Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/1/2020
Choice News SUNDAY, NOV 23, 2008  |  86 comments
Vatican forgives John Lennon for Jesus remark

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The Vatican's newspaper has finally forgiven John Lennon for declaring that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, calling the remark a "boast" by a young man grappling with sudden fame.

The comment by Lennon to a London newspaper in 1966 infuriated Christians, particularly in the United States, some of whom burned Beatles' albums in huge pyres.

But time apparently heals all wounds.

"The remark by John Lennon, which triggered deep indignation mainly in the United States, after many years sounds only like a 'boast' by a young working-class Englishman faced with unexpected success, after growing up in the legend of Elvis and rock and roll," Vatican daily Osservatore Romano said. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
music.yahoo.com

   10/01/20  |  Atheists and Agnostics Far More Likely to Be on Political Left... • 4 comments
   10/01/20  |  Conservative Clergy of Color slams Kamala Harris for praising... • 3 comments
   10/01/20  |  Smaller churches struggle to livestream their services on YouTube • 3 comments
   09/30/20  |  Media attacks Amy Coney Barrett’s affiliation with Christian... • 13 comments
   09/30/20  |  Nearly three-quarters of pastors concerned presidential election... • 13 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/13/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v1.7 for All Broadcasters! • 8 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
   08/12/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.0 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 39 comments
   07/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Spread The Net: Cross Publish Sermons to Social... • 3 comments
   06/20/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Pearl Mountain Coffee, 100% Profits to Mission • 6 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/13/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v1.7 for All Broadcasters! • 8 comments
   09/04/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Live Webcasting Architecture Overhaul • 4 comments
   08/12/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.0 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 39 comments
   07/10/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: New Overview Page for Dashboard
   07/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Spread The Net: Cross Publish Sermons to Social... • 3 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   10/01/20  |  Atheists and Agnostics Far More Likely to Be on Political Left... • 4 comments
   10/01/20  |  Conservative Clergy of Color slams Kamala Harris for praising... • 3 comments
   10/01/20  |  Smaller churches struggle to livestream their services on YouTube • 3 comments
   09/30/20  |  Media attacks Amy Coney Barrett’s affiliation with Christian... • 13 comments
   09/30/20  |  Strangers crash Greensboro church service on Zoom, post... • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 86 user comment(s)
News Item1/13/09 9:39 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
DJC49 wrote:
Your problem, JY, is that YOUR purported "conversion" hadn't taken place on a deathbed; rather, you've been 'working both sides of the street' for some time now thinking that you can 'have your cake and eat it too!'
BTW ... how many of your fellow RCC parishioners know about your "conversion?" Huh?
Or is it ALL a private thing you've got going for yourself? You know, your very own Christian/RC smorgasbord ... "buffet style" Christianity.
What's the name of your parish?
St. Believe Whatever You Wanna?
Nobody from my local Catholic parish is cognizant of the fact that I received Jesus as my Personal Savior and Lord because I do not wish anybody at my local Catholic parish to know that. Now I have made Catholics on discussion forums cognizant of the fact that I have received Jesus as my Personal Savior and Lord by preaching the Gospel Of Jesus to them by telling them that unless they receive Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord by praying to Him and asking Him to become their Savior and Lord that they will be spending eternity in Hell.
86

News Item1/5/09 6:22 PM
John Yurich | UK  Find all comments by John Yurich
pew view wrote:
BUT election is unconditional - zero human input!
Kinda like God choosing His All-Star Team eh!
85

News Item1/5/09 3:52 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Pew View~ thank you for a clear statement of fact. I avoid the claim of Calvin, because, the original teaching are found in the scriptures and should be accredited to Christ as His teaching, not Calvin.
GG~ there is a sermon found here entitled 'Dead men walking' by David Eddmenson you might consider giving a listen to.
84

News Item1/5/09 3:39 PM
pew view  Find all comments by pew view
GG wrote:
Question: According to Calvinism, salvation is all about God. Therefore, if God doesn't want to save you, there is nothing...nothing...nothing that you can do to save yourself...right?
GG
The Calvinist doctrine teaches that man, prior to regeneration, is dead in sin, as the Bible puts it. This is Total Depravity. The mortal in this state cannot and does not choose Christ, because he is in a state of enmity with HIM. God alone, by grace, draws the sinner to His Son. John 6:37/44.
The work that the Holy Spirit does in the heart of the sinner IS faith. Without the Spirit man does not have saving faith, nor will he turn to Christ.
The RCC and the Arminian type both underestimate sin and thus must bestow more power to the sinner. This begets salvation by works. BUT election is unconditional - zero human input!
Eph 1:4/5 teaches that God predestinated His Elect from the foundation of the world. Therefore Jesus only required to die for these elect.
83

News Item1/5/09 11:24 AM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
GG~ the only way to 'sort out' truth from error is to go to the only source of truth there is, God's word. The Lord Jesus Christ verified this in John 17:17, "Sanctify them in the truth, your word is truth". God is true and faithful to His word, He does not wander from it {"I the Lord do not change" Malachi 3:6}.
If you read Psalm 119, you will see how the Psalmist continually refers to God's word as illuminating, eye opening {vs 18, 105}, eternal {vs 89}, gives direction {vs 133}, and gives understanding {vs 130}. There is so much more in this chapter; may the Lord bless you as you read.
82

News Item1/5/09 10:21 AM
GG  Find all comments by GG
Thanks Lyn for your kind offer. Your understanding of God is like mine. It's the Calvinists that I have trouble understanding. My wife is a 5 pt Calvinist and we have declared a truce, but even with our differences we still have much more in common. It's when I come on SA that I think there is nothing in common between Catholics and Evangelicals.
81

News Item1/4/09 10:45 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
GG~ if you would be willing, there is a wonderful insightful book by Charles Spurgeon entitled, "All of Grace" available at www.spurgeon.org/all_of_g.htm
80

News Item1/4/09 9:15 PM
Anti-antichrist  Find all comments by Anti-antichrist
I don't know.
79

News Item1/4/09 9:11 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Where is "deny that Caesar is king" found in the scriptures as pertaining to the doctrine of election?

GG~ if you wish to e-mail me off these boards to help avoid some of the recent rash of hysterical postings as well as to avoid unbiblical doctrinal 'advice', feel free to do so, I will leave it up to you.

78

News Item1/4/09 8:55 PM
Anti-antichrist | God's land  Find all comments by Anti-antichrist
And you must deny that Caesar is king.

That's the hardest part for many people.

77

News Item1/4/09 8:27 PM
Lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lyn
GG~ I don't claim to be either a Calvinist nor an Arminian; however, I will share with you from scripture what I know.
First, God desires all men to be saved {1 Timothy 2:4}. However, most will not be willing to part with their love of sin. The narrow gate is too restricted for them, it requires a denial of self, stripping one's self of worldliness, materialism, lusts. The lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, the pride of life is like a magnet pulling continually at the heart. A true follower of Christ MUST let go completely and submit to Christs' total authority in his/her life. There can be NO treasured, or 'pet' sins cleaved to.
The true follower of Christ comes to Him only after God has quickened his/her deadened heart. One must be broken over their sins committed against a Holy God before they can see the true meaning and preciousness of the cross.

God is indeed just, NONE of us deserve to even draw a breath, for we ALL have sinned against Him.

76

News Item1/4/09 8:09 PM
GG  Find all comments by GG
Question: According to Calvinism, salvation is all about God. Therefore, if God doesn't want to save you, there is nothing...nothing...nothing that you can do to save yourself...right? Does this mean that God will save everyone that he can, which is everybody, or are some beyond God's reach? If it is all about God's power then no one should go to hell...unless God chooses to put them there. Why would he do that...isn't God just?
75

News Item1/4/09 4:33 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
John Yurich~ you claim salvation is yours because you prayed the 'sinners prayer' and that's all that is needed. You did it, you repeated some mechanical form of prayer and now you're in right standing before a Holy God. Your salvation is valid because of your own work?
"And you, who were DEAD in trespasses and sins" Ephesians 2:1
How did you revive your own dead heart John?

"For by GRACE[undeserved favor] are ye saved through faith, and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, it is a gift of God" Eph. 2:8,9

God's word is crystal clear John, only He can change you from the inside out, breaking down the proud heart, bringing the lost sinner to repentance [2 Tim. 2:25]and giving a 'new heart' and a 'new spirit' [Ez. 36:26]
Please don't base something this important on 'self', we cannot claim Christ until God has done a work in our hearts. Heed this verse, 'And the Lord said,"Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men" Isa. 29:13

74

News Item1/4/09 2:38 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
John Yurich wrote:
You are correct GG about these crazy lunatic Fundamentalist Protestants on here who state that if a Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox or Mainline Protestant receives Jesus as their Savior before they pass away that they will in no way gain entrance into Heaven because they did not leave the RCC, Eastern Orthodox Church or Mainline Protestant Churches and did not unite with some type of Fundamentalist Protestant Church. These Fundamentalist Protestants on here claim to know what it states in Romans 10:9-10 concerning salvation that whoever confesses the Lord Jesus as their Savior is saved. But these Fundamentalist Protestants on here believe that it is impossible for someone to be converted to Jesus before they pass away.
Your problem, JY, is that YOUR purported "conversion" hadn't taken place on a deathbed; rather, you've been 'working both sides of the street' for some time now thinking that you can 'have your cake and eat it too!'

BTW ... how many of your fellow RCC parishioners know about your "conversion?" Huh?
Or is it ALL a private thing you've got going for yourself? You know, your very own Christian/RC smorgasbord ... "buffet style" Christianity.

What's the name of your parish?
St. Believe Whatever You Wanna?

73

News Item1/4/09 2:35 PM
Vincentte  Find all comments by Vincentte
John Yurich wrote:
In otherwords you do not believe what it states in Romans 10:9-10 that when someone confesses the Lord Jesus as their Savior that they are not saved
Romans 10.9/10 is the confession of faith.

