Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -17 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ LURKER ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon #163 Why The Tribulation Period? | Dr. James M. Phillips
Nancy from ERIE - PA
""
-7 hrs 
Sermon Should We Ask Jesus Into Our Heart? | Shane Kastler
Mikayla from VA
-8 hrs 
Sermon The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall | Rev. Roger Higginson
Monique Do from CA
-10 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item9/16/2020 11:19 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
89
comments
Colin wrote:
MS you are correct YOU specifically did not refer to Spurgeon as a heretic. For that I sincerely apologize. You do however tag team with ladybug regularly on your mutual dislike for John from UK. I also missed the part in the passage I linked to ‘in a Church building’. We are all the Church. Neither of you are ‘discussing opinions’. You are railing. Creating derision feeding your pride. It troubles my Spirit and humbly ask you repent and stop. I will obey the Word and not be quarrelsome. Have the last word. Christ be with you both. God bless.
Respectfully, if you have a problem with the sisters commenting here then you should take it up with the staff of SermonAudio as they make the rules. But I already know the answer so perhaps you need to find a male only comment board.

News Item9/12/2020 12:24 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
Better pack your bags and move to a blue state, Jim. The end is nigh for Nebraskans.

News Item9/4/2020 9:53 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
12
comments
Colin wrote:
Fair question. Why didn’t he do that his first four years? Why does he use terms like ‘extreme’ abortions for late term infanticide? They are all extreme and wicked. Why did his first stimulus package grant planned parenthood 80 million dollars? Why did it give the Roman Catholics 1.6 to 3.5 billion dollars to bail them out of their sex scandals? Why do my Christian brothers and sisters turn a blind eye to his bold and proud stance in support of sodomites? I pray that Christians in this Country would wake up to this false paradigm. Trump calls Biden a socialist and then proceeds to pass not one but two socialist stimulus packages. Both of these men are puppets and the media is playing most of the population. We have one King. The Lord Jesus Christ. He rules and reigns. We are not of this world and our eyes should be fixed on our country. The city built without hands whose maker and builder is God.
Sounds like you are another non-voter. Of course that's your right, recognized and honored by the constitution of the nation you live in which you claim to not be part of. But if you didn't vote for a POTUS last general election, then you have no right to complain about what Trump did or didn't do. That is, unless you are a hypocrite.

News Item9/1/2020 5:21 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Adriel wrote:
""It attacks the idea of property, because to get the property to buy things, they have to work for a boss, in order to buy things. She considers this “unjust""

""Vicky Osterweil, argues that looting is morally justified, because “without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free.”"

The problem is people like this actually believe this is the right attitude and everyone else is messed up. How they got that way is anyone's guess but there is no reasoning with unreasonable people, or are completely bereft of the ability to reason, who are blind but claim they see and everyone else is blind.

2020 has proved to be the year from hell. What's next?


News Item8/23/2020 1:20 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
My thoughts, thanks for indulging me.

Thank you, brother, for taking the time to say what needed to be said. Sadly, there will be those who fancy themselves the smartest person in the room who will argue against a reasoned and biblical position of the matter. But, there will always be those. We've seen them come and go many times over the years.


News Item8/21/2020 10:11 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
MS wrote:
Brother Lurker, thought you might appreciate this wee bit of humor, considering some on this thread you are engaging with.
“One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh”.🤓
Seems a good fit.

God bless you, sister.


News Item8/21/2020 8:04 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
hey_yo wrote:
I don't hate Trump.
(And we all know Biden and Bernie are going to Hell anyway.)
I only desire God's wrath on Trump for being an unrepentant blasphemer, in front of the whole world, much like Antichrist will do.
I'm not buying your load of fertilizer. Every comment you post reeks of Trump hate.

God said: Vengeance is mine, I will repay. But you'd steal that right from God if you could and rain fire on Trump.

No one on this forum believes Trump is a blood bought Christian but I suspect most pray for his salvation. But not you. Nope. That translates to hate. You want to see him burn in hell forever and the sooner the better. You said as much above.

Your heart definitely is not right with God so you may want to take a que from Kind David when he prayed to God to create a new heart in him.

Oh, you didn't deny you were going to vote for Biden/Harris. How shall we interpret that?


