Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -49 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JIM LINCOLN ”
Page 1 | Page 9 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item6/12/2020 7:05 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
21
comments
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]

News Item6/12/2020 6:37 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
6
comments
In this particular instance, some good advice from the PCUSA leadership❗👍😷
Samantha Pell, Candace Buckner and Jacqueline Dupree  wrote:
In Texas, North and South Carolina, California, Oregon, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah and Arizona, there are an increasing number of patients under supervised care since the holiday weekend because of coronavirus infections. The spikes generally began in the past couple weeks and in most states are trending higher.

Data from states that are reporting some of their highest seven-day averages of new cases
https://tinyurl.com/y8bl869y
is disproving the notion that the country is seeing such a spike in cases solely because of the continued increase in testing, according to data tracked by The Washington Post.

excerpt from,"Coronavirus hospitalizations rise sharply in several states following Memorial Day"

https://tinyurl.com/y7sqaz7x


News Item6/11/2020 2:14 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
55
comments
https://tinyurl.com/y9efgbyu (Protesters tear down statue of former Confederate president Jefferson Davis)

Two years ago, Memphis Tennessee not only removed their Jefferson Davis statue but also the odious Nathan Bedford Forrest statue

https://tinyurl.com/ya7khyre

There shouldn't be statues to either these two traitors in the country!


News Item6/11/2020 12:55 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Wikipedia wrote:
The Alliance Defending Freedom, as of 2013, maintains that there are "constitutionally permissible ways in which Gideons Bibles may be distributed," and attorneys Rory Gray and Jeremy Tedesco write that the Alliance Defending Freedom sent letters to 174 school districts in Kentucky stating: "Federal caselaw overwhelmingly supports the decision to grant religious and non-religious community groups an equal opportunity to provide literature to willing students." In early 2014, the "Gideons International again distributed Bibles at a public elementary school in Kentucky."
excerpt from,"Distribution of Bibles during school hours"

https://tinyurl.com/y9cp6vol

Remember, if the Gideons can do it, so can the Mormons, Muslims, Catholics, and Jehovah Witnesses do it❗👎

The school board made a very excellent decision. It should also be noted that The Gideons can use very excellent versions of the Bible such as the ESV and very poor ones like the KJV. Of course opinions can vary on versions

https://tinyurl.com/yalamvhh (Biblically mislabelled, Israel's griffon vultures get new lease of life)👍


News Item6/11/2020 4:40 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
25
comments
Acts 17:26

He made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the surface of the earth, having determined appointed seasons and the boundaries of their dwellings,

Barnes' New Testament Notes wrote:
....The design of the apostle in this affirmation was, probably, to convince the Greeks that he regarded them all as brethren; and that, although he was a Jew, yet he was not enslaved to any narrow notions or prejudices in reference to other men. It follows also from this, that no one nation, and no individual, can claim any pre-eminence over others in virtue of birth or blood. All are in this respect equal; and the whole human family, however they may differ in complexion, customs, and laws, are to be regarded and treated as brethren. It follows, also, that no one part of the race has a right to enslave or oppress any other part, on account of difference of complexion. Nor has man a right, because
"He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
T' enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause to
Doom and devote him as his lawful prey."...
--"Acts 17:26"

As much as some of you, want to name call this woman it still doesn't answer the question of the number of racist and child molesters who homeschool❗


News Item6/11/2020 4:30 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
3
comments
Madeline Holcombe wrote:
....
In fact, the number of Covid-19 hospitalizations since Memorial Day has gone up in at least a dozen states: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Kentucky☆, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas and Utah.
excerpt from,"12 states see rising Covid-19 hospitalizations as Arizona asks hospitals to activate emergency plans"....

https://tinyurl.com/y7fp7el7

The simple matter is that many of these protests are not really controllable, perhaps church member should be flattered that the Governor thinks they're law-abiding enough that they'll take his advice.

Mitch McConnell as the senior Senator from Kentucky☆ should be pushing more for having protests limited then worrying about having church meetings restricted.


News Item6/10/2020 7:51 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
25
comments
Rachel Chen and Scott P. Mahon wrote:
.....
Her original article claims that the lack of regulation on homeschooling poses a danger to children, because it risks depriving them of an adequate education, exposure to a diverse array of ideas, and protection from potential child abuse. In the 80-page document, she writes that only ten states require minimum education levels for homeschooling instructors, and no states require background checks for past child abuse.

Above all, she says she fears for the children taken out of public schooling due to their parents’ religious beliefs, often those of conservative Christianity. Estimates place the fraction of parents who homeschool for religious reasons from “over half to 90 percent,” she writes. In the article, she argues that children in these situations lack exposure to beliefs and ideas beyond those held by their parents; she is particularly concerned about the children of homeschoolers who “question science and promote female subservience and white supremacy.”...

excerpt from,"Professor Elizabeth Bartholet's Call for a Presumptive Ban on Homeschooling"

https://tinyurl.com/y73fzmn8

There are at least a few that have an answer for her.

https://tinyurl.com/w575mpe


News Item6/10/2020 7:28 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Wayfarer pilgrim wrote:
What if a pastor preached book by book, verse by verse? What if expository preaching was actually done. My pastor addressed the Floyd death by saying we had a sin problem.
Hmm

Kevin Halloran wrote:
13. A failure to exposit the Scriptures lies to people about what they really need. It is…isn’t it?
Jeremiah 8:11

“They heal the brokenness of the daughter of My people superficially, Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ But there is no peace.
https://tinyurl.com/has82mk (NASB)
Treating people’s wounds superficially? They think they’re getting spiritual help and they’re not.

excerpt from,"29 reasons why John MacArthur is committed to expository preaching"

https://tinyurl.com/ydeqnhr8


News Item6/10/2020 7:01 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
23
comments
Even in Minneapolis, Mike, there'll be some sort of police force.
Scotty Andrew wrote:
....
Nyeema Watson, also a lifelong Camden resident who's the associate chancellor for civic engagement at Rutgers University -- Camden, said she thinks the restructuring has had a largely positive impact. Officers are more visible now, and they're building trust and welcoming feedback.
....
"We can't police our way out of social issues, unemployment, disproportionate health issues, economic challenges -- these are things that drive crime," Watson said.
excerpt from,"This city disbanded its police department 7 years ago. Here's what happened next"

https://tinyurl.com/yax5n3da


News Item6/10/2020 7:48 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
5
comments
I couldn't read The Wall Street Journal article because I'm not a subscriber to the Wall Street Journal.

There is a good commentary about these resignations from another source--- at least it look good to me. for example:

Tom Jones wrote:
Appearing on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” on Sunday, Washington Post Global Opinions editor Karen Attiah said, “Opinion journalism is still journalism. It still has to go through fact-checking. You make your argument, but it needs to be based in fact and it needs to not mischaracterize reality in order to fit your agenda.”

And that is the issue with Cotton’s piece, which appears to have not gone through the proper editing process and has serious questions about its accuracy. Perhaps the Times would have been better off doing a news story about Cotton’s recommendation and, that way, could have asked him direct questions, checked facts and corrected any false or misleading claims that might not even be constitutional....

excerpt from,"The controversy at The New York Times is over more than just one op-ed. The future of the Times could be at stake."

https://tinyurl.com/y97fr2t7

it went into detail about this resignation and looked at some others also❗👍


News Item6/10/2020 7:16 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
While an interesting article, and I hope it means that most pastors are realizing,

Romans 8
7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so;
8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.---
https://tinyurl.com/has82mk (NASB)

It looks like there is too little being preached against false doctrine❗👎

http://tinysa.com/337388 (We Must Stand Against False Doctrine)

Anyway, quite a few interesting articles on the whole page of the SA article like the one mentioning how a visiting priest closed down a few Catholic churches in Nebraska, because he was positive for covid-19


News Item6/9/2020 8:13 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
Mike Gendron wrote:
Many former Catholics have described their experience of going to weekly Mass as a prison sentence, something they had to do in order to avoid the penalty of a serious sin. Others remember it as a mindless ritual of standing, sitting, kneeling and reciting as the priest performed his religious duties. There are many practicing Catholics who feel the same way but are bound by the laws of their church to attend church every week: "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass" (paragraph 2180 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church). With this law so explicit and demanding, the question that begs an answer is: Why is participation so compulsory for Catholics? The answers are complex, controversial and authoritative....
excerpt from,"The Sacrifice of the Mass -- Blessing or Bondage?"

https://tinyurl.com/yb2n9sym

Tell them, to make a

https://tinyurl.com/ht63zl9 (Pilgrimage From Rome) Humble One


News Item6/9/2020 8:01 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
23
comments
For the record
John Verhovek and Molly Nagle wrote:
....
"No, I don't support defunding the police. I support conditioning federal aid to police based on whether or not they meet certain basic standards of decency and honorableness," Biden said Monday in an interview with CBS News....
excerpt from,"Joe Biden rejects calls to defund police, faces challenge as reform push grows"

https://tinyurl.com/yavsxvws


News Item6/9/2020 1:05 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
Maurício Zágari wrote:
....
"The church’s mission is not limited to preparing man to live in heaven, but also to teach him how to behave on earth—what I call the horizontal gospel,” Fernando Firmino, bishop of New Life Church of Brazil in Araripina, told CT. “Therefore, we must take advantage of this time to show our brothers and sister the need to be good citizens, using a faith that does not take away from common sense and reason.
“That’s why I believe the online services in this period of isolation have been both a revealing tool of our faith and spirituality and a revelation of our social responsibility,” he said....
excerpt from,"Why Brazil’s Churches Closed, Even Though President Bolsonaro Disagrees"

https://tinyurl.com/yc7jv9wz

The congregants of this pastor's church had a better chance of staying healthy than many others❗👍🛐


News Item6/9/2020 12:48 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
Citizen wrote:
Mr Jim Lincoln from Nebraska ,
Clearly it’s a tragedy what happened to mr “George”, which my prayers and sympathies go with his family and friends. Also it’s good they arrested and charged those responsible, as it should be.
Let’s be clear, in not talking about the peaceful protestors!
I’m wondering do you honestly sympathize with black lives matter, antifa, & or anarchist?
https://tinyurl.com/y9gz9wdv (Mitt Romney takes part in protest supporting Black Lives Matter near White House)

Trump should have came out and joined him❗


News Item6/8/2020 7:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
4
comments
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]

News Item6/8/2020 7:02 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
Adriel, Abraham Lincoln had evolving beliefs on racism--from what we can tell Robert E. Lee remained a racist all his life ❗👎
Sarah Pruitt wrote:
....
What he [A. Lincoln] did believe was that, like all men, blacks had the right to improve their condition in society and to enjoy the fruits of their labor. In this way they were equal to white men, and for this reason slavery was inherently unjust.

Like his views on emancipation, Lincoln’s position on social and political equality for African-Americans would evolve over the course of his presidency. In the last speech of his life, delivered on April 11, 1865, he argued for limited black suffrage, saying that any black man who had served the Union during the Civil War should have the right to vote....

excerpt from,"5 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation"

https://tinyurl.com/y56jq39l


News Item6/8/2020 1:39 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
The British are having a hard time with people tearing down statues also.
news.abc.net.au wrote:
The Mayor of Bristol says the destruction of a statue of slave trader Edward Colston is an "iconic moment" and said he felt "no sense of loss" after it was torn down by Black Live Matter protesters....

Key points:

•Bristol Mayor Marvin Rees, whose father was Jamaican, said the city should unite after the protests

•He said there was a "historical irony" to Colston's statue ending up underwater considering the history of slaves being thrown off boats

•The UK's Policing Minister is calling for the people who tore the statue down to be prosecuted

excerpt from, "Bristol Mayor says Edward Colston statue's destruction an 'iconic moment' for the city"

https://tinyurl.com/yad5y5ak

Mike, isn't a great that Lee was so considerate of his own family? I think in my first posting it pointed out that Lee wasn't very considerate of slave families having the obnoxious habit of splitting families up as he sold his slaves.

General Meigs made sure that the Lee family couldn't return to Arlington. 👍

https://tinyurl.com/y9unuhf4 (How Arlington National Cemetery Came to Be)


News Item6/8/2020 1:22 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
8
comments
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]

News Item6/8/2020 9:52 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
It appears that the majority of Americans supported the move by Trump - - with some notable exceptions.

https://tinyurl.com/ydy37zg6

"Trump Pulls National Guard Out Of Washington D.C., Says ‘Everything Is Under Perfect Control" ❗

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 more


Randy Wages
Chastening and its Fruit

Hebrews 12:1-11
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Hourly:
From Fear to Faith
Alistair Begg
Truth For Life
Staff Picks..

Mark S. Wisniewski
Cuando Dios Está Enojado

Lamentaciones - Spanish
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

Sermon:
Come Unto Me
Paul Washer

SPONSOR | 9,500+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
MyChurch App New!
Watch
Android
MyChurch App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom New!
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.