Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ COMMON SENSE ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem | Jerry N. Thrower
JD - Saved by Grace from Florida
"Thank you for this wonderful expository teaching on the doctrines..."
-24 hrs 
Sermon The Burning Bush - The Lord Appeared to Him | Noel A. Espinosa
Florin Motiu from Oradea, Romania
-25 hrs 
Sermon Do Atheists Exist? | Morris Hunsucker
Ross Hankins from Covington
-27 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 39 user comments posted recently.
News Item12/31/19 12:48 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
Obviously, since this is an issue of personal choice there will be differing opinions of this so I will state my personal choice and sign off for the day because I have a life to live...in regard to self defense and the defense of others. If my death would save others then so be it but if I know that by my death would allow harm to continue to others than I choose to make myself more of a target and try to stop it...as a man, husband, father, member of church and community. Have a great New Year!

News Item12/31/19 12:24 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
Of...not if...auto correct

News Item12/31/19 12:24 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
KJV, is great! Peter was against Jesus in this because if his schewwd view of what the Messiah had come to do...he wanted Rome overthrown and Israel kingdom established...thus promoting and desiring an agenda that wasn't God's

News Item12/31/19 12:06 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
Very true...John UK...this issue however isn't part of the context of that Scripture.

News Item12/31/19 11:46 AM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
Be cautious to pass judgement on an area that is an individual personal standard, not even a sinful choice...equating one choice to protect others as a indication of salvation and devotion to is not wise.

News Item12/31/19 11:00 AM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
Means that each believer is accountable for him/herself...no one can pass judgement on another in this area.

News Item12/31/19 10:59 AM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
225
comments
The only thing changed from Old to New is that we no longer have to have the blood of animals as a type of Christ since he has fulfilled that. In this continued discussion of both sides...know that every beliver and the individual priesthood of each believer

News Item12/24/19 4:30 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
19
comments
I just find it interesting that this article and publication has only happened now...a month before a pivotal election year... coincidence...

News Item12/18/19 5:47 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
34
comments
And yes unfortunately it does go both ways...that is called the freedom of America...

News Item12/18/19 5:40 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
34
comments
If they want to impeach the President on the evidence they have then all current, past and future politicians in every branch is and was eligible to be removed. Evidence against a one specific party's ideals isn't evidence against the whole nation.

News Item11/14/19 2:21 PM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
15
comments
Isn't there another article today about the Dems media stating the need to believe and hear the facts "real evidence"...right hand forgot to tell the left hand what to say.

News Item11/14/19 7:45 AM
Common Sense | Kansas  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
If absolute "facts" do matter as stated then why weren't the Clinton's investigated and charged...for the past 20 years or so.

News Item10/20/18 2:57 PM
Common Sense | South Carolina  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
4
comments
This article does not site any sources and is making extravagant claims. I seriously doubt anyone using just canabis is having any of these problems. Alcolhol is far more abused and dangerous.

This CDC article says:
https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/underage-drinking.htm

Excessive drinking is responsible for more than 4,300 deaths among underage youth each year, and cost the U.S. $24 billion in economic costs in 2010.2,3
Although drinking by persons under the age of 21 is illegal, people aged 12 to 20 years drink 11% of all alcohol consumed in the United States.4 More than 90% of this alcohol is consumed in the form of binge drinks.4
On average, underage drinkers consume more drinks per drinking occasion than adult drinkers.5
In 2013, there were approximately 119,000 emergency rooms visits by persons aged 12 to 21 for injuries and other conditions linked to alcohol.

Seems like alcohol is much more dangerous but I still think we all have the right to buy alcohol. I also believe marijuana should be legalized.

Sin is everywhere and many will make bad choices but that should not make us punish the ones who make good choices.


News Item5/1/16 4:17 PM
Common Sense  Find all comments by Common Sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
181
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
...and Grandpa I congratulate you on the precociousness of your off-spring many aren't so lucky.
excerpt from [URL=http://tinyurl.com/zjveywq]]]Field Guide to the King James only movement[/URL].
A Sunday School of over 2,500 unchurched youngsters aged 6-12 years of age are still taught God's truth using the KJV at the Metropolitan Tabernacle, London, England, and its associated satellite Sunday Schools. The kids mostly come from the working class estates around the church location. These kids will never have heard KJV English, but guess what? They find it understandable and delight in it.

Ever thought that maybe it's you and that you're not only educationally challenged but also a tool of Satan to undermine and deride the pure Word of God?


