Austin
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP4

John Pittman Hey
Beware the Big Talkers

Only Christ's Promises Count
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
60% Off Thom Rainer’s Course Bundles

Cyber Week Sale – Save Hundr­eds on Bests­ell­ing Video Courses for Church Lead­ers
https://churchanswers.com/c..

Sermon: Moses' Systematic Theology..
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 12,800+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Portland, OR
  1   DAY LEFT!
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV New!
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP New!
Upload via Dropbox New!

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.