Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -54 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  9/20/2020
SATURDAY, FEB 21, 2009  |  28 comments
ELCA Lutherans propose allowing 'gay' pastors
One of the nation's largest Protestant denominations would allow gay clergy in committed relationships to pastor local churches, under a new proposal from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

Officially, all unmarried clergy in the 4.9 million-member denomination must remain celibate. But since 2007, Lutheran bishops have agreed not to discipline gay clergy who are sexually active.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.tennessean.com

Attitude Toward Homosexuality?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  God's View of Homosexuality, 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/8/2010
•  Homosexuality and the Bible • Rosaria Butterfield | 10/5/2013
•  The Bible and Homosexuality • Dr. Stephen Jones | 4/9/2007
•  The Sin of Sodom • Voddie Baucham | 1/18/2009

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 7 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/13/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v1.7 for All Broadcasters! • 7 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 3 comments
   08/12/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.0 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 37 comments
   07/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Spread The Net: Cross Publish Sermons to Social... • 2 comments
   06/20/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Pearl Mountain Coffee, 100% Profits to Mission • 6 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/13/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v1.7 for All Broadcasters! • 7 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 3 comments
   08/12/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.0 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 37 comments
   07/10/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: New Overview Page for Dashboard
   07/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Spread The Net: Cross Publish Sermons to Social... • 2 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 28 user comment(s)
News Item3/9/09 1:53 AM
Vogue | Dallas, TX  Find all comments by Vogue
Republican wrote:
Congress controls the purse strings, and if you are referring to Clinton's surplus, it was a Republican congress that enabled that to happen.
Democrats are TAX and SPEND. Look at history.
The Republican party did not make the surplus happen, it was the genius of Bill Clinton and his policies that made it happen! The Republicans ahd no choice but to go along as they NEVER have any answers for the economy. check your history.
28

News Item3/7/09 11:35 AM
Republican  Find all comments by Republican
Mike wrote:
It's how they buy their elections. They promise to give back some of the money they stole, and play-act at being worried about the "disadvantaged," "Vote for me, and I'll give you some gifts of what I took from you. Vote for me, and I'll raise taxes on the rich" (Class envy time, a Democrat playbook rule) This is where the "disadvantaged" cheer, not knowing it won't make them pay less just because someone else pays more, but it sounds good to the naive, doesn't it? Meanwhile the government gets bloated, and buffoons run more and more of our lives.
YES! And the people perish for lack of knowledge.

Woe be unto those who will not be informed, and the rest suffer alongside.

27

News Item3/7/09 10:42 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Republican wrote:
Congress controls the purse strings, and if you are referring to Clinton's surplus, it was a Republican congress that enabled that to happen.
Democrats are TAX and SPEND. Look at history.
It's how they buy their elections. They promise to give back some of the money they stole, and play-act at being worried about the "disadvantaged," "Vote for me, and I'll give you some gifts of what I took from you. Vote for me, and I'll raise taxes on the rich" (Class envy time, a Democrat playbook rule) This is where the "disadvantaged" cheer, not knowing it won't make them pay less just because someone else pays more, but it sounds good to the naive, doesn't it? Meanwhile the government gets bloated, and buffoons run more and more of our lives.
26

News Item3/6/09 9:20 PM
Republican  Find all comments by Republican
Vogue wrote:
Remember, it is the Democratic Party, not the Republicans that is known for having a surplus in the financial arena whenever they leave office
Congress controls the purse strings, and if you are referring to Clinton's surplus, it was a Republican congress that enabled that to happen.

Democrats are TAX and SPEND. Look at history.

25

News Item3/6/09 8:30 PM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
PS he won't be able to sustain "It's all Bush's fault" for long. Then his emotion driven fans will look for a new king.[/QUOTE]Mike:

We all know that Bush messed up the economy! While any new President must accept what has been handed to him, let us not expect a 5 week miracle given what the previous administration did in 8 years!

I am very confident that Barack Obama and the Democratic Party can cause the economy to bounce back again......in time!

Remember, it is the Democratic Party, not the Republicans that is known for having a surplus in the financial arena whenever they leave office.

At 50 billion a month from China, our grand children and their children will have the unfortunate burden of paying off this Rebuplican based debt.

24

News Item3/6/09 6:14 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Vogue wrote:
Mike:
I stand by my previous post. Additionally, I would strongly suggest that you pray and ask the Lord to help you to overcome your obvious bitterness.
I am going to pray hard for the President concerning those things that I strongly disagree with him about, but I don't need to trash him or to become jealous or bitter!
As for the stimulus, he didn't need to use "fear" where fear was already apparent when a certain president named GWB messed up the economy due to his criminal acts and incompetence!
Bitter? No. Angry, yes.

Let me help you out, Vogue. The fall of the economy since the election is unprecedented, and is based on a complete lack of confidence in the pronouncements out of Washington. Have you not noticed how the market responds to every speech the president makes, by falling even further? You think there is no connection between his promise to wreck the economy by killing small business and going socialist, and how those who run businesses and make jobs respond? When will the Obama worshippers wake up?

PS he won't be able to sustain "It's all Bush's fault" for long. Then his emotion driven fans will look for a new king.

23

News Item3/6/09 1:04 PM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
Mike wrote:
No gift needed. What did he talk to get elected? Hope. What did he talk to get "stimulus"? Fear. His words, however well-spoken, shouldn't be believed. His deeds, however foolish, tell us who he is. If you can't see into his heart, take the blinders off.
Mike:

I stand by my previous post. Additionally, I would strongly suggest that you pray and ask the Lord to help you to overcome your obvious bitterness.

I am going to pray hard for the President concerning those things that I strongly disagree with him about, but I don't need to trash him or to become jealous or bitter!

As for the stimulus, he didn't need to use "fear" where fear was already apparent when a certain president named GWB messed up the economy due to his criminal acts and incompetence!

22

News Item3/6/09 9:54 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Vogue wrote:
I disagree with your premise. I haven't seen his hypocrisy mainly because I can't see into his heart and soul. Wow! That is some kind of "gift" you have.
No gift needed. What did he talk to get elected? Hope. What did he talk to get "stimulus"? Fear. His words, however well-spoken, shouldn't be believed. His deeds, however foolish, tell us who he is. If you can't see into his heart, take the blinders off.
21

News Item3/6/09 1:37 AM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
Michael Hranek wrote:
Vogue
If by this, there you have it, you mean Obama has shown us he is a crafty dishonest hypocrit sure. Wow! Giving a statement at the "church" of one of the foremost false teachers of our day, Rick Warren's??? IMHO Any church faithful to Christ would have clearly told this supporter of partial birth murder that he was not welcome to address their congregation.
And if makes me pause to consider that since God is Sovereign has indeed rules over kings what kind of people has God saw fit to reward with such a "messiah"? Somehow I cannot believe it is a people who if faithful to Him and to His word.
I disagree with your premise. I haven't seen his hypocrisy mainly because I can't see into his heart and soul. Wow! That is some kind of "gift" you have.
20

News Item3/2/09 8:37 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Nie wrote:
It's quite sad that the same "few" come constantly in these rooms day in and day out. I believe others would like to come in the rooms here but, no doubt, feel the same way I do. I may add, that much of what is "argued in these rooms" is not edifying at all. Please do not monopolize these rooms any longer.
Thank You
You're welcome. Literally. So if you don't post, you alone are personally responsible. Unless you have been predestined not to post, of course. In which case you cannot help yourself, but you are responsible anyway.

Seriously, if you can type, you can post. No one is stopping you.

19

News Item3/2/09 8:22 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Nie wrote:
It's quite sad that the same "few" come constantly in these rooms day in and day out. I believe others would like to come in the rooms here but, no doubt, feel the same way I do. I may add, that much of what is "argued in these rooms" is not edifying at all. Please do not monopolize these rooms any longer.
Thank You
Nie
You said: "I believe others would like to come in the rooms here but, no doubt, feel the same way I do."

So how do you feel? Unable to post because others are posting? You want the whole thing to yourself? Besides, if others like yourself do not post, then it always will be the same old posters all the time. Get a grip, play the man, and stick up your points. There's loads of different surveys to have a go at, plus news items, responses to sermons.

Do stop lurking and lamenting the fact that others post when you are lurking and doing nothing.

In fact, I encourage you to post something edifying, seeing as you think we are not being edified.

Tell you what, as I'm busy now for several hours, why not take my place and post something useful about Cornelius over on the "Issue" thread?

18

News Item3/2/09 7:12 AM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
Nie wrote:
It's quite sad that the same "few" come constantly in these rooms day in and day out. I believe others would like to come in the rooms here but, no doubt, feel the same way I do. I may add, that much of what is "argued in these rooms" is not edifying at all. Please do not monopolize these rooms any longer.
Thank You
Righty-O!, *Nie*

Just for you, I won't be posting here regularly any longer.

BTW, these are message boards, not [chat] "rooms."

17

News Item3/1/09 10:04 PM
Nie | USA  Find all comments by Nie
It's quite sad that the same "few" come constantly in these rooms day in and day out. I believe others would like to come in the rooms here but, no doubt, feel the same way I do. I may add, that much of what is "argued in these rooms" is not edifying at all. Please do not monopolize these rooms any longer.

Thank You

16

News Item3/1/09 9:59 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Vogue/Wayne- you failed to read the WHOLE story...Obama supports civil unions. It's all about the wording, for example, we no longer call them 'homosexual', they are 'gay'...it's less offensive. It's subtlety at its finest.
You don't seem to be able to comprehend this fact, Obama supports two men or two women living in sin, committing abominations against a Holy God, he's okay with that. He just isn't comfortable with calling it marriage. Obama's playing a 'word game', trying to appease others with his stance.
Almighty God DETESTS the act of homosexuality, no matter what you may call it...the Great I Am calls it 'an abomination. Those who condone this are taking a stance against God and what His word says, regardless of how many 'smooth words' one may use.
BTW- I never supported Bush, or McCain. You need not say such things unless you have some sort of proof.
15

News Item3/1/09 8:56 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Find all comments by Michael Hranek
Vogue wrote:
There you have it! Barack Obama has told you and the world that he believes that "Marriage" is between one man and one woman! He also said that at the RW Forum last August.
Vogue
If by this, there you have it, you mean Obama has shown us he is a crafty dishonest hypocrit sure. Wow! Giving a statement at the "church" of one of the foremost false teachers of our day, Rick Warren's??? IMHO Any church faithful to Christ would have clearly told this supporter of partial birth murder that he was not welcome to address their congregation.

And if makes me pause to consider that since God is Sovereign has indeed rules over kings what kind of people has God saw fit to reward with such a "messiah"? Somehow I cannot believe it is a people who if faithful to Him and to His word.

14

News Item3/1/09 8:21 PM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
Lyn:

There you have it! Barack Obama has told you and the world that he believes that "Marriage" is between one man and one woman! He also said that at the RW Forum last August.

His position is no different than GWB, John McCain, and many other past Presidents that you and others have supported.

As for the abortion debate, I have stated my position while disagreeing with the President's position. However, I still support him as the "God-Ordained" leader of our Country and will pray fervently for him that, God will do a mighty work in this man. Will you and other critics join me and thousands of others?

13

News Item2/28/09 10:39 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Vogue/Dallas Tx/California/Wayne/So. California~ here is Obama's stance on homosexuality, from http://hottopics.gay.com/2009/01/obama-samesex-marriage.html
reporter-do you have a position on marriage vs. civil unions?

Barak Obama-'I am a fierce supporter of domestic partnership and civil union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that's true in the African American community, for example..'

Barak Obama-'What I'm saying is that strategically, I think we can get civil unions passed. I think we can get sb 101 passed.

So Vogue/Wayne, tell us, how does this stance supporting 'civil unions', which is the same as 'same sex marriage' line up with scripture?
As for abortion, God hates the shedding of innocent blood {Proverbs 6:17}
Don't forget, 'thou shalt not murder'.
Enough said

All the wisdom in the world is useless w/o true genuine salvation, being born
from above.

As for your moniker, how is it you claim to be from Southern Cal., then California, and now Texas? Have you moved since last fall?

12

News Item2/28/09 9:41 PM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
[Removed by SermonAudio.com]
11

News Item2/28/09 1:16 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Vogue/DallasTx/Wayne/So.Cal., who knows John MacArthur personally, and whose wife attended the Master's College; You think it's a sad day in America because the Lutheran Church are allowing gay pastors, yet you defend a President who condones homosexuality as well as abortion? Is that not equally as sad? You defend one, and condemn the other...is that not hypocritical?
10

News Item2/28/09 1:02 PM
Vogue | Dallas, Texas  Find all comments by Vogue
What a sad day in America that, we will allow men who claim to be "men of God", to try to lead people in the matters of God and holiness? What a complete joke!

I don't get people sometimes. The Bible is so true when it says in Jeremiah 17:9: "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Here you have been who are confused about who they are, and yet we are suppose to believe that they can help others know themselves as well as God. May the Lord have mercy on His church and on America! We are sick indeed.

9
There are a total of 28 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
CDC Director Ripped Over Claim On Mask Effectiveness: ‘Does He...
mike from new york: "submission to, and adaptation to ungodly culture and its..."
-10 min 39 
‘Worship Protests’ Are Bringing Revival To America’s Troubled...
minmax: "good articles in the forum so readers can know more about life, thank you..."
-24 min 
Supreme Court Allows Trump Trans Soldiers Ban
minmax: "good articles in the forum so readers can know more about life, thank you..."
-26 min 10 



Conrad Mbewe
PowerClip: Devotion To Prayer

Kinetic Type Sermon Clips
Sermon Clip
SermonAudio Classics
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Dr. M. Keith Foskey
Peccability vs Impeccability

Overview of Christian Theology
Sovereign Grace Family...
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Mike Gillen
The Vineyard Became Wild

Victory Free Will Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Stephen Holland
The Evil of Abortion

Studies in the Psalms
Westhoughton Evangelical
Play! | MP3

Pastor James Mansfield
Follow The Ark

The Ark Of The Covenant
Bethel Baptist Chapel
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Religious Confusion Church..
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 9,100+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.