Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -52 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
ALL COMMENTS ON SERMONS, NEWS, ETC.
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon The English Reformation - Pt 2 | Rev. John Wagner
Anonymous Name
"It should be noted that our Protestant Reformers of old were..."
-25 hrs 
Sermon Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled | Jeff Arthur
Hugh from Scotland UK
-30 hrs 
Sermon Constancy and Consistency | Joshua Daniel
Florin Motiu from Oradea, Romania
-31 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 298 user comments in the past 3 days.
News Item7/2/2020 3:11 PM
DKH | the west  Contact via emailFind all comments by DKH
• Posted 4 minutes ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Ladybug, maybe we shouldnt be so focused on getting "saved". Gods primary purpose isn't to save us. Its to put His Glory on display.

Jesus said in the great commission to tell others to obey Him. Thats what i'm doing and thats what I'm encouraging everyone else to do.

I would encourage anyone to do a study on the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven in the NT. Both terms are used a very frequently by Jesus and the Apostles.

This view point of the Gospel is what the early Christians believed for the 3 centuries of Christianity prior to Catholicism.

Here is a sermons that is very interesting. Also recommend a short book called the "Apostles Gospel" by Paul Pavao.

"Ten Shekels and A Shirt"
https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=10180222445


News Item7/2/2020 3:10 PM
James Thomas | Fla  Find all comments by James Thomas
• Posted 5 minutes ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
DKH wrote:
‭“But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”
Acts‬ ‭26:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Ladybug, your comment surprises me. I do not wish to get involved in a political discussion but want to point out that repentance is central to the gospel. All these verses are in Acts where the Apostles are confronting unbelievers. Shouldn’t we preach the gospel that the Apostles preached? And yet, if I would say “repent and do works meet for repentance” people would say I’m a heretic or quickly explain that Paul didn’t mean what he said.

When they say that DKH, simply point to Galatians 5:22 where Paul defines the works meet for repentance spoken of in Acts 26:20 to be a fruit of the Spirit and not a work of the flesh.
I'd say the same thing is also described in Rom 13:12 where Paul spoke of casting off the works of darkness [self righteous works of the law] and to put on the armor of light.

Phil 3:9 ***And be found IN HIM***, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:


News Item7/2/2020 3:04 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
• Posted 11 minutes ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
"To join this Kingdom of God you must repent of your sins"--which means to you perform a work in order to get saved. The reality is you never stop sinning, so you will never be saved by that works based religion praise God for freeing me from that madness! gotta share this with my FB friends, we pray God will grant understanding on the deceivableness of unrighteousness

News Item7/2/2020 2:56 PM
DKH | the west  Contact via emailFind all comments by DKH
• Posted 19 minutes ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
John UK wrote:
DKH, when you have a moment, I would be interested to know what you consider to be the heart of the gospel message to sinners.
Thanks for asking! Jesus said "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand." Jesus was ushering in a new Kingdom that was not of this world (John 18:36). A Kingdom of servants that follow Him and do what He says. This Kingdom is a group of Jesus-followers that show the world what the whole world would look like if everyone obeyed the King.

We serve him because he deserves every ounce of energy we have because He purchased us with His blood. We dont serve Him because of some benefit we get although there are many benefits! One of which is eternal life.

Just like other kingdoms, the King (Jesus) commands his servants to obey Him. "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?". But unlike earthly governments and kingdoms the King himself gives us the power to obey Him! This power is called Grace (Titus 2:11-14).

To join this Kingdom of God you must repent of your sins, believe on Jesus (not just believe a fact about the atonement, but actually believe in Him). And be baptized (John 3:16, Acts 2:38).

The great commission makes it clear. ...Teach them to obey what whatever I have commande


News Item7/2/2020 2:11 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 1 hour ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
4
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
Grateful for that half of the population who have the ability to emigrate with a UK passport, Brother John.
Quiet Brother, I just happened to glance over this story this morning, and I believe the British gov is doing all it can to make an easy passage for anyone in Hong Kong to depart. It seems the best thing to do, because if they rebel, it will only end in tears. China obviously has its plan, and will implement it, even if it costs greatly on both sides.

News Item7/2/2020 1:59 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
DKH wrote:
Another interesting note. In the book of Acts, the Apostles rairly (if not ever) talk about the atonement when sharing the gospel. That comes later in the epistles (letters written to believers). The Apostles preached Jesus and told people to follow him in Acts. They didn’t preach a fact about about Jesus which is walk a lot of Christians today preach. To be clear, the atonement is important but overused in witnessing.
DKH, when you have a moment, I would be interested to know what you consider to be the heart of the gospel message to sinners.

For example:

John 3:16 KJV
(16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Would you say that God "gave his only begotten Son" refers to the atoning sacrifice at Calvary, made by his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, particularly, redemption by his blood?

And that "whosoever believeth in him" refers to believing this about Christ, and believing, comes to him, receives him, and in receiving him, receives eternal life, because "he that hath the Son hath life"?