News Item8/21/2020 1:39 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
hey_yo wrote:
Lurker:
'But don't you dare launch bible verses at me...'

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I admit to being a slow learner but I'm catching on.

You're not opposed to voting, like Remo. You're just opposed to voting for Trump.

And being from the North East you're likely a disgruntled Bernie Sanders supporter who intends to vote for the radically liberal dream team of Biden/Harris.

How am I doing so far?

Hey Jim, you've got company. Say hi to another Trump hater... Hey_yo.


News Item8/21/2020 2:54 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
hey_yo wrote:
You're right.
I'm behind all those 'Christians' that support Trump.
It was a losing argument to begin with.
And I am glad to be left behind.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
The replies to my comments here, as well as from other 'Christians' online regarding the truth about Trump, has helped me to better understand these verses: 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Let's get something straight.

I could not care less that you dislike Trump. That's your right and I respect it. But don't you dare launch bible verses at me and say... There, it says your a sinner if you vote for Trump. Or you're under strong delusions if you support Trump.

I love God and therefore I love His written word and I will not stand by and say nothing when I see someone, you, Remo or anyone else, twist it or add to it to make it say what it doesn't say to justify your pet grievances.

As for 2 Thes 2:11-12... Fool your self if you must but the text speaks of the setting up of the abomination of desolation and the beginning of the great tribulation, not an election.


News Item8/21/2020 1:10 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
Watchmanrem wrote:
GOD say pray for our leader dont vote for them.
I know what the bible says about praying for those in authority but where does it say anything about not voting for them?

It doesn't so you are just adding something to the bible that doesn't exist to suit your bias. Be careful presuming to speak for God when He hasn't spoken. It didn't bode well for the false prophets of old.

Not only that, you have no dog in this hunt, being from down under, so you'd do well to dial back the vitriol and hold your peace.


News Item8/20/2020 10:37 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
hey_yo wrote:
James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
You know Trump is a blasphemer.
You also know the end does not justify the means.
Therefore James 4:17 applies to you.
So...... you've taken it upon yourself to decide that voting for Trump is sin. Okay..... let's see here.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Remember the law given at Sinai? No mention of 'thou shalt not vote' that I'm aware of.

I'd advise you to cut your losses while you're behind.


News Item8/20/2020 1:01 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
74
comments
hey_yo wrote:
So when you are moving your 'right hand' to vote for what is 'in the forehead'; perhaps you are only doing what your sin has programmed you to do.
If that is an accusation against you, my supposed fellow Christians, then so be it.
Interesting.

So has voting for elected positions in government always been a sin or just recently? And if just recently, when did it first become a sin? And what is your verdict on voting for county sheriff? Or dog catcher?

Seems confusing to me.

And since you are linking the act of voting to the mark of the beast, are you saying that everyone who has ever voted has already taken the mark and are headed to the lake of fire along with the beast and false prophet? How can this be since the beast and false prophet have not yet made themselves manifest to impose the mark? Can there actually be a mark before there is a mark?

Now I'm really confused.

Or could it be that you have no idea what you're talking about? Just trying to get the bible to uphold your anti-political ideology of camping out in a cave pretending nothing is going on outside?


News Item8/19/2020 12:59 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
52
comments
Watcher wrote:
"How long will the fable of Romans 13 be perpetuated?"
Fable? How sad. Rebellion has drawn many away from the inerrancy of Scripture.
Whatever you do, DO NOT connect the dots. You might actually learn that the "minister of God" is NOT civil government and "that day" was the day of the Lord's vengeance. Love and cling to the fable for you have far too much invested in it to give it up. I'm sure that's what God would want you to do.

News Item8/19/2020 1:02 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
8
comments
California had more than enough power to prevent the rolling blackouts until the lawmakers mandated the decommissioning of six (?) natural gas power plants in an effort to be more environmentally friendly. The loss was supposed to be filled with wind and solar energy but it didn't work out as they planned. Imagine that!

News Item8/19/2020 12:28 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
52
comments
Humility is a most fickle attribute. The instant one finds it, it vanishes.

How long will the fable of Romans 13 be perpetuated?

Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: (Acts 15:14-16)

All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us. *In that day* will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old (Amos 9:10-11)

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness (Romans 1:18)

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. (Romans 13:4)

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. (Romans 7:9)

Connect the dots


News Item8/18/2020 12:25 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
James Thomas wrote:
Hey Mike,
I appreciate the open discussion and understand its probably arrived to the usual conclusion, but if I may add one point to consider. Jesus gave the reason why they (same group in John 3) didn't believe here.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

News Item8/17/2020 10:54 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
Mike wrote:
Lurker, without getting into this deeply, I would just again say that these goats are guilty of goatness because that's what they want. "because he hath not believed" Jn 3:18

The corollary is vs 21- which I don't see saying he cometh to the light that he might doeth truth, but that he that doeth truth cometh to the light... Of course this follows the work of the Holy Spirit making manifest the desire.

Ultimately it goes back to beginnings. I do not hold that God makes men in his image for no purpose other than a pitifully short physical existence followed by an eternity of darkness. God does not create them to sin. Therefore...

Mike, We've traveled this road before so probably won't agree this time either. But a thought on your last paragraph.

Based on your foundational belief of God's nature regarding His creation, you have no choice but to make mankind responsible for their eternal fate by affirming free will. I don't agree but I get it.

However, I submit that come judgment day not one iota will differ with your view compared to mine. All the sheep will be received into glory and all the goats will be consigned to the lake of fire. Where we appear to differ is in the answer to the question: Did God create the goats as goats?


News Item8/17/2020 2:24 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
Mike wrote:
John 3:19
"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

"Rather than" has intrinsic meaning, which we need not go into. The why is given in the fact that they loved darkness. And why did they love darkness? Because their deeds were evil. How did they know their deeds were evil? That they knew is understood from their need to hide them in darkness. They hate the light because it exposes their deeds, which are evil, which they know are evil, which they could not know if have no sense at all. They don't respond because they truly love evil.

Hey Mike,

Your reply answers why the gospel was not effective for the one but it doesn't answer why the other repented and became a faithful Christian.

Would you agree that the men Jesus spoke of in John 3:18-20 were goats? And those of John 3:21 were lost sheep?

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? (Jer 13:23) Can vessels of wrath become vessels of mercy (Rom 9:22-23)? Can a goat become a sheep?

In my mind, these antithetical biblical examples make clear the question of free will. But I admit to less than perfect vision so your thoughts in reply are welcomed.


News Item8/17/2020 1:32 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
Dr. Tim wrote:
I am a bit confused about something. It is my understanding that the soul is the seat of the intellect, the emotions and the will. Why do so many say that since the fall of Adam, man no longer has free will, but no one that I know of claims that he has no similar extinction of the ability to think and feel? Seems fishy to me. And please, don’t quote Reverend Rightguard and Doctor Doohickey. Where does the BIBLE declare that man is unable to choose for or against Jesus Christ?
Doc, Of course mankind has a will. So here's a situation to consider:

Two heathens hear the same gospel message at the same time from the same person; one repents and becomes a faithful Christian and the other does not. Why was the gospel effective for one and not the other?

Once you accept the truth that lost sheep will always become found sheep and goats will always remain goats, then you'll find all the biblical proofs you want to answer your question. But if you reject this simple truth then you'll always be challenging God's purpose of election.

Praying for your family.


News Item8/14/2020 3:19 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
47
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Is a 'mandate' a law, a recommendation, an instruction, tyranny, or a suggestion?
In this case it's speculation. Biden called for mandatory masks for the next three months and, as a candidate for president, he has no authority to mandate anything. So it's just a politically motivated stunt to position himself in a better light than Trump, who wouldn't even consider such a mandate, for the upcoming presidential election. Pandering for votes.... 'This is what I'd do if I were president now.' Liberals will lap it up and conservatives will laugh it off for the mindless stunt it is.
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more



Bruce David Bell
Tying The Knot

Verse By Verse Bible Teaching
Sunday Service
Berean Bible Fellowship
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Hourly: Preaching: Taking Hold of Man
Dr. Joel Beeke
SermonAudio Classics
Staff Picks..

Sermon: 2 Timothy #4 The Virgin Birth
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 9,200+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting New!
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.