Faith is the gift of God.

When God provides this gift to His flock, it comes with the Holy Spirit who guides you into all truth.

Truth sets you free from the bondage of sin.

Idolatry is sin.

Papists worship relics and icons and statuettes - that is idolatry.

1Cor 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, FLEE from idolatry.

72

News Item1/4/09 1:37 PM
John Yurich | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich
GG wrote:
Only on this rabid Fundie, "Know-Nothing", Theologically inbred, mush-for-brains, blind as an earth-worm, conglomeration of wing-wangs could any group of Christians be bad-mouthed for forgiving someone in the manner commanded by Jesus Christ...go figure!
You are correct GG about these crazy lunatic Fundamentalist Protestants on here who state that if a Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox or Mainline Protestant receives Jesus as their Savior before they pass away that they will in no way gain entrance into Heaven because they did not leave the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church or Mainline Protestant Churches and did not unite with some type of Fundamentalist Protestant Church. These Fundamentalist Protestants on here claim to know what it states in Romans 10:9-10 concerning salvation that whoever confesses the Lord Jesus as their Savior is saved. But these Fundamentalist Protestants on here believe that it is impossible for someone to be converted to Jesus before they pass away.
71

News Item1/4/09 1:18 PM
GG  Find all comments by GG
[Removed by SermonAudio.com]
70

News Item1/4/09 1:06 PM
John Yurich | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich
Vincentte wrote:

I just love the very "Christian" way you put that.

No!!

For the same reason that Jesus rejected the Pharisees. Note HE did not reject the Prophets who got it right. The Pharisees were rejected for adding things to the Scripture like the RCC does.

The fact that the priest is stating that Christ is there in person is error, deceit, heresy and anathema. For you to continue being there is giving credibility to an idolatrous ceremony, which is an abomination in the eyes of God.

In otherwords you do not believe what it states in Romans 10:9-10 that when someone confesses the Lord Jesus as their Savior that they are not saved even if that takes place before they pass away? Don't you believe that someone can be converted to Jesus before they pass away? How can you state that if an RC receives Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord before they pass away that they will not gain entrance into Heaven? How can the scriptural parts to the Mass be an abomination to Jesus? And if I do not pay attention to or participate in the unscriptural parts to the Mass then how can I be giving credibility to the unscriptural parts to the Mass? That is totally illogical. That is to be expected from someone who is not logical like you are.
69

News Item1/4/09 11:28 AM
Vincentte  Find all comments by Vincentte
John Yurich wrote:
Answer the lousy question will you?

I just love the very "Christian" way you put that.

JY wrote:
Will an RC who receives Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord before they pass away gain entrance into Heaven even if they did not leave the RCC and did not unite with some type of Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestant Church?
No!!

JY wrote:
RCC and dispense with the unscriptural RCC doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass and only adhere to the scriptural
For the same reason that Jesus rejected the Pharisees. Note HE did not reject the Prophets who got it right. The Pharisees were rejected for adding things to the Scripture like the RCC does.

JY wrote:
worship Jesus in truth seeing as the scriptural parts to the Mass are true
The fact that the priest is stating that Christ is there in person is error, deceit, heresy and anathema. For you to continue being there is giving credibility to an idolatrous ceremony, which is an abomination in the eyes of God.
68

News Item1/4/09 10:59 AM
John Yurich  Find all comments by John Yurich
Vincentte wrote:
JY
The Elect do not attend the RCC because they can recognise its herretical and erroneous dogma. This has been the case for the last almost five centuries.
Check these facts JY....
[URL=http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=dare]]]The Roman Priest[/URL]
Answer the lousy question will you? Yes or no? Will an RC who receives Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord before they pass away gain entrance into Heaven even if they did not leave the RCC and did not unite with some type of Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestant Church? And what makes you think that an RC who has received Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord can not attend the RCC and dispense with the unscriptural RCC doctrines and the unscriptural parts to the Mass and only adhere to the scriptural RCC doctrines and only participate in the scriptural parts to the Mass and thus worship Jesus in truth seeing as the scriptural parts to the Mass are true and thus acceptable to Jesus? That is what I started doing after I received Jesus as my Personal Savior and Lord because I started being guided by the Holy Spirit to know that there are some unscriptural RCC doctrines and some unscriptural parts to the Mass.
67
There are a total of 86 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 | last
Last PostTotal
Atheists and Agnostics Far More Likely to Be on Political Left...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "see who your bedfellows are, jim? but of course you..."
-2 min 
Conservative Clergy of Color slams Kamala Harris for praising...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "satan is also brilliant. evil through and through,..."
-12 min 
Smaller churches struggle to livestream their services on...
john yurich usa from usa: "my smaller baptist church last year won a system to..."
-34 min 


Steve Lyon
The Prophet Enoch

Jude
Sunday Service
Bible Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS



Sermon: Falwell's Fall, Trump's Ascent
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 4,900+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 04 New!
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.