Thank you.


News Item7/2/2020 1:59 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
God has blessed me greatly thru the preaching of Tim, and Gary Shepard. May He use the previous snippet for His glory.

News Item7/2/2020 1:55 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Excellent Gospel preacher who faithfully has preached Christ and His Gospel for over 40 years to the Native Americans in Cherokee, North Carolina.
I have listened to nearly all his God
glorifying, man in the dust sermons.👍.
Thanks for posting this up, perhaps it will be a benefit to someone, if they have been given ears to hear.

News Item7/2/2020 1:42 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Sister, this is excellent, from Tim James--The Gospel message, that glorious message, that good news, declares in absolute, absolute terms that your life no matter how well it is lived, no matter the mark you might leave on history, no matter the high thoughts you entertain concerning the value of yourself and the worth of your works,none of it plays any part in the salvation of your soul. None of it. None of it plays any part in righteousness before
God. None of it plays any part with acceptance before God and to these legalists and 99%

of religion which is legalism, the Gospel is a scandal and it is offensive. It's offensive. If you don't think so, just keep harping on it. Just keep saying, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness." "I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name." Christ alone is my righteousness. Christ alone is my salvation. I am
nothing. I have nothing. I can do nothing. I can offer nothing. I have nothing to offer. My very best deed that I might ever do is of absolutely no value in the salvation of my soul or my acceptance before God.


News Item7/2/2020 1:37 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Frank wrote:
Brother JohnUK,

I have been elected and chosen by God through faith in Christ from before the foundation of the world. This election is based solely on God’s righteousness, and grace that have been bestowed upon me not based on works that I have done, am doing, or will ever do, but to fulfil His desire and purpose. Because of God’s effectual calling and the new nature He has given me, I confess that Jesus Christ is God, very God and man, very man and that He is my Lord and Savior. God Himself is then my Messiah and my Redeemer who came to this earth, took on humanity, lived a perfect life as the Son of Man and willingly shed His blood and was pierced through for my iniquities. His death on the cross was a singular event (IT IS FINISHED) and reveals His victory over Satan and demonstrates His righteousness for all to see.
God loved me from before the foundation of the world and because of His love, desire and purpose, He will conform me into the image of His precious Son as He has promised. He has given me a new heart that loves Jesus and based on that love, I desire to obey Him and to walk in a manner worthy of my Lord and Savior.
Amen brother, and amen. This is a testimony full of scripture.

News Item7/2/2020 1:34 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
I too was released from a cult, but there’s always a group who want to drag you back into the prison of self-righteousness and always looking to self (and others) instead of our Lord and Savior.
One thing the Gospel will teach you is you are the chief of sinners and deserve nothing but wrath and condemnation.But, God had mercy on me and revealed Christ and granted me the grace of repentance to believe what has been purposed from before the foundation of the world, and accomplished by His Darling Son 2000 years ago. ‘It Is Finished”. My only hope and rest. I know this is yours also.
Praise God for His Great Mercy and Grace.

News Item7/2/2020 1:13 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
• Posted 2 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Amen sister MS! You are one of the few who understand. I used to be in that works based religion with all it's do's and don'ts...by His grace I understand what it means to rest in Him. May God grant understanding to His elect who are yet to come. Others will continue to wallow in their sin of self righteous 'dead works'...'and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved'-2 thess. 2:10

News Item7/2/2020 12:58 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Brother JohnUK,

A cut and paste from my written testimony. You are so correct in all of your comment.

I have been elected and chosen by God through faith in Christ from before the foundation of the world. This election is based solely on God’s righteousness, and grace that have been bestowed upon me not based on works that I have done, am doing, or will ever do, but to fulfill His desire and purpose. Because of God’s effectual calling and the new nature He has given me, I confess that Jesus Christ is God, very God and man, very man and that He is my Lord and Savior. God Himself is then my Messiah and my Redeemer who came to this earth, took on humanity, lived a perfect life as the Son of Man and willingly shed His blood and was pierced through for my iniquities. His death on the cross was a singular event (IT IS FINISHED) and reveals His victory over Satan and demonstrates His righteousness for all to see.

God loved me from before the foundation of the world and because of His love, desire and purpose, He will conform me into the image of His precious Son as He has promised. He has given me a new heart that loves Jesus and based on that love, I desire to obey Him and to walk in a manner worthy of my Lord and Savior.


News Item7/2/2020 12:53 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Frank wrote:
...
Interesting comment on Paul. Yes some consider him to be a misogynist and they pick and choose what to believe is spiritual.
Well said brother.
It's a sad fact bro. But real spiritual joy and freedom will come to anyone when they accept the whole of the Bible as the very word of God, and see it as a blessing not a restriction. Alas, so many women will always miss out on the best blessings, for allowing their own flesh and carnal nature to trump the word of God, when it comes to their God-given role, designed for peace and a good equilibrium.

