Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -19 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/15/2019
WEDNESDAY, MAR 21, 2018  |  36 comments
#ChurchToo: Andy Savage Resigns from Megachurch over Past Abuse

Andy Savage, the pastor who disclosed his decades-old assault on a teen in his former youth group to an applauding congregation, stepped down from his position at a Memphis megachurch on Tuesday.

Savage’s January 7 remarks regarding the 1998 incident have launched months of discussion among Christians, coverage in national news media, and an investigation by Highpoint Church, where he served as teaching pastor.

Church leaders had been aware of his misconduct, which had taken place at a church in Houston, prior to hiring him. Though the recent investigation did not uncover further instances of abuse, Highpoint leadership “agrees that Andy’s resignation is appropriate,” the Memphis Commercial-Appeal reported. He has been on leave during the course of the investigation. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianitytoday.com

   10/15/19  |  Christian school governor suspended after questioning LGBT...
   10/15/19  |  83 Percent of evangelical Teens are in Public School
   10/14/19  |  The #EqualityTownHall Was Loud and Clear: We've come a long way... • 1 comments
   10/14/19  |  Booker twists Bible verse to further LGBT agenda • 7 comments
   10/13/19  |  O'Rourke's tax-exempt opposition draws response • 6 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/12/19  |  Beto O’Rourke says churches should lose tax-exempt status for... • 15 comments
   10/11/19  |  In-N-Out Owner Keeps Adding New Bible Verses to Packaging • 5 comments
   10/10/19  |  Planned Parenthood Announces $45 Million Plan To Defeat Trump • 12 comments
   10/09/19  |  Tennessee Gov. Declares Day of Prayer and Fasting: ‘Give Thanks... • 2 comments
   10/06/19  |  UK court rules not using trans pronouns 'incompatible with human... • 2 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 36 user comment(s)
News Item11/12/18 10:23 AM
osama shk | baiyang trail  Contact via emailFind all comments by osama shk
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
36

News Item11/11/18 5:04 AM
osama shk | tech  Contact via emailFind all comments by osama shk
The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
35

News Item3/23/18 11:15 PM
Cora | PA  Find all comments by Cora
John UK wrote:
Bro, I just love reading the antidote to hypercalvinism.
And it is a remarkable thing that the Almighty uses fallible men in the accomplishing of his purposes.
Why are we talking about a non-believing scoundrel in the White House instead of one of our own. E. g. if we must talk about someone's sexual conduct?
34

News Item3/23/18 2:58 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
It's a balancing act on our part. The worse thing we can do is sit on our butts and leave it all to the sovereignty of God as He does use means to accomplish His every purpose
Bro, I just love reading the antidote to hypercalvinism.

And it is a remarkable thing that the Almighty uses fallible men in the accomplishing of his purposes.

33

News Item3/23/18 12:51 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Christopher000 wrote:
Thanks John and Lurker, and for the relevant scriptures.
I get that, but my concern is for those who can be, and are being misled by whoever. Whenever someone becomes a Christian, they're often in immediate error, and remain in those errors because they are dug in on those things they learned at first. Take myself as an example...when I arrived here, you guys and others were correcting pretty much anything I had to say which made me really angry. I almost left because I thought you all were dead wrong, and I was hearing some things for the first time.
Good morning Chris,

Agree with your thoughts. I think what we are saying together is the sovereignty of God and the responsibility of man are two sides of the same coin. Jesus will lose none of His but at the same time we don't know who are His before they are called in mercy. For that reason have an obligation to minister to someone such as LD who is clearly in fatal error yet it isn't our responsibility to convince him of his error. We can go so far but no further without intervention from God.

It's a balancing act on our part. The worse thing we can do is sit on our butts and leave it all to the sovereignty of God as He does use means to accomplish His every purpose

32

News Item3/23/18 11:27 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
Thanks John...those who earnestly seek, will find, but those who are above seeking; above learning and listening, because they already have everything figured out, are dangerous.
Amen, there is a fine line between thinking we have everything figured out and actually having everything figured out. Of course, we never reach perfection of understanding, seeing only through a glass darkly.
31

News Item3/23/18 9:06 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks John...those who earnestly seek, will find, but those who are above seeking; above learning and listening, because they already have everything figured out, are dangerous.
30

News Item3/23/18 7:17 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Good on yer, Christopher.

I know what you are saying is true, as I have experienced it myself during a time in the charismatic movement. Getting together with those of like (heretical) mind has its influence and wastes time for the true Christian and, as you say, causes damage.

But the glorious thing is the grace of God, which is at work in the believer lifelong. He never lets us go and will bring us to the true path, even when we go astray. His love for his elect is such as to protect, guide, teach, and gently steer the right course for us.

God's love and providence is that which kept you on board here, and that is something I rejoice in greatly. Nothing in all creation can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. Praise the Lord!

I think the reason that damage can be done is due to the fact that as Christians we have two natures now, as opposed to the one, sinful nature before conversion. Therefore the "old man" is still active, and it is this side to us that can be the source of many problems. It is the old warfare of spirit and flesh. And much within christendom today panders to the flesh, which inevitably leads to spiritual decline in those who receive it.

29

News Item3/23/18 6:56 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks John and Lurker, and for the relevant scriptures.
I get that, but my concern is for those who can be, and are being misled by whoever. Whenever someone becomes a Christian, they're often in immediate error, and remain in those errors because they are dug in on those things they learned at first. Take myself as an example...when I arrived here, you guys and others were correcting pretty much anything I had to say which made me really angry. I almost left because I thought you all were dead wrong, and I was hearing some things for the first time. Thank God I'm reasonable, listened, and investigated with an open mind. Too many get stuck on, and never stray from what they were taught at first, no matter what's presented to them. I understand that most false teachers believe what they are teaching, and teach in ignorance, but it's wilfull ignorance, I believe, because, again, God's Word is clear on the basics that we need to know. They believe what, and how they choose to, and do just enough twisting, and out of context scripture reading to convince their own selves of their own false doctrines. The problem is that they go on to infect and mislead anyone they can with their version of truth, causing great damage.
28

News Item3/23/18 4:42 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
Good analogy, Chris.
Despite the fact that his teachings are deadly, we are assured he won't lead anyone astray who belonged to the Father and was given to the Son to redeem in time.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Amen Lurker & Chris

John 17:1-2 KJV
(1)  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2)  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 10:27-28 KJV
(27)  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
(28)  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

27

News Item3/23/18 12:20 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Christopher000 wrote:
Hey Lurker, that's ok, I actually forgot about it anyway.
Imagine walking into a Kingdom hall, a Mormon Tabernacle, or even any Christian denominational church...take your pick, whoever and wherever, and snickering at everyone while telling them how deceived they are, that they're hell-bound, a bunch of fools, that their time is about up, and that they're gonna find out real soon what a bunch of bafoons they are, and then turning around and walking back out the door.
I don't view this person's approach as being any different than what I just described.
Say he was in fact right on every point...I think his militant, Pharisitical, and condescending approach, along with the apparent lack of any sort of concern or love for the "lost" would earn him a place right alongside those he condemns.
Good analogy, Chris.

Despite the fact that his teachings are deadly, we are assured he won't lead anyone astray who belonged to the Father and was given to the Son to redeem in time.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

26

News Item3/22/18 9:53 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hey Lurker, that's ok, I actually forgot about it anyway.
Imagine walking into a Kingdom hall, a Mormon Tabernacle, or even any Christian denominational church...take your pick, whoever and wherever, and snickering at everyone while telling them how deceived they are, that they're hell-bound, a bunch of fools, that their time is about up, and that they're gonna find out real soon what a bunch of bafoons they are, and then turning around and walking back out the door.
I don't view this person's approach as being any different than what I just described.
Say he was in fact right on every point...I think his militant, Pharisitical, and condescending approach, along with the apparent lack of any sort of concern or love for the "lost" would earn him a place right alongside those he condemns.
25

News Item3/22/18 8:18 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Dr. Tim wrote:
I believe Lie Detector is a neutered bull moose who got heartburn from eating too many possum tamales. You have to read between the lines, and even between the words, with your left eye closed and your right one sorta squeenched up to see what I'm talking about, but it's pretty obvious once you do that.
Ha!
Christopher000 wrote:
Seems he's saying that we use Christ's sacrifice as an excuse to sin, and that it doesn't matter either way because we've been covered?
Hey Chris,

I wasn't ignoring your comment.... just didn't have time to get to it.

