Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  7/7/2020
SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2020  |  34 comments
Southern Baptist leaders issue joint statement on the death of George Floyd
Southern Baptist leaders have published a statement grieving the recent death of George Floyd and calling for the end of "racial inequity in the distribution of justice in our country."

The statement, co-authored by SBC president J.D. Greear and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary president Jamie Dew was unanimously signed by all SBC officers, entity heads and state convention executive directors.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.bpnews.net

   07/06/20  |  US Evangelical Lutherans publish handbook on gender identity to... • 8 comments
   07/06/20  |  National Security law is a 'threat to Christians' in Hong Kong • 2 comments
   07/06/20  |  Priest suspended for condemning Black Lives Matter organization • 8 comments
   07/05/20  |  President Trump tweets that ‘there is a war against Christianity’ • 11 comments
   07/05/20  |  O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing • 14 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/07/20  |  20,000 emails: Abortion activists flood state officials to keep... • 6 comments
   07/07/20  |  Abortion providers are breaking the law with DIY pills by post,... • 1 comments
   07/07/20  |  Forbes Scrubs Climate Activist’s Apology Essay from Website • 2 comments
   07/06/20  |  Masks are putting people at each other's throats • 19 comments
   07/06/20  |  US Evangelical Lutherans publish handbook on gender identity to... • 8 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 34 user comment(s)
News Item6/3/2020 10:21 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
That’s entirely possible, Jed. On the other hand, he may have turned out to be just as wicked as he was, and just as wicked as I am, and just as wicked as you are.
34

News Item6/3/2020 8:57 PM
Jed Clampett | Hill Billy Country  Find all comments by Jed Clampett
Dr. Tim wrote:
A “gospel legacy,” Jim? Does that mean Floyd shared the gospel with the guys who were in prison with him? Did he give a tract to the people whose house he broke into when he committed armed robbery? He tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl. You reckon he witnessed to the dope dealer? Or maybe he “shared Jesus” with the mother of his illegitimate child. That Mr. Floyd was very likely murdered by a renegade cop is tragic indeed, but that doesn’t mean he was a hero who deserves to be lionized. If we’re going to go around pinning angels’ wings on mortals, maybe we should reserve a few for the multitude of good cops who have had to go in harm’s way for the past week because of the misdeeds of a handful of bad cops in Minneapolis.
Now if'd had his mustard greens and possum innards, he'd have turned out to be a fine Christian man. What say you doc?
33

News Item6/3/2020 8:10 PM
Watchmanremo | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo
Dr. Tim wrote:
A “gospel legacy,” Jim? Does that mean Floyd shared the gospel with the guys who were in prison with him? Did he give a tract to the people whose house he broke into when he committed armed robbery? He tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl. You reckon he witnessed to the dope dealer? Or maybe he “shared Jesus” with the mother of his illegitimate child. That Mr. Floyd was very likely murdered by a renegade cop is tragic indeed, but that doesn’t mean he was a hero who deserves to be lionized. If we’re going to go around pinning angels’ wings on mortals, maybe we should reserve a few for the multitude of good cops who have had to go in harm’s way for the past week because of the misdeeds of a handful of bad cops in Minneapolis.
Yes tim he is a sinner. Are you forgetting what happened...yes jim has it wrong.. Dont you say stuff that is wrong also. No ONE is saying his Floyds life is a mess...Jim is just pushing peoples buttons like satan...
Our government's are mafia in suits.
New autopsy findings...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-02/george-floyd-died-asphyxiation-family-autopsy-finds/12310104
32

News Item6/3/2020 6:53 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
A “gospel legacy,” Jim? Does that mean Floyd shared the gospel with the guys who were in prison with him? Did he give a tract to the people whose house he broke into when he committed armed robbery? He tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl. You reckon he witnessed to the dope dealer? Or maybe he “shared Jesus” with the mother of his illegitimate child. That Mr. Floyd was very likely murdered by a renegade cop is tragic indeed, but that doesn’t mean he was a hero who deserves to be lionized. If we’re going to go around pinning angels’ wings on mortals, maybe we should reserve a few for the multitude of good cops who have had to go in harm’s way for the past week because of the misdeeds of a handful of bad cops in Minneapolis.
31

News Item6/3/2020 4:55 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Watchmanremo, not only has the charge of murder been raised to second-degree against the alleged main perpetrator of the death of George Floyd, but his fellow officers, now former police officers like he is, have been charged with accessory to murder ❗

You will find more information about George Floyd and The following article:

Karen Shellnutt wrote:
The rest of the country knows George Floyd from several minutes of cell phone footage captured during his final hours. But in Houston’s Third Ward, they know Floyd for how he lived for decades—a mentor to a generation of young men and a “person of peace” ushering ministries into the area....

"George Floyd was a person of peace sent from the Lord that helped the gospel go forward in a place that I never lived in,” said Patrick PT Ngwolo, pastor of Resurrection Houston, which held services at Cuney.

“The platform for us to reach that neighborhood and the hundreds of people we reached through that time and up to now was built on the backs of people like Floyd,” he told Christianity Today...

excerpt from,"George Floyd Left a Gospel Legacy in Houston"👍

https://tinyurl.com/y9z86gqd

30

News Item6/2/2020 6:00 PM
Watchmanremo | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo
cv wrote:
Remo if you and JD Greer claims to have "All the facts," then "own it" up before God, as you put it.
I do know that that officer will
You demand a pound of flesh because the officer wasn't arrested on the spot. Well making arrests is part of their job, not yours. So you'd be arrest on the spot - internet trawlers don't coun as judge. Thats what the justice this very thing you're doing..
Also, for you all now, an investigation MUST deliver only one outcome, otherwise it's a "covercops are called on to risk their lives to save us. In this case,this was the right action, adrenaline, bad judgement, or murder we'll never know. These cops are hung out to fend for themselves now.
And
.
Who says he was a hero.. bearing false witness hey..How dare you who says he was roiting.. who says hes not a sinner who was doing some thing wrong.But to to respond to i carnt breath??.you again bear FALSE accusation...Euney..
Dont cheer.. be impartial...No one is saying. Now your saying its bad judgement. Flip flop..again you lie and say i am want a pound of FLESH.. where have i said this..b4 God?adrenaline that is your defence.
The world all knows this its wrong what was done and your cheering for the cop of bad judgement..at least your beginning to
29

News Item6/2/2020 6:24 AM
cv  Find all comments by cv
Remo if you and JD Greer claims to have "All the facts," then "own it" up before God, as you put it.

I do know that that officer will not get a fair trial because internet trawlers can find sympathetic opinions from their "own team."

You demand a pound of flesh because the officer wasn't arrested on the spot. Well making arrests is part of their job, not yours. So you'd be arrest on the spot if you tried that. 5 days to investigate their actions is not "too late."

Your 2 witnesses, eye witness, God says to bring before the judge and let them face the accused - internet trawlers don't coun as judge. Thats what the justice system was established for - to prevent mob justice- this very thing you're doing..

Also, for you all now, an investigation MUST deliver only one outcome, otherwise it's a "coverup."

Remo, cops are called on to risk their lives to save us. In this case, wether this was the right action, adrenaline, bad judgement, or murder we'll never know. These cops are hung out to fend for themselves now.

And Floyd is presented as a hero. He was caught rorting another legit business.
Shut em ALL down! Bring in the military.

"Peacenik" protesters are violent if they don't get their way. These peaceniks are a cover. Stay home or get shot!

.

28

News Item6/1/2020 10:23 PM
Watchmanremo | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo
https://www.bitchute.com/video/o3bhzG0oTDfR/
Police cheif admits what evidence he saw that his cop murdered him!

Most have talked about this peacefully those that riot are taking away from the real problem..
We are one race and all are created equal though God gives us gifts according to His Grace. Be like a child without which.....
Richmond police breaking down crying because of itel that its a organized hijacked element..
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5fcMz2fQ5Fck/

27

News Item6/1/2020 8:58 PM
Wayfarer pilgrim | Lubbock, Texas  Find all comments by Wayfarer pilgrim
You lock up people for 3 months, remove their jobs, their ability to work, educate successfully and suspend all means of entertainment, personal interaction and all they do is watch television. Then your nation will suffer.
This dumpster fire was lit by 4 idiotic, poorly trained cops, and they were videotaped killing a man in their custody, There is not excuse . If all you have heard is cops will kill you if you balk again and , again, then people with protest and thugs will burn down the nation. There is no justice outside the cross of Christ. But , that said, our president, governors and mayors need to promote safety and justice. But till that happens, we are going to be dealing with this till after November.
26

News Item6/1/2020 5:30 PM
Noname | Mississippi  Find all comments by Noname
MIKE FROM NEW YORK WROTE:

Jennifer Cunningham wrote:
---
We have fought peacefully with no results, this is 2020 and we are still being lynched, how can you call yourself Christians and show no empathy’s hope I forgot you’re clueless
No, the clueless ones are those who see the murdered man George Floyd first in terms of his skin color, then as a human being, if that enters into it at all. The clueless ones are those who somehow justify burning down a building being built with 189 apartments for low income folks. The clueless ones are those who burn down their own neighborhood grocery stores. The clueless ones are those who justify stealing televisions as a response to the anger they supposedly feel about bad cops. Mindless, selfish, and greedy acts have nothing to do with racism.

Exactly Mike!

25

News Item6/1/2020 4:09 AM
Watchmanremo | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo
cv wrote:
Right!
The bible says not to do as the SBC is doing. But then, SBC doesn't have any were still ongoing. And yes SBC has ALL the facts? We need to not make a false testimony against anyone. Own that!
All Christians will stand for justice. God is the owner of every life. We should be careful we don't deal unjustly towards anyone. And we can only do r than that will be a "coverup."
Now your against the sbc with a line....

Again you provided nothing... on going is your reply? If i do something wrong like this id be arrested srtaight away then charged...
Whats the new evidence... 2 witnesses has been established many more have testified that is Gods order, eye witnesses. The cop has been arrested. 5 days too late.
People have to stop cheering for their own team, i am not a baptist, but good on them we are to be impartial, not a respector of persons... Cops said he resisted arrest, no evidence.. he said carnt breath! No responce . Bystander said check his pulse,4 min no.. it should be 1st degree, but i know the courts system too well if its a christian, like kent hovid jailed for stagging....10 year down from 99
Nothing else. We live in a world that is prejudice....

24

News Item5/31/2020 10:39 PM
Teens4Freedom | Home of the (use to be) free  Find all comments by Teens4Freedom
If anyone cares (which since it’s not hateful our controversial I doubt) here’s a great video I saw on christians during covid
https://youtu.be/AVWsoeV98Nw
23

News Item5/31/2020 10:35 PM
Teens4Freedom | Home of the (use to be) free  Find all comments by Teens4Freedom
The U.S. Supreme Court just literally overruled our constitution and most christians bowed to the pressure and let them, and people are more upset about the SBC issuing a statement mourning someone’s death and calling for an end to some of the injustice in our legal system?? Pathetic!!! No onset the government could completely bulldoze us! Where are the heroes of the faith? The ones willing to die for our freedoms? God help us!
22

News Item5/31/2020 8:11 PM
cv  Find all comments by cv
Watchmanremo other name wrote:
..but at least it's a statement that the [SBC] leadership prayerfully thought through and saw all the evidence before making the statement ..
What it will do....?
Right!

The bible says not to do as the SBC is doing. But then, SBC doesn't have any understanding of the bible anyways.

Sorry Watchman just saw your post to me. Tell me how long was the investigation? I thought they were still ongoing. And yes SBC has ALL the facts? We need to not make a false testimony against anyone. Own that!
All Christians will stand for justice. God is the owner of every life. We should be careful we don't deal unjustly towards anyone. And we can only do that if we seek the truth. Only then can we deal justly.

I don't think well ever see the truth. Because people want a pound of flesh and anything other than that will be a "coverup."

21

News Item5/31/2020 7:59 PM
Watchmanremo other name | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo other name
Mike wrote:
It's a shame anyone thinks so little of humanity that they identify themselves or others by their skin color. It counts for nothing. White pride is racist. Black pride is racist. If you're a human, you get your value from being made in the image of God, not from the color he made you.
SBC' s statement is pandering to the wind.
Very well put Mike, but at least it's a statement that the leadership prayerfully thought through and saw all the evidence before making the statement ..
What it will do....?

As to c.v where is the other evidence going to come from? TELL US. The cop is charged 4 days too late they tried covering it up no ambulance just the police one with bullet proof vest no ecg ...Look what happened on the same day Amy cooper and Christian cooper why aren't people.talking about this even here. It's a clear racial problem own it b4 Jesus! We are all sinners dont cover sins. Regards

20

News Item5/31/2020 7:36 PM
cv  Find all comments by cv
Polish Christian wrote:
When a white person kills a black person, it is an act of racism. When a black person kills a white person, it is an act of social justice. Someone is really determined to prevent President Trump from continuing reviving America during the second term, first the chinese virus, and now some leftist rioting. What a coincidence!
I agree

The looting and rioting has got NOTHING to do with seeking justice. The incident would have been investigated for sure. But it never got to that!

No, it was never about justice. These are lowlifes stirring it up seeing an opportunity to pounce on. Much easier to loot and steal then to work for something.

You cannot pronounce judgement on the police from "videos." Sorry, but you don't have the whole story! if there was an avenue for a proper investigation but was not allowed to take place then nobody can make any call on that until that is allowed.

The rioters are lawless thieves, just that!

No Jimmy, SBC is pandering to the masses.

19

News Item5/31/2020 7:29 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
It's a shame anyone thinks so little of humanity that they identify themselves or others by their skin color. It counts for nothing. White pride is racist. Black pride is racist. If you're a human, you get your value from being made in the image of God, not from the color he made you.

SBC' s statement is pandering to the wind.

18

News Item5/31/2020 7:15 PM
Watchmanremo other name | Australia  Find all comments by Watchmanremo other name
Neil wrote:
Facts about what, racism or manslaughter? I wasn't questioning the latter, only the former. But fortunately for defendants, facts are for juries to decide, not online lynch mobs.
That goes for you too online jury according to Neil the judge. If you haven't seen the evidence that the judge will only use, keep your opinions of history,,, as you said you read ...an expert online lynch expert.
Your spirit is clear...
17

News Item5/31/2020 6:08 PM
Polish Christian | Germany  Find all comments by Polish Christian
When a white person kills a black person, it is an act of racism. When a black person kills a white person, it is an act of social justice. Someone is really determined to prevent President Trump from continuing reviving America during the second term, first the chinese virus, and now some leftist rioting. What a coincidence!
16

News Item5/31/2020 5:17 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Watchmanremo wrote:
All the facts have been seen.
Facts about what, racism or manslaughter? I wasn't questioning the latter, only the former. But fortunately for defendants, facts are for juries to decide, not online lynch mobs.
15
There are a total of 34 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
20,000 emails: Abortion activists flood state officials to...
mike from new york: "email questionnaires created by illinois govt. and sent to ..."
-17 min 
Forbes Scrubs Climate Activist’s Apology Essay from Website
carl in asheville from north carolina: "yeah, telling the truth always upset those..."
-53 min 
SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio Integrates With Android Wear!
anthony scott dietrich from alaska: "scott dietrich provides retirement and..."
-56 min 90 


Mike Allison
Verses Baptists Don't Believe

1 Samuel 15:1-11
Sunday - AM
Madison Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS



Mark Raines
Doing the Word

Exposition of James
Harbor Reformed Baptist...
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Rev. Stephen E. MacKenzie
Click-Bait Christians

Revelation
Fishers of Men Bible...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: Dealing Uprightly with Sinners
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 5,500+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
MyChurch App New!
Watch
Android
MyChurch App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom New!
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.