News Item7/2/2020 12:44 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Ladybug wrote:
Is repentance from sin necessary before God will save you? What does Hebrews 6:1, -repentance from dead works-mean? lordshippers and legalists want to dance, not interested in that. Must you stop sinning BEFORE God will save you? Keep in mind, repent means 'change of mind'...not interested in your 'testimonies' , quotes from compromisers, or any rabbit trails from the dynamic duo... What is repentance from DEAD works?
Since you can't get an answer sister..dead works in Scripture,refers to anything other than or in addition to the imputed righteousness of God in Christ which we vainly imagine contributes to or maintains salvation.

News Item7/2/2020 12:43 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Frank wrote:
Brother John UK, yes I was instantly born again and became a permanent part of Christ's family. Well said brother.
Herein lies (as you probably know far better than me) the big difference between biblical Christianity and Romanism, who hold a salvation in progress rather than an instantaneous "justification for life and eternity", which comes when we are born again, repent and believe. All three are a work of God in the heart, and ought never be used by way of a formula, as we find in crusades etc.

To be born again is the most wonderful thing that can happen to any sinner in this world. It is evidence of God's electing love and sovereign grace, and all things flow from this new creation, including faith in Jesus Christ, which justifies immediately the sinner. This faith will have accompanying works, which will come later, having no effect on justification, except to prove its reality, because faith without works is a dead faith, that is, not genuine but pseudo.

Your words always bless me bro! Thank you.


News Item7/2/2020 12:31 PM
Ladybug  Find all comments by Ladybug
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
Is repentance from sin necessary before God will save you? What does Hebrews 6:1, -repentance from dead works-mean? lordshippers and legalists want to dance, not interested in that. Must you stop sinning BEFORE God will save you? Keep in mind, repent means 'change of mind'...not interested in your 'testimonies' , quotes from compromisers, or any rabbit trails from the dynamic duo... What is repentance from DEAD works? ' The repentance that gives evidence of salvation is a change of mind concerning the character of God and how He can justly save sinners. It is a change of mind concerning Christ and the value of His righteousness as the only means of entitlement to heaven. It is also a change of mind concerning ourselves as we become aware of the sin that naturally deceives us, of thinking that anything other than the righteousness of Christ imputed could remove our guilt and defilement before a holy God.

Only the true Gospel can expose this sin that causes us to seek to establish a righteousness of our own before God.'-randy wages https://www.pristinegrace.org/media.php?id=481


News Item7/2/2020 12:29 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
DKH wrote:
“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;”
Thanks for your comment! When I became saved I had no idea just how sinful I was. All I knew was my sin condemned me and Christ had paid the price for all my sins, past, present and future. When I repented I simply felt that I should obey my Lord and Savior because He is worthy to be obeyed. I have always believed that in order for Jesus to be my Savior, He also had to be my Lord. IOW, why would He die for my sins and then say it is okay to live in them. The more I understand the holiness of God, the more I realize what a miserable failure I am. But, I also realize just how much God loves me and the extent of His forgiveness.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on repentance.

Brother JohnUK, yes I was instantly born again and became a permanent part of Christ's family.

Interesting comment on Paul. Yes some consider him to be a misogynist and they pick and choose what to believe is spiritual.

Well said brother.


News Item7/2/2020 12:28 PM
Jonny Gamer | Houston, TX  Contact via emailGo to homepageFind all comments by Jonny Gamer
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
4
comments
Of course finally this is correct decision! I totally appreciate it. I want to recommend you site with only good news from gaming industry and latest reviews

News Item7/2/2020 12:25 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 3 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
37
comments
DKH wrote:
And yet, if I would say “repent and do works meet for repentance” people would say I’m a heretic or quickly explain that Paul didn’t mean what he said.
DKH, you observe astutely, and it will happen here on this thread.

But the word of God is true and unashamed, and you quoted:

Acts 26:20 KJV
(20)  But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

There is a certain type of person who regards Paul the Apostle as their enemy rather than a great man of God.

Salvation IMHO is instantaneous. That is, justification comes to us in an instance in time, when we put our trust in Jesus Christ. This is a work of God in the heart. He also works a new attitude in the heart: hatred of sin and a desire to serve, love and obey the Lord Jesus Christ, thus submitting himself to the "law of Christ" as opposed to the 10 commandments, salvation being by grace alone. The submission is not a meritorious work, and comes not from the sinner's heart anyway. However, no submission, no salvation.

What think you?

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more



Bob Vincent
Stay in the Ark

Early Christianity
Sunday Service
Sermons by Bob and Others
Play! | MP4 | RSS

God or Government?
Randy Osborne

Hourly:
The Holy War!
Rev. Colin Mercer
Faith FPC
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
#40 The Grace of God in Action

Acts From The Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Rev. Stephen E. MacKenzie
Choose Love

Fishers of Men Bible Church
Sunday Service
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon:
Buscadme Y Viviréis
Mark S. Wisniewski

SPONSOR | 6,200+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
MyChurch App New!
Watch
Android
MyChurch App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices New!
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.