Yeah, it's fairly typical for people who don't have a good defense for what they believe, or a good offense for what they reject, to launch silly and totally unfounded caricaturizations of that which they oppose. Like you pointed out, if LD was really sure we are all hell bent, why the hit and run attacks? Where is the concern for souls in his model of spreading his message? He claims we are all lost and blind as bats but won't lift a finger to convince us of our errors....... oh, other than launch his flimsy and baseless attacks.

24

News Item3/22/18 7:32 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
James Wrote:
An open bible paired with a heart that desires the truth in love will never be denied.

Thanks James...a closed mind can be a very dangerous thing.

23

News Item3/22/18 8:32 AM
James Thomad | Fla  Find all comments by James Thomad
Christopher000 wrote:
Hey Lurker, I got through half of the video, and I see what you're saying, and what John has said. Seems the flavor is that we must, do, do do, in order to enter into Heaven and not be cast away. The fact is that we will do, do, do as a part of being obediant, and as an outward expression of our love for Him and what He has done. However, we can do, do do, all day long, but that alone has never, and will never save anyone. Seems he's saying that we use Christ's sacrifice as an excuse to sin, and that it doesn't matter either way because we've been covered? I still have to listen to the rest. Seems he thinks he has everyone here all figured out, but not really.
Sad state for sure Bro Chris.

An open bible paired with a heart that desires the truth in love will never be denied.

Psalms 116:12
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

22

News Item3/22/18 7:41 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hey Lurker, I got through half of the video, and I see what you're saying, and what John has said. Seems the flavor is that we must, do, do do, in order to enter into Heaven and not be cast away. The fact is that we will do, do, do as a part of being obediant, and as an outward expression of our love for Him and what He has done. However, we can do, do do, all day long, but that alone has never, and will never save anyone. Seems he's saying that we use Christ's sacrifice as an excuse to sin, and that it doesn't matter either way because we've been covered? I still have to listen to the rest. Seems he thinks he has everyone here all figured out, but not really.
21

News Item3/22/18 12:33 AM
Dr. Tim | Land of Cotton  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
I believe Lie Detector is a neutered bull moose who got heartburn from eating too many possum tamales. You have to read between the lines, and even between the words, with your left eye closed and your right one sorta squeenched up to see what I'm talking about, but it's pretty obvious once you do that.
20

News Item3/21/18 9:09 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Lurker, will take a look tomorrow. I was going with what John always says about being female.
19

News Item3/21/18 8:38 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Christopher000 wrote:
Ms. Lie detector has been popping in for a long time just to say how much she hates everyone here, and how everyone here, and sitewide, are not only deceived, but filthy, Hell-bound liars.
Personally, I wish she would expound a bit so that I could understand where she's coming from better, and to find out how one is saved, according to her.
I believe Mzzzzz Lie Detector is actually Collin Retkowski. I found this 25 minute YouTube video from one of his earlier posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LsiG3mG2k

It's sad to listen to because he rejects the righteousness of Christ and attempts to teach we are to establish our own righteousness of which Paul condemned:

Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

To reject the righteousness of Christ is to reject Christ...... plain and simple.

18

News Item3/21/18 8:13 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Kev, that's a much more fruitful and reasonable response than what I chose to say.
17
There are a total of 36 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
‘You won’t need ethics to work here’, says gambling company
agen bola sbobet from jakarta: "thanks for this articel, so enjoy it and help us..."
-30 min 43 
Booker twists Bible verse to further LGBT agenda
wayfarer pilgrim from lubbock, tx: "to not purposely demonstrate the context of the..."
-3 hrs 
Trump talks religious freedom, Kavanaugh, impeachment at...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "jim, i once tead a tract that suits you perfectly...."
-3 hrs 


Joey Faust
The Deceived Woman

Ecclesiastes 7:25, Proverbs...
Sunday Service
Long Run Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Hourly: Martyrs: Opening Services III
Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley
Sermons of Dr. Ian Paisley
Staff Picks..

Kevin Swanson
The Joker - Movie Review

Is this a Comedy or Tragedy?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Stephen MacKenzie
Can Gays Be Saved?

Romans
Fishers of Men Bible...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: Restoring the Hopeless:..
Drew McKeown

SPONSOR | 5,200+

SPONSOR




                   
If men are prepared to die they are ready for anything. ... J. A. Alexander


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories