Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 min
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/31/2020
THURSDAY, DEC 14, 2017  |  161 comments
RC Sproul Hospitalized Over Breathing Difficulties; Remains 'Critically Ill,' on Ventilator

Noted Reformed theologian and founder of Ligonier Ministries R.C. Sproul has been hospitalized due to breathing problems and as of Tuesday remains in critical condition.

On its website, Ligonier reported Dec. 3 that Sproul had been hospitalized on Dec. 2 because of "respiratory difficulties," listing him as being "in guarded condition at the intensive care unit and receiving expert care and attention."

"The doctors believe this is not pneumonia, but an exacerbation of his emphysema due to the flu so he has been put on a ventilator to help his breathing. Thank you for praying for his recovery," noted the Ligonier blog entry. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

Special Word from SermonAudio
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Letters from Listeners 2008 • Pastor Joseph LoSardo | 1/4/2009
•  Special Word from SermonAudioBill Noonkesser | 8/1/2014
•  Doing Something More For GodRev Ian Brown | 4/10/2009

   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  Special Report: SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to...
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 36 comments
   10/06/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: FTP Access Allows Uploading Sermons in Batch • 5 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to Portland
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 36 comments
   10/06/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: FTP Access Allows Uploading Sermons in Batch • 5 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 161 user comment(s)
News Item12/21/17 6:05 PM
Dr. Tim | Southern U.S.  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
One of the greatest Christmas songs of all time was "Christmas Don't Be Late." It came out when I was four years old, and to this very day I still want a hula hoop. I guess that makes me an Alvinist.
161

News Item12/21/17 1:29 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Brother Rodney.
160

News Item12/21/17 8:57 AM
Rodney K. | Tennessee  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rodney K.
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
It is time to seriously evaluate some these Christmas songs...
Good morning, Bro. US!

Here's a Christmas song that we introduced to our church this year. I think it does a good job of placing the incarnation in it's proper context.

1 O sing a song of Bethlehem,
of shepherds watching there,
and of the news that came to them
from angels in the air.
The light that shone on Bethlehem
fills all the world today.
Of Jesus' birth and peace on earth
the angels sing alway.

2 O sing a song of Nazareth,
of sunny days of joy;
O sing of fragrant flowers' breath,
and of the sinless boy.
For now the flowers of Nazareth
in every heart may grow.
Now spreads the fame of his dear name
on all the winds that blow.

3 O sing a song of Galilee,
of lake and woods and hill,
of him who walked upon the sea
and bade its waves be still.
For though, like waves on Galilee,
dark seas of trouble roll,
when faith has heard the Master's word,
falls peace upon the soul.

4 O sing a song of Calvary,
its glory and dismay,
of him who hung upon the tree,
and took our sins away.
For he who died on Calvary
is risen from the grave,
and Christ, our Lord, by heaven adored,
is mighty now to save.

159

News Item12/21/17 7:28 AM
Unprofitable Servant | a break in the action  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
It is time to seriously evaluate some these Christmas songs

First, why are they scaring the children by telling them that someone who's been stalking them all year is going to break into their house?

Then threatening them with the prospect of the soon return of Frosty the Snowman, what kind of snow job is that?

Plus, parents don't fall for this now, they're trying to turn every Mother's child into a spy for the FAA!!

It is Rudolf's fault. If he had studied for his exam, he would not have gone down in History.

Really, now, it is so cold that the ground is covered with deep snow over which you are traversing in an open vehicle. The swift wind is biting at your face and toes and as the cold engulfs your body you also are enduring a constant ringing in your ears. This is somebody's idea of fun???

Also one song talks about scary ghost stories from past long ago Christmas time, what in the Dickens are they talking about?

and here's a new "pc" version for all the BLM protesters

I'm dreaming of a green Christmas, just like the one we had last year, where the kids are playing and outside staying because of the warm temperature. I'm dreaming of a green Christmas with every Christmas card I've seen, may your days be merry and keen and may all your Christmas' be g

158

News Item12/21/17 7:16 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Christopher000 from Rhode Island writes:
Sister L...I've been biting my tongue, but hey, you know me...can't keep the trap shut, so please dont take offense.

Scratch that...no need to answer. I'm sure you have your reasons.

157

News Item12/21/17 6:53 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Sister L...I've been biting my tongue, but hey, you know me...can't keep the trap shut, so please dont take offense.
How did you come up with Michael H? Did you feel you noticed a similar commenting/positional style from the past, or something else?
Just curious about that, but what I really wanted to say is that even if it is or not, many of us have slipped a name change in at least once at some point over time, and some have completely re-invented themselves. I don't understand why you keep leading off with Michael H as if he's being deceptive. He hasn't answered yes or no, so no lies involved, and he's stuck with the single name.
I'm just curious, and not getting on your case or anything like that. I was just wondering what the response would be if he said he was and what the difference would be.
Hope you have a wonderful day today...
156

News Item12/21/17 1:37 AM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
Michael H, you state 'Well you got that right
and if I might add one thing, there are probably plenty
I'll leave you all with this:
Romans 1:14-2:3 flows into
Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness (goodness) is meant to lead you to repentance?
Romans 2:4".............

There are probably plenty of what MH?

Also, what does Romans 1:14- 2:3 have to do with the previous topic of the dead in sin sinner rebelling, loving darkness, etc? No one is debating God's kindness that leads sinners to repentance. Please explain your point in posting those verses.

155

News Item12/20/17 9:53 PM
Connor7  Contact via emailFind all comments by Connor7
You said, " Is God really experientially knowable for any born again child of God, or only those of elite scholarship?" This has nothing to do with the topic, I don't really know what you mean by "experientially" I feel God's presence every day; and I do not consider myself an elite,.

"I think it is safe to say the Lord Jesus Christ spoke to us of a Father who is intimately and wonderfully knowable not as an "abstract" and complicated set of theological principles" you seem to have a notion that those who adhere to Calvinism can't love God, or can't have a sweet relationship with him, um, you cannot read The Pilgrim's Progress without seeing that John Bunyan had a great love of God...Bunyan spent 10 years in jail because of his love of God, you might want to read up on Church history.

Michael, what is your anthropology of man?

154

News Item12/20/17 9:39 PM
Connor7  Find all comments by Connor7
I've been quoted a few times, so I want to take this time to respond. In 1 John 2, the apostle John is not trying to tell his audience that Jesus bore the wrath of God for everyone, that would go in direct opposition to what he said in 1 John 6:44, and other scriptures

So I did not ignore your premise as you said I did; furthermore, prayer does not determine who will and will not be saved; God elects whom He wills according to His wisdom. Now we are commanded to still pray for the salvation of people. Why? because we are commanded to, and we don't know the decreetive will of God, we don't know whom He has elected.

you mentioned a passage in Matthew, "For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn [repent], and I would heal them.’
Matthew 15:14,15

I looked at Matthew 15:14,15 & this is what it says, "14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15, Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable." This is a passage that supports the Calvinist position (The people are blind). (Cont.)

153

News Item12/20/17 2:51 PM
Another Michael | Among the Heartbroken Remnant  Find all comments by Another Michael
Ladybug wrote:
Sinners are dull, sinners reject, sinners disobey, sinners rebel.
Well you got that right
and if I might add one thing, there are probably plenty

Sinners do hate the light, even as fools despise wisdom and instruction

I'll leave you all with this:
Romans 1:14-2:3 flows into
Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness (goodness) is meant to lead you to repentance?
Romans 2:4

Kev wrote:
Who hardens the heart and stops the ears and gives a spirit of slumber to men? God does according to his word. I know that enraged you.
Romans 11:8
Kev
Just because I don't immediately comment doesn't mean I don't know such things ... and in a proper context as well

Including
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
Isaiah 66:5

And BTW don't flatter yourself as your "I know that enraged you" didn't

Good Day

152

News Item12/20/17 2:28 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
Michael H.

You are all over the place with your comments, evading the issue, taking scripture out of context, etc. The verses you quoted in your latest comment have not one thing to do with the original topic I confronted you over. You keep attempting to sidetrack, going down rabbit trails, etc. Those verses do not pertain to the original questions you were asked.

May God grant you ears to hear, for every comment you post proves you haven't a right understanding.

Sinners are dull, sinners reject, sinners disobey, sinners rebel. They all do so for the same reason- the sin nature inherited from Adam, the bondage to sin, the love of that bondage/darkness. Thus, God MUST draw, God MUST open the understanding, God MUST quicken, grant repentance, faith, etc.

The one verse in all of the Bible that clearly states salvation is all of God and NONE of man is Ephesians 2:8-9....grace is the means of God saving, grace is the means of all that He does to save wretched sinners. Apart from grace all will continue on in their dullness, rebellion, rejection, and unbelief. Praise the Lord for those who tremble at His word, and desire to rightly divide His truth. Not using God's truth to uphold their erroneous theology, but seeking wisdom, understanding and knowledge from Him.

151

News Item12/20/17 2:22 PM
Kev | US  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kev
Another Michael wrote:
Ladybug you keep saying things like its 'because they are predestined to', 'because they are not of the elect' while Jesus Christ says its because their hearts have grown dull.
I’m sorry Michael my post belongs to this comment. I like how you complained about where I put the comment to sidetrack from what was in the comment.

AM your comment made no sense at all. Who hardens the heart and stops the ears and gives a spirit of slumber to men? God does according to his word. I know that enraged you.
Romans 11:8
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.
God has to give a heart to believe!
Deut 29
Deuteronomy 29:4
Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
Luke 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Jesus spoke to some in parables so they might not see. This is the Jesus of the Bible. When someone didn’t hear Jesus’s words He simply said they hear not because they are not of my sheep.

150

News Item12/20/17 2:19 PM
Another Michael | Among the Outcasts  Find all comments by Another Michael
Ladybug wrote:
You respond with links
How about using the Bible Michael H.
I did and you brushed it off.

Will you break my heart and do the same with this:
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34,35

You accuse me of sidetracking the issue; but Scripture doesn't because:

Jesus Himself saying
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:37-40

In light of this reality it ought to be no surprise the Holy Spirit moved Paul to write:
But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.

So, if you hate your brother...

149

News Item12/20/17 2:02 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
You respond with links

How about using the Bible Michael H. Sinners are dull, why? Let me help you out...
Joh 10:26, 27-  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me'
John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw [literally 'drag' in the original] him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 
John 6:65 'And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father'

NO sinner comes to Christ and is saved apart from the work of the triune God. ALL love darkness, all are born depraved, God hating vile wicked sinners. All love darkness and will never come to the light. The bondage of sin enslaves the sinner, and they love to have it so.
John 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 

The word of God is the only source of truth

Luke 24:45  'Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures'- May He do the same for you Michael Hranek

148

News Item12/20/17 1:51 PM
Another Michael | Among the Heartbroken Remnant  Find all comments by Another Michael
Ladybug wrote:
Michael Hranek
Let's stop with the rabbit trails
Dearest Ladybug
No! You claim to follow Jesus
And I find in you a stunning absence of loving, kind words about Him.

In my words here you seem to speak much of the Sovereignty of God, and He completely and entirely sovereign but show IMHO little reverence or love, if at all, towards Him or often to those He died to save.

Tell you what watch/listen to these songs and consider just what kind of love and real truth you have or don't in your belief system [Hint: Jesus does say take the log out of your own eye first_my words here: or you might be jello]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jABcYKhDrI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bus6j8tFXM8

The Steeple Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkHmmEPejQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtWhnZU2Xo

Again you claim to follow Christ, well can you learn from His servants or not?
So I would you recommend listen to:

Five Steps to Genuine Revival
by Dr. Ian Paisley
https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=6723

And critique his sermon and inform all of us of how Biblical or not you see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANiveIKVX0

147

News Item12/20/17 1:30 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
Michael Hranek
Let's stop with the rabbit trails.

Now, here are your own words...

Connor7 wrote:
if Jesus bore the wrath of God for everyone, why does anyone go to Hell?
Connor7
Because they reject the Truth, because they hate and reject the Son; because they do not have the Son; because they hear but do not act upon His words; because they do not obey the Gospel and do not do the will of the Father"....

Now Michael H., tell us why sinners rebel. What causes this rebellion?

You also claim Christ died for all, with that said, I ask you this, did Christ die for the sin of unbelief?

Your refusal to answer straightforward signifies a great deal. You delight in going off-topic, in bringing up things that aren't even remotely close to what you are being asked.

In your previous moniker, 'Michael Hranek', you had no problem spewing out your free will theology. Why the attempt now at being so elusive and evasive?

146

News Item12/20/17 12:46 PM
Another Michael | Among the Heartbroken Remnant  Find all comments by Another Michael
Ladybug wrote:
Michael Hranek
I don't follow Paisley, I follow Christ. The context of 1 John is not the present issue is it?
We are not discussing revival, we are discussing your views that Christ died for all, and your statement that sinners refuse to obey, believe, etc.
Dearest Ladybug, as respectfully as I might; I am not trying to offend you. I am heartbroken for you. No! We are not actually "discussing" my views are we

You have just claimed to follow Christ. Is that correct? Did I read you clearly?

So, you would claim to believe Jesus? That He knows and tells us the Truth, right? And He is the One the Father sent to save sinners, right?

“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.”

[Why, Jesus?]

For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn [repent], and I would heal them.’
Matthew 15:14,15

Ladybug you keep saying things like its 'because they are predestined to', 'because they are not of the elect' while Jesus Christ says its because their hearts have grown dull.

145

News Item12/20/17 11:00 AM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
Michael Hranek

I don't follow Paisley, I follow Christ. The context of 1 John is not the present issue is it?
We are not discussing revival, we are discussing your views that Christ died for all, and your statement that sinners refuse to obey, believe, etc.

Now, did Christ die for the sin of unbelief?
What is the root cause of sinners rebellion? Please, refrain from rabbit trails and simply answer the questions presented. Now, if you do not want to engage, then simply say so. Do not muddy the waters by including off topic events. Ian Paisley is not what is being questioned or discussed, your views are what are in question here.

Faulty theology weakens the body of Christ, refusal to accept correction also weakens the body. Yet, we have some here who do just that - cling to error and reject correction. Revival will not come as long as these things exist and go unchanged.

BTW, Paisley held to the doctrines of grace, from the church he founded -http://www.freepresbyterian.org/beliefs/
This is also made available from their site -http://www.freepresbyterian.org/5-solas/

144

News Item12/20/17 10:48 AM
Another Michael | Among the Outcasts  Find all comments by Another Michael
Ladybug wrote:
Another Michael
It's strange how you
Dear Ladybug
It is quite "strange" (your word) that your "beliefs" are so different from the late Dr. Ian Paisley's as expressed in:

Five Steps to Genuine Revival
by Dr. Ian Paisley
https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=6723
Which is one of a much listened to and commented SA's must hear starters

Why is that?

BTW the whole context about 1 John 1:7 says,

5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:5-10

Maybe there hasn't been the fervency of Dr. Ian Paisley in our praying

143

News Item12/20/17 10:13 AM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
Another Michael

It's strange how you refuse to give straightforward answers.

in 1 John 1:7 it states Christ's blood cleanses us from ALL sin - if that be so, and it is, then how is it you state His blood cleanses the unregenerate? Did Christ die for the sin of unbelief?

Christ's blood also redeems, as well as atones. Now, if He has atoned for sin, making restitution, and if He is the propitiation, or satisfaction, that would mean all of God's wrath was poured out on Him. There's no more wrath remaining to be poured out; now if that were for all, then by your theology, all go to heaven without exception. We know this isn't true, for John 3:36 clearly states God's wrath abides on all who do not believe. So, there is wrath remaining for the unbeliever. If they die in their unbelief, how is it Christ atoned for their sins?

Why do unbelievers not obey, not believe, etc? What is the root cause of all this rebellion?

BTW, I assume since you did NOT answer, then you are Michael Hranek, who used to post at length here defending free will and all that that theology entails.

142
There are a total of 161 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | last
Last PostTotal
Ballot Initiatives Could Tighten Abortion Laws in Colorado,...
the quiet christian: "while the recent confirmation is comforting in a sense, these..."
-1 hrs 
Nearly half of Gen Z Americans view socialism favorably: survey
the quiet christian: "but a key component is the gospel. not the theraputic gospel...."
-1 hrs 
'I Was Wrong': Albert Mohler Says He's Voting for Trump
mike from new york: " jim lincoln excerpt from, 'at least never trumpers stood..."
-4 hrs 28 




Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05

Dr. James M. Phillips
#174 The Real Islam & the..

Systematic Theology 2017
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Chris Hand
Signs & Symptoms (2)

Heaven's Treasure Seekers
Crich Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Election Sermon 2020

If My People Called By My Name
Reformation Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Connect with Thousands of Pastors

Join the Larg­est Online Comm­un­ity & Mess­age Board for Min­istry. Disc­uss COVID & More.
https://churchanswers.com/f..

Sermon:
Hear Him
Shawn Reynolds

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Portland, OR
  31   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV New!
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP New!
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.