News Item4/6/14 9:50 AM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
John UK wrote:
Alas. Scripture got on real fine without calvinism for 1500 years
Augustine was a good "Calvinist" which was recognised by Calvin himself. So the theology has been around for a longer period than you suggest. In fact 2014 years and counting. The truth never changes and the Reformers Biblical exegesis has been shown to be the best and most accurate teaching of truth in history. The Lord has surely blessed this exegesis of Scripture for many centuries. Calvinism comes directly from Scripture and is used by the elect - One only has to observe the Puritans to see that clearly they were all good Calvinists. John Owen is actually called the quote "English calvin" Perhaps you need to study the Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin to help you overcome your difficulties with Bible doctrine.

News Item10/7/12 11:00 AM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
127
comments
Mike wrote:
Speaking of saying all manner of nasty stuff against a brother, how does your calling John blasphemous, unorthodox, Arminian, arrogant, incompetent, evil heart, come out of your heart? Are you a brother in Christ?
You Arminians do stick together don't you.

News Item10/6/12 5:04 PM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
127
comments
John UK wrote:
It is a mystery to me what he keeps babbling about.
But on the baptism issue, we have had this selfsame debate before. (p.s. he prefers to call them contests not debates; and before the debate has run its course, he always declares he has won the contest, puts a calvin medallion around his neck, and stands on a little rostrum he made specially, and plays back on an old cassette player some prerecorded applause to the sound of the bagpipes playing the John Knox Theme Tune.) Well, that's the impression I get anyway. Maybe he leaves out the appplause bit.
More persecution and insults John. Is this your version of Christianity? Is this Baptist doctrine? How sad that others posting cannot read your heart. But then the Remnant is small and persecuted.

"Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

Praise be to God our Father and Christ Jesus His Son. Amen.


News Item10/6/12 11:16 AM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
127
comments
John UK wrote:
You say: "...the arminian philosophy of requiring human input to authenticate their baptisms".
So how do YOU baptise an unknown quantity, when you baptise a believing penitent sinner (one of God's elect) if he comes from a family of unbelievers? Does someone in your church have to give some "human input" and "authenticate" his baptism? Or do you just baptise folks born to unbelievers willy nilly upon a profession of faith?
p.s. I have asked you this question many, many times, and you are yet to answer it. This does not bode well for your arguments, which are shown to be deceptive and irrational. I would sincerely like an answer, because until I get one, I can only regard you as a spiritual quack in the same league as Family radio.
Procrastinations, vague references to posts which have gone before, diversionary tactics, all speak of the devil, and it is time you realised that.
Oh John I love it when you get all emotive in your posts. You become so unChristian in your insults.

As for your question re adults coming to the faith where their parents are not Covenanted. We do not rely on their confession, paedoBaptism proves this.

Now remember Do not discriminate against the seed of Covenanting parents. God doesn't.


News Item10/6/12 10:00 AM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
127
comments
John UK wrote:
Please define this phrase for me and everyone else on these threads who are bemused by your strange meanderings and lack of desire/ability to answer questions put to you.
John. The phrase is "defined" in the post below the one you cut this one from. Just change the word "baptisms" to salvation.

=====

KJB Believer wrote:
Just one word?
That the thing about taking a/numbers of verse or word(s) out of context. It results in Smithites(Morons), Russalites, Waterdogs, Grace "Preachers" or Dry Cleaners(Bullingerites), Andersonies(Faithful Word Baptist Church), need I go on.
Thats more than one word.

I didn't chose the words John did.

BTW If you are implying that out of context is the same as heresy, then wait until you learn more about religion before jumping to conclusions.


News Item10/5/12 2:38 PM
common sense  Find all comments by common sense
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
127
comments
John UK wrote:
The following words do not fit together very well......
1. good
2. biblical
3. calvinist
4. presbyterian
John. Promise me you'll study the Bible more closely. I don't want you to fall into the trap of arminian DIY. The first two words I'm sure you comprehend Biblically. The third as CHS states "IS" the Gospel. The fourth is directly from the Greek word in Scripture and illustrates how we have remained Biblical. But you dunkers since 1521AD have taken an alternate path from Bible Covenant doctrine.
Jump to Page : [1] 2




In Prison with God
Pierre-Luc Rivard

Hourly:
Restore Fatherhood
Jason Young
Heritage Baptist Church
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
CharismaticsDifferentGospel

The Near Cult Charismatic Move
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: Charismatic Movement&Healing
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 17,400+

SPONSOR




                   
Trust God where you cannot trace Him. ... John MacDuff


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization New!
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories